KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Nintendo Revolution

Nintendo Revolution
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dAngEr_Is_gO!
Celebrity Assassin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Iwata-san talked about it during the press conference this morning. You should be able to get video of the conference on IGN or Gamespot. Or it'll most likely be on G4 later tonight.

Anyway, he said that via the Revolution's built-in wi-fi capabilities (yay!) players will be able to download games from the N64, SNES, and NES. He also said that Nintendo is contemplating making the downloads for their library of first party games free, meaning you can get all the old nintendo-produced favorites like Mario, Metroid, and Zelda for just buying the console.

I've been doing this for ages with emulators on my PC. The novelty wears off VERY quickly. They are good to go back to on the odd occasion though.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 12:33 AM
dAngEr_Is_gO! is currently offline Click here to Send dAngEr_Is_gO! a Private Message Find more posts by dAngEr_Is_gO! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

YAY! It's a... um... black box. confused

Old Post May 18th, 2005 01:24 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by dAngEr_Is_gO!
I've been doing this for ages with emulators on my PC. The novelty wears off VERY quickly. They are good to go back to on the odd occasion though.

But you see, the amazing thing here is that getting all those games through the Revolution is actually LEGAL.

Scary thought, isn't it? stick out tongue

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 01:35 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TX!
judgement day will come!

yea but thats cool i think that you'll be able to go back to the golden days where you had super mario brothers and the original zelda

Old Post May 18th, 2005 01:39 AM
TX! is currently offline Click here to Send TX! a Private Message Find more posts by TX! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dAngEr_Is_gO!
Celebrity Assassin

Originally posted by General Kaliero
But you see, the amazing thing here is that getting all those games through the Revolution is actually LEGAL.

Scary thought, isn't it? stick out tongue

It's funny I never even thought about that. That's what happens when you start down the path of the common criminal stick out tongue

Old Post May 18th, 2005 01:49 AM
dAngEr_Is_gO! is currently offline Click here to Send dAngEr_Is_gO! a Private Message Find more posts by dAngEr_Is_gO! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TX!
judgement day will come!

lol guess so

Old Post May 18th, 2005 01:53 AM
TX! is currently offline Click here to Send TX! a Private Message Find more posts by TX! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

The other thing this makes me wonder is if Nintendo might start translating some of their older games that never got over here.

Just imagine... The entire Fire Emblem series... and Tales of Phantasia properly translated! *drools*

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 01:57 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TX!
judgement day will come!

probally will

Old Post May 18th, 2005 02:06 AM
Tex
Yumsz

Are they going to show any actual graphics during E3? I dont think they have any.

Should've just sat out this year. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 18th, 2005 05:53 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Tex
Are they going to show any actual graphics during E3? I dont think they have any.

Should've just sat out this year. roll eyes (sarcastic)

True...

No graphics were shown at all. Hell, the X-Box 360 has playable demos.

Nintendo doesn't have many fans at E3 this year I am told, they didn't impress.

The console looks like a PS2 in a way. erm

Old Post May 18th, 2005 05:58 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Of course Xbox 360 has playable demo's. Its coming out in about 4-5 months while Nintendo's is 2006.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 06:39 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

well I think its interesting for nintendo to stick to their guns and not try to be like "Oh mah god, my system is better than yourz n shit... *shows graph* omg.. yeah.. we own sony and microsoft according to 'our' charts..." (sound familiar?.. check the ps3 conference vid roll eyes (sarcastic) )

I am however expecting something impressive when they 'do' have the time for a new console.. (I have heard that the revolution is merely a prototype)

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post May 18th, 2005 07:33 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
(I have heard that the revolution is merely a prototype)

They're ALL prototypes at E3 right now.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 12:28 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
True...

No graphics were shown at all. Hell, the X-Box 360 has playable demos.

Nintendo doesn't have many fans at E3 this year I am told, they didn't impress.

The console looks like a PS2 in a way. erm

Your just a straight up hater aren't you? First you hate Zelda:Twilight Princess, which is ridiculous unless your a complete moron, or a Final Fantasy fanboy. Now your out to say Nintendo didn't impress at E3, and how does Revolution look like a Ps2, when it's so f***in small, and has 6 different colors for the Prototype?

Old Post May 18th, 2005 12:30 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dante Vlada
Living My Last Days

I am so getting this and a ps3

Old Post May 18th, 2005 12:44 PM
Dante Vlada is currently offline Click here to Send Dante Vlada a Private Message Find more posts by Dante Vlada Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's an interesting idea that Nintendo is aiming for the second place console title while MS and Sony are budding heads.
Its pretty obvious that Nintendo's console will be much cheaper than the other two.
They're is no way that they can compete with the other two in top spot unless the other systems are complete shit.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 05:22 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

They wouldn't have to worry about getting second place if they would just put their all into the system. Looking at it, I can see they could have made it much better. It doesn't seem as powerful as it could be.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 06:27 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zen2nd
Veridis Quo

I very much doubt that you will be able to download the games for free.

quote:
XBox360 doesn't stand a chance.

Thats a very fanboyish quote you have just said

Old Post May 18th, 2005 06:33 PM
Zen2nd is currently offline Click here to Send Zen2nd a Private Message Find more posts by Zen2nd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Yes, that quote is terrible.

PS3 and X-Box 360 both look awesome. I can't wait.

I think I'll pass on the NR though.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 06:51 PM
Dante Vlada
Living My Last Days

Mario? Zelda? Metroid? (although I hate pokemon) even Pokemon will sell NR.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 06:55 PM
Dante Vlada is currently offline Click here to Send Dante Vlada a Private Message Find more posts by Dante Vlada Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote