KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Is Plagueis or Sidious anakin's father !

Is Plagueis or Sidious anakin's father !
Started by: Van Hoe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

Okay, excuse me then. I mean, girl.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2009 03:11 AM
Click here to Send Anakin_the_Hutt a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin_the_Hutt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

Look, despite your opinion - it's established that it was left ambiguous on purpose. It not something fanboys made up to destroy the saga.

Personally, I think that the fact that the EU (Guide Books, ect.) are establishing the Plagueis/Palpatine conception as canon - and Lucas isn't saying no, leads me to believe that GL is okay with it.

Now, it may not be the official movie canon - but it is the answer the EU is giving. The movie canon was intentionally left ambiguous.

Just like that whole Sifo-Dyas thing. Not explained in the films but if you want the full story read the EU. It's the same with Palpatine's claim. Want the full story? Read the EU.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2009 04:23 AM
Click here to Send Anakin_the_Hutt a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin_the_Hutt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Anakin The Hutt, your annoying

Old Post Jan 14th, 2009 04:26 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

It's just a forum, pal. Breathe deep.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2009 04:34 AM
queeq
Chaos

quote: (post)
Originally posted by sweersa
Gotta love our good ol' Rick.

No.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2009 07:29 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Originally posted by Anakin_the_Hutt

Personally, I think that the fact that the EU (Guide Books, ect.) are establishing the Plagueis/Palpatine conception as canon - and Lucas isn't saying no, leads me to believe that GL is okay with it.

It is hard to say if GL even knows about it. He isn't really concerned with a lot of the contact in the EU. All he likes is seeing the profits from it, whether it is "real" to him or not makes little difference.

Originally posted by queeq
No.

Yes! Hahaha. Rick is a stud.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2009 11:50 AM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

You really believe George Lucas has no idea that Star Wars EU is stating that Plagueis or Sidious had a hand in creating Anakin?

I know he doesn't read every comic issue or sit and read through every guide - but major revelations or in certain events (Death of Chewbacca, Birth of the Rebellion - Force Unleashed, Shadows of the Empire) his approval and opinion is seeked. He gets the final word on what can and cannot be discussed in EU...that's the way he has it set up.

I would assume that the revelation of the full true origin of the central character of his saga would have come across his desk. I think he would have said, "Hell no" if he thought it would contradict his intent.

I don't understand what makes you think he doesn't care about EU? I know he's disregarded established canon - I'm not saying he's a purist - but I'm sure that topic came across his desk.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2009 07:24 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

Originally posted by sweersa

Fans always misinterpret the movies and the motives of the genius creators of Star Wars.

This is exactly right and I never have and never will consider anything EU even close to canon. Also where in the movie does it say Anakin was created by anything other than the Force? You must have watched a different movie.

And sweersa had it half right, I am awesome eek! but Im no girl, I am a woman. laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 14th, 2009 07:27 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

No one is saying EU is canon - I'm just pointing out that's the way EU is going unimpeded.

The issue isn't that Anakin was created by something other than the Force.

Qui-Gon said it's possible Anakin was conceived by the midi-chlorians.

Palpatine said Plagueis could influence the midi-chlorians to create life. (and adds an eerie glance at Anakin)

Those are the only statements given in the movies regarding creating life from nothing. I don't think there's doubt Anakin was created by the Force (midi-chlorians).

The debate is whether or not Palpatine was lying and the apparent ramifications for fans and the saga if he was telling the truth.

The power he promised Anakin was the power to cheat death, a power he later admitted that only one had achieved...but that's a different issue.

It does shows he was a lair - he lied to Anakin while he was being electrocuted - "I have the power to save the one you love!" But NOTHING indicates he was lying about what Plagueis could do...the only proven lie is what he HIMSELF claimed had the power to do.

Last edited by Anakin_the_Hutt on Jan 14th, 2009 at 08:07 PM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2009 07:56 PM
sweersa

Originally posted by ~JP~
This is exactly right and I never have and never will consider anything EU even close to canon. Also where in the movie does it say Anakin was created by anything other than the Force? You must have watched a different movie.

And sweersa had it half right, I am awesome eek! but Im no girl, I am a woman. laughing out loud

lol I am young so I say girl mostly.

As for Anakin, we really don't know for sure, I guess someone will have the run the thought by GL.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2009 09:29 PM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

You bet. I can vouch for that. wink

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 03:03 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

I love women! stick out tongue

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 05:58 PM
Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Tongue

So can the video I have right here.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 06:48 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

Speaking of....I sent you a present. Check your pm's. eek!

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 09:00 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

dirty girl...hehe

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 07:14 AM
Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

*opens present*

Oh yeah.... very dirty girl... wink

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 07:47 AM
Jack Daniels
WOW!

hehe figured

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 07:51 AM
queeq
Chaos

You have no idea.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 07:52 AM
Jack Daniels
WOW!

now Im curious...lol..jus kiddin queeq dont ban me I know she is yours..lol

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 07:56 AM
sweersa

When do I get a present?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 03:25 PM