KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Official Doctor Who Thread

Like Dr Who?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 123 86.62%
No 12 8.45%
It's OK 7 4.93%
Total: 142 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Official Doctor Who Thread
Started by: Blue Dragon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (181): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
grade 3 ol
Bordom Blabberer

luv youre signiature pic by the way BD

Old Post May 19th, 2005 03:43 AM
grade 3 ol is currently offline Click here to Send grade 3 ol a Private Message Find more posts by grade 3 ol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon
X/1999 = best anime ever!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by grade 3 ol
well, have you ever really looked at a jelly baby? theyre just this figure of a little kid without any clothes on... why arent they clothed?

Don't know.

We must not let them disappear! Act now & together we can save them.
Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post May 19th, 2005 07:53 AM
Blue Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grade 3 ol
Bordom Blabberer

o, k then

Old Post May 19th, 2005 10:37 PM
grade 3 ol is currently offline Click here to Send grade 3 ol a Private Message Find more posts by grade 3 ol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Originally posted by Blue Dragon
C Eccolston isn't staying, he's quiting, why do it in the first place if the doctor's going to look different?!

He didnt want to be typecast in that role, so he always said he would only do one season

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:53 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon

I know I know now, I know about the one season thing.

Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 07:40 PM
Blue Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hayden's minx
Safe

Does anyone know if they plan to show it on BBC America?
Just in case *fingers crossed that I won't be there* :P

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 11:29 AM
hayden's minx is currently offline Click here to Send hayden's minx a Private Message Find more posts by hayden's minx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Billie Piper is now leaving the show also, so they will be replacing her, one in the line is Keeley Hawes(sp?) from Spooks/Tipping the Velvet, I think she would be wonderful in the role, good actress.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 02:07 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon

^ I heard about this today! It was on the front cover of a newspaper. I read some inside but not all. I saw the picture of the new Doctor...name name...

I forgot the name but doesn't look much of a doctor, the other older ones had beards & looked wise which make better Doctors, but Eccelston was good.

Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 05:24 PM
Moosooman
Restricted

Account Restricted

its ok but bilie piper spoils eet tbh messed

-TeamMir-

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 07:26 PM
Moosooman is currently offline Click here to Send Moosooman a Private Message Find more posts by Moosooman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

What? anyway, Billie Piper is fine as a sidekick. I think the new Doctor's name is David Trent?

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 10:38 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon

^ That would be the one.
Moose what's 'eet' & 'tbh'? Talk ENGLISH.

Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 01:48 PM
mischief

new doctor is david tennant, and he should be way better then ecclestone. best doctor was tom baker, colin baker was good too, just didn't get enough time in the role

Old Post May 25th, 2005 03:50 AM
mischief is currently offline Click here to Send mischief a Private Message Find more posts by mischief Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grade 3 ol
Bordom Blabberer

I saw the first ep of the new series on saturday!!!! it was so AWESOME!!!!
and it was so stupid and crap and awesome!

k, let me explain. compared to the old eps, it was stupid and crap, but if i hadnt seen the oldies, I would rekon it is awesome. it is.

i like the bit how the rubbish bin eats rose's boyfriend. 3343434

Old Post May 25th, 2005 10:50 PM
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

It is pretty naff. Doctor Who was always naff, but somehow I liked it.

So far, I haven't really enjoyed much of the new series. I didn't like the Episode with the single pathetic Dalek, and I didn't like that crappy Auton one with the stupid wheelie bin that came alive. It wasn't down to the shoddiness of the villains either, it was because of that idiot boyfriend, and I really don't like Billy Piper, at all.

I did, however, really enjoy the one set in World War II, Richard Wilson was a guest star and it was about some sort of monster disease, and they turned into gas-mask wearring Zombies. Rather creepy, and the cheesy format of the show made it even more creepy and wierd, and I loved it.

I get the feeling it should be on Childrens BBC, rather than Prime Time, but Doctor Who has always been a naff pile of crap so I can forgive it.

So it's been a bit hit and miss. I couldn't believe that idiot from Coronation Street was in one Episode. His overly crap acting and fake accent really bugged the hell outta me.

Oh and Simon Pegg's villain was excellent. I enjoyed that. I'd love to see more comedy actors making cameos, because they seem to suit the over the top nature of the show better than legit hammy actors.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 10:45 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon

I enjoyed the one when we see Rose's dad...it's sad though because even though he saw the older Rose, they forget about that...he will never know... sad

He will never know about Rose anyway, what she's like, what she does (time travel) etc.

Rubbish bin eats Rose's boyfriend? Bruno Langly was fine.

Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post May 27th, 2005 05:37 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by eleveninches
He didnt want to be typecast in that role, so he always said he would only do one season

Nothing to do with being typecast! That has been denied, it was never a reason.

The second half of the season has been an improvement. The Simon Pegg episode was, indeed, only worth watching for Simon Pegg, but Father's Day and the new World War II one has been very good indeed.

And Dr. Who always was a kid's show on at a non-kid's slot designed to appeal to everyoine, not just sci-fi fans, so that all fits. It's getting censor-based complaints as well, so another triumph.

This has been the BBC's big success of the year and its future is assured. Good job.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on May 27th, 2005 at 06:29 PM

Old Post May 27th, 2005 06:27 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BENITO
Perfect Rolemodel 4 N00bs

What was up with those guys who go are you my mummy?

Old Post May 27th, 2005 07:18 PM
BENITO is currently offline Click here to Send BENITO a Private Message Find more posts by BENITO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon

I was going to say that...murrrrrmmmmyyyyy....murrrrrrmmmmmmyyy...are you my mumy? Where's my mummy? I want my mummy.

Dr Who is given a 12 so it's not kid's show.

Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post May 28th, 2005 09:28 PM
Abbita

Tonights episode was great, along with every other episode in this series. Ive never been a doctor who fan and didnt think i would watch this new one but i gave it a go as there was nothing else on (which seems to happen a lot lately) and now i am hooked big grin

Old Post May 28th, 2005 11:19 PM
Abbita is currently offline Click here to Send Abbita a Private Message Find more posts by Abbita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Smile It actually was never a childrens show

It was under BBC drama but started as an historical semi educational show, until the "dead planet" introduced the daleks smile
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Nothing to do with being typecast! That has been denied, it was never a reason.

The second half of the season has been an improvement. The Simon Pegg episode was, indeed, only worth watching for Simon Pegg, but Father's Day and the new World War II one has been very good indeed.

And Dr. Who always was a kid's show on at a non-kid's slot designed to appeal to everyoine, not just sci-fi fans, so that all fits. It's getting censor-based complaints as well, so another triumph.

This has been the BBC's big success of the year and its future is assured. Good job.

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post May 28th, 2005 11:25 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote