KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Official Episode 3 fan review page [Merged]

Official Episode 3 fan review page [Merged]
Started by: yodafan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kenobi2004

thanks man for the nice amazing information you told all of us in this piece....thanks for the typing.i can't wait anylonger to see the movie

Old Post May 18th, 2005 03:14 PM
Click here to Send kenobi2004 a Private Message Find more posts by kenobi2004 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sans_Fi
King of the Penguins

how about the "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" secuence?

Old Post May 18th, 2005 03:16 PM
Click here to Send Sans_Fi a Private Message Find more posts by Sans_Fi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bobafett81

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sans_Fi
how about the "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" secuence?

it was very nicely done!

When Palpatine told Vader "You killed her...", Vader broke off the operating table and the shackles which chained his arms were ripped off. He took his first step, lowered his body, then his fist tighten.

The medical droids exploded and he shouted Noooooooooooooo.... Palpatine grinned....

It wasn't corny at all.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 03:18 PM
Click here to Send bobafett81 a Private Message Find more posts by bobafett81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Count Doodoo
The Minimalist

I haven't seen it yet, but have seen the clips from the Trivial Pursuit game, Ep III Xbox game, Trailers, TV spots, etc. (I'll post again tomorrow after I've seen it) but here's what I think so far:

--Hayden seems to do a GREAT job acting in the intense scenes, but not so great in some of the normal dialogue scenes.

--R2-D2 seems to be a lot faster and more agile as a CGI character. I have no problem with that, except it doesn't blend in well with his slower movement in the other movies. The way that R2 exits the jedi fighters by jumping through the air seems a little odd and incongruous too.

--I was disappointed that General Grievous's voice wasn't as cool sounding as it was in the audio book. It was more accented, growly and some words were drawn out -- almost like Dexter Jettster. I don't think the coughing makes him any more real or interesting either.

--Some of the lines from the script seem to be aimed at being humorous at the expense of realism, such as battle droids saying things like:

"Don't move, dummy! Ouch -- zap this!"

or

"I have a bad feeling about this!"

--I'm sorry to see that there are more cheesily unrealistic love lines between Anakin and Padme such as (chosen at random from the screenplay):

"ANAKIN: ...every second I was thinking of you. Protecting the endless, nameless Outer Rim settlements became a torture...the battles were easy, the longing became unbearable...I've never been so happy as I am at this moment."

--The CGI battle footage over Coruscant and on Kashyyyk looks really good. (The CGI characters do too, from what little I've seen. In AOTC there were a couple of scenes where the colors on the CGI characters didn't look right, like too saturated or something)

That's all for now. I'll write more tomorrow after I've seen it.

Kenobi leaned back against the rock wall and tugged thoughtfully at his beard, puffing
slowly on a water pipe of free-form tarnished chrome.

--Star Wars novelization, p. 63

Last edited by Count Doodoo on May 18th, 2005 at 03:38 PM

Old Post May 18th, 2005 03:35 PM
Click here to Send Count Doodoo a Private Message Find more posts by Count Doodoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

it is kinda corny... but not overly.

it doesn't interupt the mood too much.

for me anyway wink

Old Post May 18th, 2005 03:36 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

does anakin cut off maces hand(s)

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post May 18th, 2005 03:40 PM
Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

yes, just the one though, I think.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 03:40 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bobafett81

Originally posted by The Ones
does anakin cut off maces hand(s)

Yes, after much hesitation

Old Post May 18th, 2005 03:41 PM
Click here to Send bobafett81 a Private Message Find more posts by bobafett81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin2Vader

Re: Episode III opens in Singapore! (SPOILERS)

Originally posted by bobafett81
Remarkable scenes:

Another more horrifying scene is when Aayla Secura was gunned down. Worse is that those Clones continue to shoot her body after she died!

damn... i thought amy allen said she didnt die.... guess her live action show hopes are gone

Old Post May 18th, 2005 03:42 PM
Click here to Send Anakin2Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin2Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bobafett81

The whole sequence where the Jedis were purged across the Galaxy as Order 66 reached all across the Galaxy had no dialogue.

Only sounds of blasters from the clones and the beginning portion of the score Track 4: Anakin's Betrayal.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 03:42 PM
The Ones
Death Eater

does ani cut of maces hands or arms?

Old Post May 18th, 2005 03:49 PM
Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

hand

Old Post May 18th, 2005 03:51 PM
Naredhel
General

What music is played when the younglings are killed? Please tell me it's from 2:15 onwards on Track 10 - Anakin's Dark Deeds

Old Post May 18th, 2005 04:00 PM
Click here to Send Naredhel a Private Message Find more posts by Naredhel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

how does yoda loose in the sid v yoda fight?

Last edited by The Ones on May 18th, 2005 at 04:16 PM

Old Post May 18th, 2005 04:04 PM
bobafett81

Originally posted by Naredhel
What music is played when the younglings are killed? Please tell me it's from 2:15 onwards on Track 10 - Anakin's Dark Deeds

The music where the younglings were killed was not in the OST. But is very soft, couldn't hear properly.

They never show the younglings being killed.

When Anakin entered the Jedi Council Room, the younglings came out from behind the council chairs. They were hiding from the Clones. One of the younglings told Anakin "We are afraid..."

Anakin stared at them, and lighted his lightsaber. Then the scene changed.....

It was a implied scene.

Last edited by bobafett81 on May 18th, 2005 at 04:31 PM

Old Post May 18th, 2005 04:24 PM
bobafett81

Originally posted by The Ones
how does yoda loose in the sid v yoda fight?

Yoda fell down from the Pod and hit the ground. Sidious also fell down, but managed to hang on to the railings of the Pod and slowly climbed up.

Yoda's Jedi Coat was left hanging on this metal pod on the ground.

Then Yoda stood up, and quickly ran into one of the tunnels. As he slowly crawl through the tunnel, he paged for Bail Organa. Bail received the signal and flew to the Senate Building, where Yoda pushed open the tunnel opening (kindda like Empire Strikes Back when Luke fell through the Bespin tunnels, but only here, Yoda was the one pushing the tunnel to open). Yoda jumped into the seat beside Bail Organa.

Then he said "Failed I have..."

Meanwhile, Palpatine and Mas Amedda hear the Shock Troopers (Clones with red markings) who were all standing in one of the floating pod that they could not locate Yoda. Palpatine instructed them to continue searching. Then he asked Mas Amedda to prepare a shuttle for him to Mustafar as he sense Lord Vader is in danger.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 04:30 PM
bobafett81

Regarding the Jedi Purge scene,

it started on Utapau, where Commander Cody received the signal Order 66 from Palpatine. The clones used a long range cannon and fired at Obi-Wan and his lizard like dragon, where both of them fell into a hole full of water. Obi-Wan survived because he fell into the pool and swam to safety. The it moved to a snow planet. The scene starts from the top view, as the clones and Ki-Adi-Mundi were walking on a bridge. Sidious holo appears again on the wrist of the Clone, and they uttered "General....". Ki-Ad-Mundi turned and he was shot. He deflected the 1st few shots with his saber, but the clones kept advancing and shot him repeatedly.

Next the scene moved to this fungus planet. Aayla Secura stopped advancing as she sense something was wrong. The clones raised their blasters and shot her. She fell to the ground. The camera looked down in the body of Aayla as she fell down, and the clones continue to shoot her body. A big stone blocked the view of her body from the audience, but we could see the clones firing repeatedly on her body.

Next Adi Gallia was on a speeder bike with 2 scoutroopers. They received the signals and moved behind Adi Gallia's speeder. they shoot her speeder and she crashed into a rock and exploded.

Plo Koon was flying on his Jedi Starship when the 2 ARC Fighters behind him received the Order 66 from Palaptine's hologram. They fired at Plo Koon's ship. You see the back of Pol Koon exploded and he shot forward. The ship smashed into a building and exploded.

Lastly, back on Kashyeek, Yoda had chest pain and clinged onto the wall as he felt a disturbance in the force. 2 Green coloured troopers received the Order 66 and walked to the back of Yoda, but Yoda turned and chopped off their heads.

Chewbacca and tartful led Yoda out of the Command Centre. Yoda then jumped onto Chewbacca's back and rode him (Just like how Luke carried Yoda back on Dagobah during his trainings)

Old Post May 18th, 2005 04:44 PM
bobafett81

Another memorable scene was towards the end, when you see Imperial Officers all decked out in their Grey Imperial Uniforms manning the Star Destroyers.

Damn nostalgic....

Old Post May 18th, 2005 04:51 PM
darthvinss

OK, I just saw it here in france at 00.05 AM, that was really impressive, more than I thought, but I think that there are so much details in every images that I would be very sure of what i think after a 2nd and 3rd seeing...
I must say there are something wrong in the rythm, there are too much differents scenes, but maybe its because I only see it 1 time and its so powerfull in the image that my eyes got to be used to it...
another thing : where is Qui Gon's voice Mr Lucas ?? I was waiting for that !! :'(
May the force be with you all !!

Old Post May 18th, 2005 04:54 PM
Click here to Send darthvinss a Private Message Find more posts by darthvinss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

WOW. THANKS!

Old Post May 18th, 2005 04:55 PM