KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Play Station 3!!!

Play Station 3!!!
Started by: splintercell

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TX!
judgement day will come!

personally i dont care bout looks all that matters is how good the graphics are,sound, and the features and stuff like that it has and the games that are gonna come wit it that just my opinion

Old Post May 18th, 2005 03:06 AM
TX! is currently offline Click here to Send TX! a Private Message Find more posts by TX! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

ya i guess you are right. the competition is stiff. but i wonder what bill gates must be thinking right now, regarding the statement he made that this versoin of x-box will dent sony. i'm not saying he should EAT his words, but that was pretty stupid of him, and here is his answer

Old Post May 18th, 2005 03:10 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TX!
judgement day will come!

yea it was pretty stupid of him....as of now from the system specs to the g4 e3 show today i dont think the 360 is gonna dent sony, dont get me wrong all 3 consoles are great in their respective ways but i think so far sony is ahead

Old Post May 18th, 2005 03:22 AM
TX! is currently offline Click here to Send TX! a Private Message Find more posts by TX! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ming Tea!
Restricted

Account Restricted

TX would you go as far as to say PS3 has Toy Story 2 level detail or not? From what I've seen, I wouldn't go that far, although it is on the verge.

If you've got a daddy issue, here's a daddy tissue mate.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 03:27 AM
Ming Tea! is currently offline Click here to Send Ming Tea! a Private Message Find more posts by Ming Tea! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
splintercell
Vaapad master

I HAVE BEEN WATCHING E3 FOR THE PS3 GUESS WHAT KILLZONE 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!]]]]]]]]

Old Post May 18th, 2005 03:45 AM
splintercell is currently offline Click here to Send splintercell a Private Message Find more posts by splintercell Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AdventChild
The Oringinal AdventChild

PS3 is way better....

Old Post May 18th, 2005 04:13 AM
AdventChild is currently offline Click here to Send AdventChild a Private Message Find more posts by AdventChild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TX!
judgement day will come!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ming Tea!
TX would you go as far as to say PS3 has Toy Story 2 level detail or not? From what I've seen, I wouldn't go that far, although it is on the verge.

yes i would go that far

Old Post May 18th, 2005 05:23 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

lol.. so just because sony showed you guys some colored diagrams illustrating that they lead in terms of numerical values.. you barked like a dog and bit the bone.. tsk tsk tsk...

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post May 18th, 2005 07:36 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

No. Actually they showed us the specs and some very impressive game trailers. Skeptical much?

Last edited by Draco69 on May 18th, 2005 at 09:19 AM

Old Post May 18th, 2005 09:13 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

And there is much question as to whether those trailer were actual gameplay or prerendered, so don't jump to conlcusions so fast.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 01:00 PM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
griefzombie

No one know's which will be the best as none of them are out yet.......personally I hope that the nintendo machine does well as the gamecube just got sacked off almost immediately and was pushed on the public by releasing a platinum one(how unoriginal!)

Old Post May 18th, 2005 03:05 PM
griefzombie is currently offline Click here to Send griefzombie a Private Message Find more posts by griefzombie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by Draco69
No. Actually they showed us the specs and some very impressive game trailers. Skeptical much?
lol... specs are VERY similar to xbox... game trailers were possibly pre-renders... the only demo that I particularly liked was the crazy off-road rally "game"

I'm hardly skeptical.. I just choose not to hang off of sony's fishing pole like everyone else wink

Old Post May 18th, 2005 09:14 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

The off-road driving game had me saying "wow" at the graphics, as did their trailer for "Killzone."

But there is NO way that the Killzone trailer was in-game footage. That HAD to be pre-rendered. The battle motions were way too choreographed (did you notice the guy that was stuck on the edge of the building and then "just happened" to be knocked off by another dying enemy? Right.) and it was just way too GOOD.

Still, this is the first time I've wanted a Sony console before it even became available.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 09:25 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
lol... specs are VERY similar to xbox... game trailers were possibly pre-renders... the only demo that I particularly liked was the crazy off-road rally "game"

I'm hardly skeptical.. I just choose not to hang off of sony's fishing pole like everyone else wink

Of course they're similar to the X-box. They have practically the same technology. The game trailers haven't been established to be pre-renders except for rumors which you obviously readily believe. After all anything that's bad about Sony has to be true, right? wink

You not usual skeptical at all......except when it doesn't have to do with Nintendo.

Old Post May 19th, 2005 12:05 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

actually Im skeptical of all the company choices at this point and time.. sony poured a ton of cash into ps3's developement, and are supposedly bringing us tons of great games... too good to be true? me thinks so

microsoft went the way of the iPOD with the totally customizable system shell and interface, as well as hopefully reviving some of the franchises that grounded it to begin with.. Excite-o-meter : Meh....

nintendo seems to be sacrificing technology in order to satisfy purely their older fanbase.. which is not very wise IMO.. but it may or may not work for them.. however I must say it wont work for me

all in all.. when I actually see the final product, and the first wave of game releases.. then I'll tell ya what I think of each system/company smile

Old Post May 19th, 2005 02:33 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

actually Im skeptical of all the company choices at this point and time.. sony poured a ton of cash into ps3's developement, and are supposedly bringing us tons of great games... too good to be true? me thinks so

And why exactly? The merits of cash production clearly show in the specs and the game trailers. Alot of good games are up for release. As I said: skeptical. Except in this case to the extent of paranoia. erm

microsoft went the way of the iPOD with the totally customizable system shell and interface, as well as hopefully reviving some of the franchises that grounded it to begin with.. Excite-o-meter : Meh....

Wait a minute. You advocate innovativeness with Nintendo for a bloody touchpad. But internet access and a completely customizable console that can be shaped to your own individual tastes isn't worth your notice? That's a little redundt. erm And I wouldn't degrade the Ipod way since it's raked in millions of dollars and it's quite the success.

nintendo seems to be sacrificing technology in order to satisfy purely their older fanbase.. which is not very wise IMO.. but it may or may not work for them.. however I must say it wont work for me

They're not sacrificing technology either. They're adding some of the same features that Microsoft and Sony has added to their individual consoles. The problem with Nintendo (and has been for a quite a number of years) is that they don't get with the times. They reject any new technology and refuse to follow market trends even if they are clearly proftiable. This has cost them business.

This is the wave of future. Like it or leave it. I understand and respect your belief for "old-school" gaming industry. But that's dead and done.

Old Post May 19th, 2005 02:40 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

all in all.. when I actually see the final product, and the first wave of game releases.. then I'll tell ya what I think of each system/company smile

I don't think your opinion will change personally. My opinions has varied with the times. We can't really judge anything. However you already criticize the systems for being too modern or "Ipodish".

Old Post May 19th, 2005 02:43 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I currently own : PS2 / Gamecube / Xbox / GBA / PSP / Saturn and Dreamcast... Im hardly considering myself biased

I'm just waiting to see which company is gonna stop talking smack and actually deliver a rich gaming experience

-Sony comment : whats to be paranoid about?.. most of the demos werent impressive to me.. but a few were.. the press conference was like 40 minutes of blah blah.. and the rest of it was trailer spamming

-Microsoft comment : why pay money to be able to swap and customize something that I probably wont be swapping and customizing?.. thats hardly relevant to a touch pad which is an advanced technology [as opposed to swapping plastic on an x360]

-Nintendo : hmm.. I dont have high hopes for them.. but they may sway my opinion.. nintendo always makes a more ergonomic controller than sony

Last edited by SaTsuJiN on May 19th, 2005 at 02:54 AM

Old Post May 19th, 2005 02:49 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

I currently own : PS2 / Gamecube / Xbox / GBA / PSP / Saturn and Dreamcast... Im hardly considering myself biased

Dreamcast?! I waited for the PS2. Everybody in my neighboorhood was bragging about it.....until it died. Ha! evil face I own all the systems except for the Dreamcast, Saturn and PSP. I'll get the PSP when they get rid of the ridiculous bundle pack miffed:

You are kind of biased. Particularly for Nintendo. I'm not saying I'm not.
Owning multiple systems doesn't preculde unbiased statements.

I'm just waiting to see which company is gonna stop talking smack and actually deliver a rich gaming experience.

Which is? You never really define what you believe is an actual " rich gaming experience." Just criticism.

-Sony comment : whats to be paranoid about?.. most of the demos werent impressive to me.. but a few were.. the press conference was like 40 minutes of blah blah.. and the rest of it was trailer spamming

That's what trailers are. Spamming and advertisements. Has been since the term trailer was invented. What exactly were you expecting. The E3 is all about previews. The companies delivered just that. Were you expecting something else? erm

-Microsoft comment : why pay money to be able to swap and customize something that I probably wont be swapping and customizing?.. thats hardly relevant to a touch pad which is an advanced technology as opposed to swapping plastic on an x360

Why? For personalization. For more options. For more freedom. For more anything really. Just because you don't want something doesn't mean we don't. We like customization. We like the ability to alter games and our consoles to our personalities and individual quirks.

The touchpad is relevant because you consistently praise its "innovativeness". So a touchpad is more innovative than complete and utter customization over your own console? erm

-Nintendo : hmm.. I dont have high hopes for them.. but they may sway my opinion.. nintendo always makes a more ergonomic controller than sony

I do have high hopes for them. I hope they get off their medival a$$es and get with the times. They seem to averge every kind of new technology. They don't like new things. With the Revolution it seems like they are finally learning their lessons from the previous consoles.

Nintendo's previous controllers are good for only one thing: their games. Namely Zelda, Mario and DK. Anything else and you're on your own. It's so satisfying to play Mario with their controllers....and SO frustrating to play anything else with it. Ever tried playing a fighting or first-person shooter with the Gamecube controller? Damn near impossible. It's been the mistake for years. They make the controllers for THEIR games but consistently forget the other companies that makes games for them.

Old Post May 19th, 2005 04:01 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Ever tried playing a fighting or first-person shooter with the Gamecube controller? Damn near impossible.

I beg to differ.. soul calibur 2 has benefitted greatly from the button layout of the gamecube.. in fact.. my overall soul calibur 2 performance declines greatly when I am forced to switch to a ps2 controller

The touchpad is relevant because you consistently praise its "innovativeness". So a touchpad is more innovative than complete and utter customization over your own console?

its hardly complete customization.. but if you'd like to think so.. I hardly believe that has anything to do with expensive touchpad technology

Were you expecting something else?

I was expecting them to act like adults n stop ass kissing eachother for the general public.. and cut straight to the chase of graphical demos.. also notice they didnt bother explaining why their controller looks like a dollar store plastic boomerang.. play soul calibur with that! rofl laughing out loud

You never really define what you believe is an actual " rich gaming experience." Just criticism.

a rich gaming experience involves alot of imagination and creative talent, to bring the user into said world and make it an immersive and enjoyable place to spend their time on a consistant basis.. if the game gets boring easily, or is not a believable atmosphere.. it has lost in its achievement

Everybody in my neighboorhood was bragging about it.....until it died. Ha! ---- You are kind of biased. Particularly for Nintendo.

saying I like the touchpad idea hardly makes me biased.. and the only reason dreamcast died was because the CD's were easily pirated.. had nothing to do with it being a bad system, because Im sure one of you at least knows someone with a dreamcast and their 100+ library of burned game copies

Old Post May 19th, 2005 04:40 AM