KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Robocop Vs Terminator

Robocop Vs Terminator
Started by: TheFilmProphet

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Konjammenson

Neither did I.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 09:53 AM
Konjammenson is currently offline Click here to Send Konjammenson a Private Message Find more posts by Konjammenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Benhacker
Terminator Future Prophet

quote: (post)
Originally posted by vvvrulz
I didn't even know they had comics...

There are a total of 4 Robocop vs Terminator comic books, I've got all 4 of them. I've also got most the Dark Horse Terminator graphic novels.

Here's the list of Terminator graphic novels I have :

Terminator : Tempest (a total of 4 comics put into one graphic novel)

Terminator: Secondary Objectives (a total of 4 comics put into one graphic novel)

Terminator: The Dark Years (a total of 4 comics put into one graphic novel)

Terminator: The Enemy Within (a total of 4 comics put into one graphic novel)

Terminator: Endgame (a total of 3 comics put into one graphic novel)

Terminator: Hunters and Killers (a total of 3 comics put into one graphic novel)

Benhacker cool

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 07:21 PM
Benhacker is currently offline Click here to Send Benhacker a Private Message Find more posts by Benhacker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Yeah as mentioned above, good guy armor. If this was ever a movie, Robocop would win, although logically he doesn't have a shot.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 08:44 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

lol Good guy armour, its what kept saving the T-800/850.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 12:59 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chriscaffee

I think in T2 it was actually the grenade launcher, his back-up battery and the fact that he actually wasn't the target. The T1000 didn't care whether Terminator functioned or was dismantled so much as whether or not he could kill John Connor or not.

In Terminator 3 when the T850 had to go up against plasma cannons, then yes, he had some serious good guy armor.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 01:18 AM
chriscaffee is currently offline Click here to Send chriscaffee a Private Message Find more posts by chriscaffee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Not to mention when the TX kicked off his head.. and decided to let him live. Bit of a dumb move if you ask me, a terminator is a terminator, not a 'reprogrammer'.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 03:28 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ROBOCOP

ARGHHHHH!

ROBOCOP WOULD TAKE TERMINATOR DOWN IN A SECOND

**** THE T 850
**** THE T-1000
**** THE T-2000
AND **** THE T-3000

and aliens own predators

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 05:24 AM
ROBOCOP is currently offline Click here to Send ROBOCOP a Private Message Find more posts by ROBOCOP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chriscaffee

Robocop's Berretta 93R would do absolutely nothing against the Terminator and he is much too slow to achieve victory in a melee fight.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 08:38 AM
chriscaffee is currently offline Click here to Send chriscaffee a Private Message Find more posts by chriscaffee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tomstar_uk2002

Everyone is obssessed that Robocop has to face Terminator.. Why not throw the T1000 and the chicken walker robot with Kane's brain in it back into the mix so they have to work together to defeat Skynet and some other corporation... The story could be based on how skynet managed to find a way to jump dimensions as well as time to try and secure its survival... At least that would add some good twist apart from Robo and Terminator just bashing the bolts out of each other (literally)

Old Post Sep 5th, 2005 04:33 PM
Tomstar_uk2002 is currently offline Click here to Send Tomstar_uk2002 a Private Message Find more posts by Tomstar_uk2002 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konjammenson

Originally posted by vvvrulz
Not to mention when the TX kicked off his head.. and decided to let him live. Bit of a dumb move if you ask me, a terminator is a terminator, not a 'reprogrammer'.

Technically the T-X didn't let the Terminator live because it's not actually a living thing. The T-101 and the T-X both come equipped with detailed files on human anatomy to make them more efficient killers of humans. The T-X was probably not viewing the Terminator as a human and saw it only necessary to eradicate an immediate threat. When attacking a human the Terminators are programmed to kill all the way and do so effectively.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2005 01:47 AM
Konjammenson is currently offline Click here to Send Konjammenson a Private Message Find more posts by Konjammenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Boondock Saint

I agree that RoboCop's Auto-9 would do nothing against a T-800 (or any other Terminator). This is why the movie would have to actually utilize storyline and plot (something that movies rarely do these days) as opposed to relying purely on the action. I'm not saying there shouldn't be any, but it definately shouldn't be two hours of Robo and Termi knocking each other around.

Although, if it did come down to a fist/firefight between the two, you have to take into account the resources at both of their disposals. For example, the T-800 may be stronger or quicker, but RoboCop has things like the Cobra Assault Cannon at his disposal, not to mention the E-209s. After all, a T-800 can be pretty much dismantled by simple homemade explosives (ala Reese's plastique), so a Cobra round would blow the thing to Kingdom Come.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 06:41 PM
Boondock Saint is currently offline Click here to Send Boondock Saint a Private Message Find more posts by Boondock Saint Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chriscaffee

Yes but the Terminator has a knack for getting heavy weapons such as the RPG-7 in Terminator 3 or the M134 Minigun in Terminator 2.

By the way, welcome to the forum, Boondock, it doesn't update much, but it's a pretty cool place to hang out.l

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 04:53 AM
Boondock Saint

Thanks. I like it so far.

But remember, the Terminator only got those weapons because of special situations. In T2 he got the weapons from Enrique's bunker and in T3 he got them from Sarah's "specially made" grave.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 08:33 PM
Boondock Saint is currently offline Click here to Send Boondock Saint a Private Message Find more posts by Boondock Saint Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Benhacker
Terminator Future Prophet

Originally posted by Boondock Saint
Thanks. I like it so far.

But remember, the Terminator only got those weapons because of special situations. In T2 he got the weapons from Enrique's bunker and in T3 he got them from Sarah's "specially made" grave.

The Terminator could break into a armory(like those people did in Robocop 3) and take what the T-800 needs. Or like in the comic "Robcop Vs. Terminator" it could break into the police armory and get the weapons from there.

Benhacker cool

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 08:57 PM
Benhacker is currently offline Click here to Send Benhacker a Private Message Find more posts by Benhacker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Boondock Saint

Ah, true. Well then, it seems that the success of the movie would have to rely on its storyline of how the two universes will mesh.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 05:27 PM
Mad Marco

No, no, no, you've got it all wrong. Boondock Saint is right. Terminator got those weapons at his disposal, either from the past or the future. It doesn't pull a gun from his pocket (as if it has any). It gets guns from dead bodies, armourys and in (Terminator1) gun shops. You all are just looking for excuses. I'm not saying i hate the Terminator, i quite like him, it's just that in the future battle, I've never seen a T-800/T-850 with a plasma gun (I'm reffering to the Terminator). The Robocop is perseverent, and never gives up, and would give his life for justice. Plus, Robocop has a super duper accurate aiming computer and if the Terminator came anywhere near him, he'd shoot its wires which can be clearly seen through the exo skeloton. Long story short: Robocop, thick and heavy armour (which makes him slow), human brain which means he is smart and is not defective plus he always has a gun at his diposal, big or small it's always good to have any gun. One more thing, whoever saw the Terminator run?

P.S: I think the DeLorean would be a good Robocop-mobile.

Attachment: terminator46r.jpg
This has been downloaded 130 time(s).

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2005 08:56 PM
Mad Marco is currently offline Click here to Send Mad Marco a Private Message Find more posts by Mad Marco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chriscaffee

Originally posted by Mad Marco
I'm not saying i hate the Terminator, i quite like him, it's just that in the future battle, I've never seen a T-800/T-850 with a plasma gun (I'm reffering to the Terminator).

A picture is worth a thousand words.

(please log in to view the image)

quote:
The Robocop is perseverent,

It can't be bargained with; it can't be reasoned with; it doesn't feel pitty or remorse and it absolutely will not stop ever, until you are dead.

You still don't get it do you? That's what he does. That's all he does. You can't stop him. He'll wade through you, reach down her throat and pull her ****ing heart out.

quote:
Plus, Robocop has a super duper accurate aiming computer and if the Terminator came anywhere near him, he'd shoot its wires which can be clearly seen through the exo skeloton.

Those "wires" are actually cables and are bullet proof, at least against Robocop's 9mm Beretta 93R (Besides it's not like they are exposed when covered with flesh). They have never been broken in any of the three Terminator films. The Terminator is also extremely accurate as he can blow off locks with a shotgun one-handed while driving sixty-miles an hour on a motorcycle.

quote:
Long story short: Robocop, thick and heavy armour (which makes him slow), human brain which means he is smart and is not defective plus he always has a gun at his diposal, big or small it's always good to have any gun.

It's a Beretta 93R. It fires 9mm x 19 rounds which some people consider "too weak" to be used against an unarmored human target (these are proponents of .45ACP) It can be stopped by a flak jacket. The Terminator can take solid hits from 12-gauge shotgun rounds and 7.62mm NATO rifle rounds. In other words, firing that weapon would be an entirely useless gesture. Just a waste of bullets really.

quote:
One more thing, whoever saw the Terminator run?

He runs after Reese and Sarah outside of Tech-Noir. He runs to his motor cycle outside the Tiki Motel.

In T2 he runs into the elevator at the mental hospital.

In T3 he runs underneath the blast door as it is closing.

Terminators don't run often for the sake of drama, but they can definitly run.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2005 03:01 AM
avp_rules

dat was tighthot ass pic

Old Post Oct 4th, 2005 08:19 PM
avp_rules is currently offline Click here to Send avp_rules a Private Message Find more posts by avp_rules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mad Marco

I suppose your right, his baretta is useless. But when you think of it, the baretta was intended for Detroit scum, the police didnt expect evil robots to suddenly sold in every corner shop (sarcastically). If the robocop got close enough to the terminator, he could tear through the armoured wires and would make the terminators joints very stiff. A picture DOES paint a thousand words, your right. But in the destruction and rubble, surely the terminator wouldnt have the plasma gun welded to his hand. The robocop could propbablyuse his crappy little baretta to disarm the terminator in some way. I admit i went a bit over the top with that big explanation thing, but boondock saint is right, it would rely on the integrety of the scriptwriter. If there is a movie to come out. Oh yes, one more thing, i dont see any scriptwriter putting 5.6 NATO rounds, 9mm rounds etc. Asociating with the terminators body armour. They would discuss this thing for hours on end before they come up with a descision. This is all a waste of time reading this but imagine the battle. Fire burning everywhere, debris falling from the sky, the smell of blood in the air and two equally as challenging robots unarmed and with only one thing on each of their minds. Domination over mankind and The rescue of mankind. You of all people should know modern scriptwriting, they hardly have a brain between them!

Mad Marco

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 06:57 PM
Mad Marco is currently offline Click here to Send Mad Marco a Private Message Find more posts by Mad Marco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RevoWution™©®
pr0F3ss0r_F4rnsw0rth

quote:
ROBOCOP WOULD TAKE TERMINATOR DOWN IN A SECOND

Whoever said that deserves to be shot! stick out tongue

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: All your Rick Roll are belong to me!!

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 10:36 PM
RevoWution™©® is currently offline Click here to Send RevoWution™©® a Private Message Find more posts by RevoWution™©® Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote