KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Nintendo Revolution

Nintendo Revolution
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LanceWindu

I wasn't impressed with Mario Sunshine, I love the older ones, even Mario 64, but the series is getting old and boring.

Zelda is great, but like I said in another thread, the new ones don't impress me either.

Metroid, never played it.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 07:10 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

I think at this point, Nintendo knows that they can't compete with the PS3 this cycle. However, they have to give something to the people who spent a lotta money to come see them.

Nintendo has always been about giving the gamers good games for less money. But they are always overcautious about trying new things, and I really think that's hurt them recently with the GC and now with the Revolution. They were hesitant to try internet, and now that it obviously works, they're getting in a bit late. Now they don't have the best graphics they could (or else they'd have shown more than one demo for it) and I really think they'll fail compared to the PS3.

The only draw I've seen so far that makes me want a Revolution is the download library of past Nintendo games. That and the fact that Zelda and Metroid will always be worth buying.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 07:59 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dante Vlada
Living My Last Days

quote: (post)
Originally posted by General Kaliero
I think at this point, Nintendo knows that they can't compete with the PS3 this cycle. However, they have to give something to the people who spent a lotta money to come see them.

Nintendo has always been about giving the gamers good games for less money. But they are always overcautious about trying new things, and I really think that's hurt them recently with the GC and now with the Revolution. They were hesitant to try internet, and now that it obviously works, they're getting in a bit late. Now they don't have the best graphics they could (or else they'd have shown more than one demo for it) and I really think they'll fail compared to the PS3.

The only draw I've seen so far that makes me want a Revolution is the download library of past Nintendo games. That and the fact that Zelda and Metroid will always be worth buying.

I agree

Old Post May 18th, 2005 08:02 PM
Dante Vlada is currently offline Click here to Send Dante Vlada a Private Message Find more posts by Dante Vlada Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by JToTheP
They're ALL prototypes at E3 right now.

k.. put it this way... microsoft n sony had demos because their systems are finalized..demos were created with the finished and boxed chipset.. maybe a few tweaks will occur (socket placement, power inputs etc) but overall their system is done.. nintendo's however may still require huge reworking.. thats what I mean by prototype

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post May 18th, 2005 09:06 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
k.. put it this way... microsoft n sony had demos because their systems are finalized..demos were created with the finished and boxed chipset.. maybe a few tweaks will occur (socket placement, power inputs etc) but overall their system is done.. nintendo's however may still require huge reworking.. thats what I mean by prototype

I doubt Nintendo's will require huge reworking, there could be plenty of reasons why they didn't have demos to show, who knows. Nintendo may even be the last console out, and could throw out demos at the next E3 for all we know.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 11:08 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

Wrong, all the devs. and Microsoft execs. said that the games shown for the 360 were only running on Alpha kits at 30 percent of the full capability of the system.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 11:48 PM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

being able to play every game from every nintendo system is cool and would convince a purchase from me, as long as the price tag is 200$. Nintendo asking anymore than $200 would be very un reasonable.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 11:55 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AdventChild
The Oringinal AdventChild

I'm a final fantasy fan boy wats wrong with that!? lol and i never really played any zelda games... maybe i should try them since everyone likes them so much...

Old Post May 18th, 2005 11:58 PM
AdventChild is currently offline Click here to Send AdventChild a Private Message Find more posts by AdventChild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Originally posted by cal31
Wrong, all the devs. and Microsoft execs. said that the games shown for the 360 were only running on Alpha kits at 30 percent of the full capability of the system.

I would hope so, since Full Auto looks EXACTLY like an XBox game.

Old Post May 19th, 2005 02:01 AM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

lmao.. yeah.. they're gonna get 100% within the year.. /laugh /sarcasm...

30% is total horseshit.. they were most likely running at 70 to 80%
but again.. you're one of those bite the bait types... "Oh just cuz the devs said so!" ... BS... smile

Old Post May 19th, 2005 02:26 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

lmao.. yeah.. they're gonna get 100% within the year.. /laugh /sarcasm...

30% is total horseshit.. they were most likely running at 70 to 80%
but again.. you're one of those bite the bait types... "Oh just cuz the devs said so!" ... BS... smile
If you would actually know your facts, you would know then that the same thing happened with the first Halo in 2001 at E3, where the game ran horribly and looked like crap during E3 because it was running on a early kit, but it obviously turned out ok. Don't go running off at the mouth before you get your facts straight.

Last edited by cal31 on May 19th, 2005 at 02:50 AM

Old Post May 19th, 2005 02:47 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

If you would actually know your facts, you would know then that the same thing happened with the first Halo in 2001 at E3, where the game ran horribly and looked like crap during E3 because it was running on a early kit, but it obviously turned out ok. Don't go running off at the mouth before you get your facts straight.
its E3.. there are no 'facts'.. there is information you are 'allowed' to know.. those are two different things.. so I would expect you not to run 'your' mouth.. they're just conducting business.. they dont need your advocation

Old Post May 19th, 2005 02:57 AM
cal31
Let's Win Twins

its E3.. there are no 'facts'.. there is information you are 'allowed' to know.. those are two different things.. so I would expect you not to run 'your' mouth.. they're just conducting business.. they dont need your advocation
So if there are no "facts", why the hell are you jumping to conclusions that the 360 games will look just as they do now and criticising things that are even the final product? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 19th, 2005 03:17 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

70 to 80% is obviously a far cry from 100%.. so you're already making a silly jab for no reason.. if you have your opinion thats fine.. forums are for discussion.. if you feel you're totally filled in and get personal emails from all the companies about all their secret plans.. congratulations!.. but for the rest of us on earth.. well Im sure its healthier to be skeptical

Old Post May 19th, 2005 03:29 AM
Zen2nd
Veridis Quo

quote:
I'm a final fantasy fan boy wats wrong with that!?

You'll be glad to hear a reworked version of 11is being made for the Xbox360 and 12 will also being coming out on it too

Old Post May 19th, 2005 03:26 PM
Zen2nd is currently offline Click here to Send Zen2nd a Private Message Find more posts by Zen2nd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

lol.. from that trailer I saw the graphics were identical to PC.. (which uses low end ps2 textures)... but hopefully square wont be lazy and forgo the revamping of ffxi

Old Post May 19th, 2005 09:21 PM
AdventChild
The Oringinal AdventChild

Originally posted by Zen2nd
You'll be glad to hear a reworked version of 11is being made for the Xbox360 and 12 will also being coming out on it too

THAT REALLY MADE MY DAY.... And when i meant fanboy i meant fangirl..... I'm a chick... My brother used to use this name but found another forum he likes so yea!! i'm goin to change everything! FF: RULES!
big grin Happy Dance

Old Post May 19th, 2005 10:49 PM
AdventChild is currently offline Click here to Send AdventChild a Private Message Find more posts by AdventChild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I wanna see the revolution controller erm

Old Post May 20th, 2005 08:16 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

It damn well better not be a touchpad. But I think Nintendo knows they would lose people if they did that.

Maybe a throwback to the old NES controllers? stick out tongue

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 08:17 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZomBiE_HunTER
To Serve

We going to see or hear anything until the end of the year. sad sad

Old Post May 20th, 2005 10:14 PM
ZomBiE_HunTER is currently offline Click here to Send ZomBiE_HunTER a Private Message Find more posts by ZomBiE_HunTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote