KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » X-box 360!

X-box 360!
Started by: DarkAnakin226

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I wonder if EB Games and Gamestop are already taking reservations for the new consoles. confused

I'll check it out.

Old Post May 13th, 2005 06:18 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
$70 is a boatload of money for a game. I rather have a less powerful system if its going to cost me 500 bucks or more to play one game. Thats horrible.
it seems like they're taking the Neo Geo route.. cheap system, expensive games (even though the system probably isnt cheap.. but still)

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post May 13th, 2005 06:49 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
_G-Unit_
50' Gangsta

the 360's graphics were ttly SH!T...

i aint impressed, spend my money else were. no expression

Old Post May 13th, 2005 07:31 PM
_G-Unit_ is currently offline Click here to Send _G-Unit_ a Private Message Find more posts by _G-Unit_ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I called my local EB and Gamestop and they have different prices for reservations (I'll tell you why is better to reserved shortly). EB games deposit is $20 and Gamestop is $50 for the console only. Now if you're planning to buy it might as well start reserved it. Not because is gonna sell out. But because is better to pay it off and when November comes you just go to the store and pick up the console. Or just wait for it is release and then buy it at Sears or elsewhere. Whichever way you chose is up to you guys. Personally I think is better to just make payments and reserve it.

Old Post May 13th, 2005 07:35 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

obviously trying to pander to the ipod style lovers

pretty cool though... we'll just have to see what the competition will bring to the table

(please log in to view the image)

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post May 13th, 2005 07:53 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

I just got an x-box for the first time today.
I might actually still get an xbox360, but i traded in my old mega drive with 10 games as well as my GBA, which meant that it was only £60 for an x-box and any chart game.

Old Post May 13th, 2005 07:58 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

you traded a mega drive for an x box...are you mad?...what about streets of rage?...they dont make em like that anymore on your fancy schmancy x box

roll eyes (sarcastic)

(please log in to view the image)

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post May 13th, 2005 08:00 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

it was a mega drive (10 games) a GBA (2 games) for
an x-box and a chart game for £50

Old Post May 13th, 2005 08:31 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Old school gamers are always so critical about new technology.

"Back in my day we didn't have no fancy schmancy real-time graphics or wireless controller! No, we had to make do with our three inch extention cord and 4 bits per minute colored pixels! I had to trudge 25 stages for 4 days with nothing but a potion and bronze sword. It was hard work but dagnabit I did it! Now with this "Ipeod" looking feller you kids don't know what honest to god videogaming is! Internet access? Blu-ray discs? What is this nonsense? Back in my day we had cartridges and we didn't need no internet access! 300 dollars for the system?!? Dagnambit! You done gone almost gave me a heart attack. Back in my day I only had to pay 199.99 dollars for my system! And it worked just fine too. No fancy gimmicks. No fancy headsets. Blasted kids! No respect for the past!"

Had to happen eventually. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Last edited by Draco69 on May 13th, 2005 at 11:21 PM

Old Post May 13th, 2005 11:10 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Shmedi
NNOOO000000oooooo

I read in PSM that developers for the "Revolution" and the X-Box 360 saw what the PS3 was capable of, and switched to make games for that instead, that's some bragging rights there on Sony's part.

Old Post May 14th, 2005 03:01 AM
Jedi Shmedi is currently offline Click here to Send Jedi Shmedi a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Shmedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

What is this with the Sony fan boys now braging about the PS3 having more processing power than the 360? You were the same ones saying that it didn't matter that the Xbox was much more powerful than the PS2, it was the games that made the PS2. Quit flip floping your views already. It is already known that computing power does not mean a console will do better in the market, otherwise the Xbox would've outsold the PS2 outright. So please STFU about the processing power already, besides Xbox 360 has many more exclusived deals with good Development companies than PS3.

Old Post May 14th, 2005 03:52 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

$300 for a system is one thing, Draco, but come on, if the system is going to cost $500 or more (speculation, obviously), thats alot of money for gaming. Atleast with a computer, its used for alot more things.
I like the idea of wireless controllers and all that jazz, but I dont know if im willing to spend all this money on any system because of the hardware. So you get more releastic graphics, but will that make a game better?

Nintendo released some info on the thier new system. Official statement, " That said, the statement concluded with a tantalizing tease for Nintendo fans. "There's much more to Revolution that will be revealed over the coming months," it read, "but the combination of its compact size, wireless Internet, backward compatibility, quick start-up time, and quiet, low-power operation add up to the start of a great game system."

Sound interesting also. Completly different route than XBOX, but I dont know if it will fly with hardcore and casual gamers. People like power.

Cal31, thanks for that post. It was amazing, hahaha.

Old Post May 14th, 2005 05:03 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

The entire thing if you missed it:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player....34&type=wmv

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post May 14th, 2005 07:01 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

When im trying to run SW:ep3, the screen often says that the disk may be dirty or damaged. What's wrong?

Old Post May 14th, 2005 09:44 AM
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

$70 is a boatload of money for a game. I rather have a less powerful system if its going to cost me 500 bucks or more to play one game. Thats horrible.

Super Mario RPG was $80, and Zelda:OoT was $80, well worth it.

Old Post May 14th, 2005 03:48 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Originally posted by cal31
What is this with the Sony fan boys now braging about the PS3 having more processing power than the 360? You were the same ones saying that it didn't matter that the Xbox was much more powerful than the PS2, it was the games that made the PS2. Quit flip floping your views already. It is already known that computing power does not mean a console will do better in the market, otherwise the Xbox would've outsold the PS2 outright. So please STFU about the processing power already, besides Xbox 360 has many more exclusived deals with good Development companies than PS3.

Have you lost your mind? EVERYONE is now admitting the Ps3 will be the most technical one the 3 new consoles, let alone because Sony has until 2006-2007 to get the best technology possible. You should be well aware that the Ps3 is probably going to be more powerful then GameCube Revolution & XBox 360.

Old Post May 14th, 2005 03:53 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

Learn to read buddy. I never once said that the PS3 wasn't going to be more powerful then the 360, just another example of how ignorant stupid PS2 fanboys are.

Old Post May 14th, 2005 04:57 PM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

$300 for a system is one thing, Draco, but come on, if the system is going to cost $500 or more (speculation, obviously), thats alot of money for gaming. Atleast with a computer, its used for alot more things.
I like the idea of wireless controllers and all that jazz, but I dont know if im willing to spend all this money on any system because of the hardware. So you get more releastic graphics, but will that make a game better?

Nintendo released some info on the thier new system. Official statement, " That said, the statement concluded with a tantalizing tease for Nintendo fans. "There's much more to Revolution that will be revealed over the coming months," it read, "but the combination of its compact size, wireless Internet, backward compatibility, quick start-up time, and quiet, low-power operation add up to the start of a great game system."

Sound interesting also. Completly different route than XBOX, but I dont know if it will fly with hardcore and casual gamers. People like power.

Cal31, thanks for that post. It was amazing, hahaha.

So you don't like X-Box because its gonna be expensive? Tough nuts for you. I can afford it now.

And Revolution sounds exactly the same as X-Box 360 except for the backwards compatibility. I heard they're gonna have touchpads for controllers. Oh god.... sick

Old Post May 14th, 2005 07:52 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

touchpads can go farther than conventional controllers with the correct development.. like one good thing about it would be you can change the button layout to anywhere you want on the screen

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post May 14th, 2005 08:17 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

That would be neat....however the problem with touchpads is that A) it can be scratched and could damage the circuitry and B) it has to be PERFECT and I mean PERFECT or else the entire system suffers. Touchpads are extremely tricky to make.

I still prefer buttons.

Old Post May 14th, 2005 08:36 PM