KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Implied affair between Obi Wan and Padme?

Implied affair between Obi Wan and Padme?
Started by: Thumbilina

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
thejeditraitor
An Original

hell no!

there is nothing to indicate this and it isn't part of the "betrayal".

CHECK OUT MY SITE! for all your star wars ep 3 pics and more!
http://home.att.net/~jcshetler/index.html

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 07:39 PM
Click here to Send thejeditraitor a Private Message Find more posts by thejeditraitor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

No... I never said I thought Obi and Padme had a relationship. That was very clear in the movie that they were just good friends. I'm saying that Anakin may have believed in his twisted mind that they (Obi-Wan and Padme) had a romantic involvement with each other. For all we know, Palpatine may have raised some doubts in his mind (because that would be the evil thing to do and perfect way to turn two friends against each other). Just my two cents. big grin wink rolling on floor laughing

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 07:40 PM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thejeditraitor
An Original

no.
anakin is worried about obi turning her against him not sleeping w/ her.

CHECK OUT MY SITE! for all your star wars ep 3 pics and more!
http://home.att.net/~jcshetler/index.html

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 07:43 PM
Click here to Send thejeditraitor a Private Message Find more posts by thejeditraitor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by thejeditraitor
no.
anakin is worried about obi turning her against him not sleeping w/ her.

I think it was both. Anakin became paranoid about everything and everyone.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 07:44 PM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LightSaber_Part

Originally posted by DarkYoda
No... I never said I thought Obi and Padme had a relationship. That was very clear in the movie that they were just good friends. I'm saying that Anakin may have believed in his twisted mind that they (Obi-Wan and Padme) had a romantic involvement with each other. For all we know, Palpatine may have raised some doubts in his mind (because that would be the evil thing to do and perfect way to turn two friends against each other). Just my two cents. big grin wink rolling on floor laughing

oh, ok smile

Soli Deo gloria

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 08:10 PM
Click here to Send LightSaber_Part a Private Message Find more posts by LightSaber_Part Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediMasterRetro

YEa comoom dakr side problem ....... Paronoira

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 08:10 PM
Click here to Send JediMasterRetro a Private Message Find more posts by JediMasterRetro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LightSaber_Part

Originally posted by JediMasterRetro
YEa comoom dakr side problem ....... Paronoira

laughing out loud

Soli Deo gloria

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 08:11 PM
Click here to Send LightSaber_Part a Private Message Find more posts by LightSaber_Part Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

In the book Palpatine put ideas in Anakin's head, saying that Obi had been meeting with a certain senator.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 08:14 PM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aldaron

I think Palpy was putting that idea into his head. Or that he was so messed up, instread of choking Obi-wan for bringing Padme somewhere dangerous he choked Padme out of confusion Even with the script.

Oooo, is there ye gold behind this link?

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 10:14 PM
Click here to Send Aldaron a Private Message Find more posts by Aldaron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Originally posted by mephistodesigns
wow, sometimes I just don't understand how people can all watch the same movie and then come up with crap like this.

Actually in the screenplay an affair is implied. The 'Making of' book speaks of it as well.

Well it's not really implied...it's all a part of Palpatine's plan to turn Anakin:

PALPATINE: There are rumors in the Senate anout Master Kenobi. Many believe he is not fit for this assignment.
ANAKIN: Not fit? Why would anyone think that?
PALPATINE: They say his mind has become fogged by the influence of a certain female Senator.
ANAKIN: That's ridiculous. Who?!?
PALPATINE: (slyly) No one knows who she is... only that she is a Senator.
ANAKIN: That's impossible. I would know.
PALPATINE: Sometimes the closest are the ones who cannot see.
ANAKIN becomes worried.
PALPATINE: Idle Senate gossip is rarely true and never accurate. I'm sure your Master wil do fine.

This explains why Anakin later asks Padme if Obi Wan was at her apartment.

I believe this is at least part of the reason behind his actions during the Mustufar confrontation...

Old Post May 30th, 2005 09:41 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

perhaps it was cut to avoid people making the mistake of thinking it real

John 3:16 ^Thanks Ast Rofan^

Old Post May 30th, 2005 09:47 AM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Probably. It is an unneccessary plot point either way.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 10:05 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

I actually like the idea of Anakin suspecting an affair... it gives him more motivation for choking Padme which I always thought was needed. And also gives meaning to the line "LIAR! You were with him!"

Old Post May 31st, 2005 10:17 AM
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

That is true, but at the same time the idea presented in the film works too: he thinks Padme has betrayed him to Obi-Wan and that she has brought him there to capture/kill him, so he chokes her out of anger over that.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 10:24 AM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Yeah, I guess it does work... though, to be honest, both times I saw the film it felt a bit weak... like there wasn't quite enough reason for him to want to do that. But I guess it does work without the affair bit.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 10:28 AM
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

You are correct it would be better with it though.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 10:31 AM
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Though, having said that... it would have taken time to establish Anakin's suspicions and Palpatine's manipulations of them. It would have made the middle of the film drag I think.

Good DVD bonus material though.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 10:33 AM
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

Which is one reason I believe the PT is not as popular.... while there was plenty of storytelling in the OT, it had very much fewer storytelling scenes than the PT, which has lot's of dialogue and thick plots. The OT told a story while all the while the characters were blowing stuff up or fighting or whatever, whereas the PT was very segmented: Plot/Action/Action/Plot/Plot/Plot/Plot/Action/Plot/Action/Action etc.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 10:36 AM
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

That is very true and a very good point. And part of the reason I can't watch Episode II. Or actually maybe what makes it easier to watch it. Becuase in Clones the love scenes are just that: love scenes. And they're not easy to watch. The good thing is that I can skip through those scenes and not miss out on anything else.

Something else that annoys me: Lucas always says that he is not a great script writer. But that he writes these films himself becuase he says they don't rely on dialogue. But the way he sets up the film, as you said, does indeed rely quite a bit on dialogue. I really don't think he understands the balance needed between visuals, sounds and yes, dialogue. Fortunately though in Episode III Palpatine is the only one who has dialogue-heavy scene and really relies on dialogue... becuase most of his dialogue is good and delivered well.

Last edited by DeVi| D0do on May 31st, 2005 at 10:44 AM

Old Post May 31st, 2005 10:39 AM
cad
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Implied affair between Obi Wan and Padme?

Originally posted by Thumbilina
Hiya!! I just wanted to ask if anyone else thought that there was an implied affair between Obi Wan and Padme? When Padme's ship lands and Anakin sees Obi Wan on the deck his comments made me think that this was the real reason he was so angry with both Padme and Obi. Also, earlier in the movie when Ani asks Padme if Obi had been there with a snarl on his face. Anyone else pick up on this?? Thanks!

i totaly diagree with that. stick out tongue

Old Post May 31st, 2005 11:58 AM
Click here to Send cad a Private Message Find more posts by cad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote