KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Price of X-box 360!

The Price of X-box 360!
Started by: DarkAnakin226

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's not $300. Nonbody knows how much it will cost.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 03:51 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

i dont care about the price anymore...after watching the trailers....im sold

Old Post May 18th, 2005 03:57 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

the trailers for the PS3 look alot better than XBOX, but its an controversy if its prerendered or not.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 06:38 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RoyMC
Restricted

Account Restricted

thats not possible I bought my xbox 1 for $400!

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 08:14 PM
RoyMC is currently offline Click here to Send RoyMC a Private Message Find more posts by RoyMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

PS3 may cost around $530.
the 360 would be around $250-500....bad news for the PS3 methinks.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 09:09 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RoyMC
thats not possible I bought my xbox 1 for $400!

your retarded

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 10:53 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

He probably bought it the day it came out, that's why it was so expensive.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 10:57 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

yeah but it was $300 the day it came out... wasnt it?

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 12:58 AM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

Considering that SOny is trying to get away with charging PSP for 250 base acessories laughing out loud fing insane by the way i think 300 would be a deal big grin for a whole home console where computers about equal to it would be 500+ range big grin

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 01:05 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

why would anyone buy a Ps3 or xbox360, when you will have to buy a PS4 and xbox720 three years down the road?

I see the next gen consoles as only cosmetic touch ups. I doubt gameplay will change very much at all. I dont see the graphics changing that drastically in the game play, atleast not worth $500.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 03:07 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Every game console I can think of that has come out recently cost $300 initially, and over the years the price drops. PS3, Xbox360, and whatever the hell they're calling the new Nintendo system (Revolution is the working name, I think) will probably all be in the $300 range when they come out.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 04:57 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It wont be $300.

There's a bigger leap in technology in the next-gen compared to the leap XBOX,PS2 and GC made 4-5 years ago. PS3 and XBOX 350 with its technology that they have compared to the components that are in the computers these days, would make both consoles cost over a thousand dollars.
Obvsiouly this isnt going to happen, but $500 for the new console is looking like the norm.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 03:29 PM
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

Microsoft really needs to be cautious on where they price this. Realistically, they should try to be within 15-20% of where the original X-Box listed it when it was released. Going any higher will put them into a similar boat that Panasonic and Goldstar found themselves with the 3DO once Playstation and Saturn hit the scene. I would guess $349.00 (if the original list was $399, and not $299, then I'm thinking it will stay at $399) will be a safe bet this first go round. Just my humble opinion.

Artwork by Cinemaddiction!!!

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 04:03 PM
Primitive Screwhead is currently offline Click here to Send Primitive Screwhead a Private Message Find more posts by Primitive Screwhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

420 to 520

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 04:09 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

Well, this little bit doesn't address the system price... but it looks like the game prices are going up by about 15% ($59.99 USD), about where I would expect the system increase to fall. Link below:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/groups/E3_2005/xbox360.asp

Artwork by Cinemaddiction!!!

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 07:28 PM
Primitive Screwhead is currently offline Click here to Send Primitive Screwhead a Private Message Find more posts by Primitive Screwhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RoyMC
Restricted

Account Restricted

the day it came out it was $400 i bought it from best buy

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 10:01 PM
RoyMC is currently offline Click here to Send RoyMC a Private Message Find more posts by RoyMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

I don't think they can go much higher than $350 and still get the sales they are hoping for.

For the casual gamers, that just ain't cuttin' it! erm

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 10:37 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

i went to gamestop everyone...i asked them when its comming out they said "sometime in fall" i asked them how much it is and they said "should be an estimate of $300", also read up on xbox360.com itll say it somewhere on there 2 wink

Old Post May 24th, 2005 12:25 AM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightningrod
gay o' time

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkAnakin226
Wtf, mine costed like a 0... did x-box really cost 0.. if it did I got it really cheap then!

yes basically that is what every system starts out at in price, when the demand goes down then the price goes down and becomes more cheap

Plus they should just call it a PC now, makes no sense.....since it has a hard drive like a pc and online

Old Post May 24th, 2005 09:55 PM
Lightningrod is currently offline Click here to Send Lightningrod a Private Message Find more posts by Lightningrod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth_royke

you're all lucky you're in the us, in the uk everythings dearer. if it costs you about $350, it'll be about £280 here, which at the exchange rate is about $440. be glad ur there not here. prefer the ps2 myself, couldnt wait 6 months for gta, and halo is overrated.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 11:14 PM
darth_royke is currently offline Click here to Send darth_royke a Private Message Find more posts by darth_royke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote