KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Official Episode 3 fan review page [Merged]

Official Episode 3 fan review page [Merged]
Started by: yodafan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LightSaber_Part

quote: (post)
Originally posted by HateWork
i'll bang up a review when i get home tomorrow night, cuz i'll probably be wide awake and in no mood for going to bed.

should we start taking bets on what macgeeks response is gonna be? i'll start

"i just got back from the greatest piece of film ever to grace a cinema screen, ROTS!!!!!!!!! george lucas has created the perfect film and if this film doesn't win every oscar, including documentary & short film, i'm gonna spaz. I can say without hyperbole that this movie is the defining moment in the history of the human race and lucas should be the ruler of the entire world. that is all"

laughing out loud

Soli Deo gloria

Old Post May 18th, 2005 12:42 AM
Click here to Send LightSaber_Part a Private Message Find more posts by LightSaber_Part Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hunchy

HAHAHA. How true.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 12:43 AM
Click here to Send hunchy a Private Message Find more posts by hunchy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slaughter

i get to see ROTS tomarrow at midnight and then may 19 afternoon to refresh my memory

Old Post May 18th, 2005 02:25 AM
Click here to Send Slaughter a Private Message Find more posts by Slaughter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zombieman
The Undead

Ok, I'm going to try to be objective here and tell you the good AND the bad.

There is no doubt that this is an awe inspiring film, the light sabre battles alone (definately the finest of the saga IMO) make it worth the watch. It was quick paced and will have you flowing with adrenaline from start to finish. Whether you a fan of the prequels or a die hard who swears by the originals, I'm in no doubt that you will be satisfied, there are plenty of references to tie in in nicely with 'A New Hope' and those who are perceptive will catch a quick glimpse of the Millenium Falcon.

Ok, now for the inevitable down points; the script at times was wooden and even apallingly cringeworthy in the love scenes between Anakin and Padme. Given that this was one of the prime criticisms of Ep2, I was expecting Mr Lucas to rectify the problem this time round, but sadly not. The only other criticism I can think of is that I found it difficult to become emotionally involved with the film; if George Lucas wanted me to feel sympathy towards Anakin and sorrow for the plight of the Jedi and the Republic, then he failed miserably; the movie is more of an adrenaline rush than anything else.

I won't end on a downer though, all in all this is the most exciting movie you are likely to see this year, the fans will LOVE it.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 02:30 AM
Click here to Send zombieman a Private Message Find more posts by zombieman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yodafan

Sounds great, I was hoping Lucas would have less cheesy lines between Padme and Anakin but oh well...

Old Post May 18th, 2005 03:09 AM
Click here to Send yodafan a Private Message Find more posts by yodafan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedifuk

Now Playing in my town, Medan,Indonesia

I saw one of my local newspaper, and it shown that ROTS will premiere tomorrow night (19 May).. I gonna so kill bill,....uppsss.. see it tmr...
MTFBWY...
must see it...

Old Post May 18th, 2005 05:07 AM
Click here to Send jedifuk a Private Message Find more posts by jedifuk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

What?

I am confused.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 05:10 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LightSaber_Part

what does MTFBWY mean?? confused

Soli Deo gloria

Old Post May 18th, 2005 05:13 AM
Click here to Send LightSaber_Part a Private Message Find more posts by LightSaber_Part Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Are you seeing ROTS or Kill Bill?

Old Post May 18th, 2005 05:14 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

do we need a thread for everyone who sees rots at their local cinema? roll eyes (sarcastic) or everyone who has seen it or is seeing it soon?

come on guys, enough of the spamming already.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 05:25 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Its this guys first and only post.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 05:26 AM
vicbooth9000

MTFBWY = May the Force be with you.

I thought that was well known.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 05:32 AM
Click here to Send vicbooth9000 a Private Message Find more posts by vicbooth9000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Err...yes...19th of May is when it is released nearly everywhere. How is this reason for a new thread? blink

Old Post May 18th, 2005 05:54 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LightSaber_Part

quote: (post)
Originally posted by vicbooth9000
MTFBWY = May the Force be with you.

I thought that was well known.

OHHHHHHHH, thanks wink

Soli Deo gloria

Old Post May 18th, 2005 05:55 AM
Mulletman262

Yeah, I go to the midnight showing. can't wait. I'm going to sleep now to spped up the time.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 06:56 AM
Click here to Send Mulletman262 a Private Message Find more posts by Mulletman262 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hunchy

Yeah, I definately think Episode 3 will be the best of the prequels by far. Isn't it kinda sad and weird tho to think this is the last one and then its over for the movies? I am anticipating this so much, but at the same time, it'll be weird afterwards. And now soon, after all this time speculating and discussing with fans, we'll finally get the fan reactions and thoughts and its over. No more speculating or rumors or nothing anymore... sad

Old Post May 18th, 2005 07:00 AM
Click here to Send hunchy a Private Message Find more posts by hunchy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Yeah your right hunchy, but unlike most movies that leave you waiting for what is next, I am sure most people will go home and find ANH already in their DVD players.

Unlike most movies this doesnt set up for something you have to wait for. Though I do see your point that SW is ending, but this will be the first SW movies where you see it and no it is finished. Even after ROTJ you always knew that episode IV thing in a ANH's scroll meant something.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 07:33 AM
bobafett81

Love Episode III opens in Singapore! (SPOILERS)

Remarkable scenes:

1) The Jedi Purge - Jedis across the Universe are killed by their Clone Commanders as they receive Order 66 from Palpatine via Hologram. The music is very tragic, and the camera movement is excellent. 2 scenes which I will never forget is how Ki Ad Mundi was gunned down by Snowtroopers. Another more horrifying scene is when Aayla Secura was gunned down. Worse is that those Clones continue to shoot her body after she died! sad sad

2) When Mace Windu was bring thrown out of the Chancellor's Office via Sith Lightning. You can see his skull as Palpatine unleashed the lightning on him. A great Jedi Master just die like that.... sad

3) Yoda feeling the pain when Mace Windu and the rest of the Jedi Masters were killed in Order 66.

4) Anakin screaming "I HATE YOU" at Obi-Wan as his body burns in the hot lava sand.

5) Padme dies while Anakin was transformed into Darth Vader. At the moment Padme dies, Anakin becomes Darth Vader.

6) Anakin killing the Jedi Padawans.

Hilarious scenes:

1) When Yoda uses the Force and force-push Palpatine back. Palpatine hits his own chair and the chair tumbles together with him.

2) The scene where Palpatine's face changes into the Dark Lord of the Sith is quite comical. The cinema was laughing when he keeps saying "I am an old man... spare me..."

3) R2-D2 trying to hide as Obi-Wan tries to "page" for R2-D2. he intercomm was too loud and it attracted the attention of 2 Super Battle Droids. R2 then sprayed black oil on them and set fire via his turbo generator.

Landmark Moments:

1) When the Darth Vader mask was lowered and Vader was completed, there was no sound. Everyone awaits Vader's breathing sound. And the 1st ever Vader breathing was heard.

2) As the scene moves to and fro from Anakin seating alone in the Jedi Council Room and Padme standing at the balcony looking at the Jedi Temple for afar. It was sunset and the music is very tragic too.

3) When Leia was brought to Alderaan and presented to the Queen of Alderaan. Leia's music brought a familiar feeling to the prequels.

4) Palpatine seducing Anakin into the Dark Side while at the Coruscant Theatre. His explanation was clear and convincing.... I was almost seduced by Palpatine too. His voice is very very intoxicating....

Old Post May 18th, 2005 03:10 PM
Click here to Send bobafett81 a Private Message Find more posts by bobafett81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Well, I just got back from the cinema. It is 3:04am. I have work to do in 4 hours. This is all I'll say...

I liked it. There were parts that were much better than I expected. But there were also parts that didn't live up to my expectations.

Easily the best of the prequels, but still not nearly as good as Empire...

Old Post May 18th, 2005 03:11 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bobafett81

Remarkable scenes:

1) The Jedi Purge - Jedis across the Universe are killed by their Clone Commanders as they receive Order 66 from Palpatine via Hologram. The music is very tragic, and the camera movement is excellent. 2 scenes which I will never forget is how Ki Ad Mundi was gunned down by Snowtroopers. Another more horrifying scene is when Aayla Secura was gunned down. Worse is that those Clones continue to shoot her body after she died! sad sad

2) When Mace Windu was bring thrown out of the Chancellor's Office via Sith Lightning. You can see his skull as Palpatine unleashed the lightning on him. A great Jedi Master just die like that.... sad

3) Yoda feeling the pain when Mace Windu and the rest of the Jedi Masters were killed in Order 66.

4) Anakin screaming "I HATE YOU" at Obi-Wan as his body burns in the hot lava sand.

5) Padme dies while Anakin was transformed into Darth Vader. At the moment Padme dies, Anakin becomes Darth Vader.

6) Anakin killing the Jedi Padawans.

Hilarious scenes:

1) When Yoda uses the Force and force-push Palpatine back. Palpatine hits his own chair and the chair tumbles together with him.

2) The scene where Palpatine's face changes into the Dark Lord of the Sith is quite comical. The cinema was laughing when he keeps saying "I am an old man... spare me..."

3) R2-D2 trying to hide as Obi-Wan tries to "page" for R2-D2. he intercomm was too loud and it attracted the attention of 2 Super Battle Droids. R2 then sprayed black oil on them and set fire via his turbo generator.

Landmark Moments:

1) When the Darth Vader mask was lowered and Vader was completed, there was no sound. Everyone awaits Vader's breathing sound. And the 1st ever Vader breathing was heard.

2) As the scene moves to and fro from Anakin seating alone in the Jedi Council Room and Padme standing at the balcony looking at the Jedi Temple for afar. It was sunset and the music is very tragic too.

3) When Leia was brought to Alderaan and presented to the Queen of Alderaan. Leia's music brought a familiar feeling to the prequels.

4) Palpatine seducing Anakin into the Dark Side while at the Coruscant Theatre. His explanation was clear and convincing.... I was almost seduced by Palpatine too. His voice is very very intoxicating....

Old Post May 18th, 2005 03:14 PM
Click here to Send bobafett81 a Private Message Find more posts by bobafett81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote