KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S LORD OF THE RINGS GAME PART 3- The Tournament and the Traitor

USH'S LORD OF THE RINGS GAME PART 3- The Tournament and the Traitor
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (132): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, if people need to research I'll need details of what they want to know about what; nothing to do with Elf graves, Darvan.

There isn't any action, Argentis. What do you want to do?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 16th, 2005 03:21 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

Dunno I guess if there is nothing more for me to do with Marakith and Kallan I will go out and see the city again.

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post May 16th, 2005 06:46 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Fine, I'll do the graveyard curses Tpt asked for...

Or, if not, I'll give him a day to reply, then Darvan'll get bored and find someting else to do.

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 01:03 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

City is still there Argentis. Phew!

Ok, what do you want to look up about them, Darvan, and where?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post May 18th, 2005 01:15 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

Hehe, anything exciting to do? perferably somewhere to get some food

in Dwarven accent: Red Meat of the Bone!

Old Post May 18th, 2005 01:27 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Okidokey, looks like we have our basic player pick, in which case this Sunday (hopefully) i'll start the dreaded process of equipping that I have been wanting to avoid, and I'll get that list for Vardalain too.

And boy, there is food being sold EVERYWHERE, Argentis. Let it not be said that the Kingdom of the North does not understand capitalism on a day like this.

In fact, everyone looks happier than you might have imagined, Argentis. You guess being at Baranar dented your spirits somewhat, but even so, you expected there to be more consternation than this.

Elothiel, you actually have received an invite to attend to a room at the Palace in order to receive your due hospitality.

BtVS

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:22 AM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Um, Darvan will go and ask the librarian about them, I guess. wink

And specifically if any were used for elves. But only if he gets a lot of information. If he gets none, or very little, he just lokos through whatever he is given.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 03:02 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, well, if you are referring to the Downs, you are told, then the story is this.

This is to do with the great battle of Amon Sul (Weathertop), the final battle of the Witch-King's first invasion of Arnor, several centuries ago. This had taken a long time, and, through a variety of events, Rhudaur had been eaten away from the inside and taken over by Dunlendings. Cardolan was under invasion- this was back when Cardolan was a strong Kingdom like Arthedan.

Amon Sul was a natural fortress in a commanding position, and was also a home to one of the Palantirs. Each of the three human kingdoms of the North- the remnants of the Rhudaur, and the grand armies of Cardolan and Arthedain, drew up to fight the threat.

Ostensibly, anyway. In fact, the Arthedain army arrived early, stole the palantir, and buggered off before the fighting started. The Arthedanians say the battle was a lost cause and keeping the Palantir safe was the most important thing, but others never forgave them. The battle was lost and Amon Sul destroyed.

After the war, the remaining Cardolani nobility went and hid in the Downs to the west by the old forest- there, they buried their dead.

Now, in the end, the Elves intervened before Cardolan was totally wiped out. However, it never really recovered, and eventually the Great Plague killed the last of the true Dunadan nobility in Cardolan.

However, between the end of the battle at Weathertop and their final death by plague, by tradition the Cardolani buried all their noble dead in those Mounds.

Recently, however, it seems all transit to the Burial Mounds has been forbidden.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on May 22nd, 2005 at 04:42 PM

Old Post May 20th, 2005 04:05 PM
Fire

Hmm these people are acting happy for some reason I don't comprehend don't they know they lost one of their greatest defence capablities in these last few months????
"Aah well no worries about that for now"

I start looking for a food stand or something where I can buy a big piece of meat on a bone

Old Post May 21st, 2005 11:40 AM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Who banned it?

And are there any rumous of elves being buried with the nobility?

Old Post May 21st, 2005 12:00 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

None- nothing to do with Elves.

It's banned on order of the King.

Well, you found one, Argentis!

BtVS

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 04:43 PM
Fire

woow

"Well hello there my good man -assuming it's a guy- can I buy one those pieces of meat?"

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 05:33 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Hmm...
OK,
The king has ordered that there be no transportation to toe buiral mounds. I say we go ask him.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 06:03 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Well, only if he knows you. Darvan will accompany you - but if he thinks he's the only person working, he'll give it up stick out tongue

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 06:35 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The King is a tiny tad busy with a. the celebrations and tournament and b. the Traitor plotline (and also with being a King!), so you may have to make enquiries at a lower down level instead.

-

Good meat at a good price, Argentis. Not a sign of a collapsing Kingdom.

BtVS

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 01:50 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

EQUIPMENT

Ok, here we go on this.

This was such a pain last time that I am not bothering with the full version this time- instead, I am using a massively cut-down version.

First of all, it is assumed that everyone has enough resources for the following:

Appropriate clothes
Food and other supplies to last a journey.
The means of making fire
The means of making camp
Any non-metallic armour, and a shield if you want it.

And then...

Any one basic (i.e. non-superior) weapon
And in any one scenario, if you have a weapon that needs them, sixty arrows and/or bolts, with a quiver that holds 20, or enough throwing weapons for 10 throws.

---

For better and more expensive equipment, you must save. For every background point you put into a money option, you get 20 gp. For every previous story you completed, you get another 20 gp.

Fornost is a sophisticated city with the great crafts of the Dunadan available, so you can buy lots here.

WEAPONS- Weapons with bonuses are of exceptional craftmanship

Battle Axe: 1.5 gp
+5: 13 gp
+10: 65 gp

Broadsword: 1 gp
+5: 10 gp
+10: 50 gp

Composite Bow: 1.5 gp
+5: 17 gp
+10: 85 gp

Crossbow: 2.5 gp
+5: 25 gp
+10: 125 gp

Dagger: .5 gp
+5 dagger: 3 gp
+10 dagger: 15 gp

Handaxe: as Broadsword

Longbow: 1 gp
+5: 10 gp
+10: 50 gp

Mace: As Broadsword

Lance: As Broadsword

Shortbow: As Broadsword

Shortsword: .5gp
+5: 3.5 gp
+10: 18 gp

Spear: As Broadsword

Two-handed sword: 2gp
+5: 20 gp
+10: 100 gp

ARMOUR- bonuses refer to well-designed armour that reduces the Manoeuvre encumbrance- it does not make them more protective! (THat's very rare)

Metallic greaves for arms and legs: 1 gp

Metal helmet: 1 gp

+5 soft leather: 3 gp
+10 soft leather: 15 gp

+5 rigid leather: 10 gp
+10 rigid leather: 50 gp

Chain: 4 gp
+5 Chain: 40 gp
+10 Chain: 200 gp

Plate: 5 gp
+5 plate: 50 gp
+10 plate: 250 gp

ANIMALS

Beast of burden (to carry equipment): 4 gp

Light Horse: 5 gp
Medium Horse: 6 gp
Heavy Horse: 8 gp

Lesser Warhorse: 20 gp
Greater Warhorse: 75gp

---

There we go!

BtVS

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 02:15 PM
Fire

we get 20 gp per background point (ain't that double the amount we used to?)

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 02:27 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yup- same as buting an background item gets you a +10 rather than a plus 5 now.

BtVS

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 02:28 PM
Fire

okie but this means I have a full 20 gp extra from my background, cause my horse was bloody expensive (first time around)

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 02:28 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Spare money is very useful!

BtVS

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 02:35 PM