KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Commence Order 66

Commence Order 66
Started by: king_arthur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Prod
Portman lover

the clones have NO feelings...they r like robots...and they follow instrctions like robots...

http://rapidshare.de/files/2178551/e3-sample.avi.html

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 04:22 AM
Click here to Send Prod a Private Message Find more posts by Prod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

Sort of but they do have feelings, or something close anyways. They have compassion, anyways.

John 3:16 ^Thanks Ast Rofan^

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 04:24 AM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

According to Wizards of the Coast, ARC troopers are exempt from Order 66! But I don't think so...it'd leave too many loopholes.

There were some other Jedi that we would have been affected by their deaths too. Names elude me...

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 04:30 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I feel that in the end the clones were nothing more than a kinda of robot. They still had intelligance which gives them the ability to form complex plans and as well to change and reform them as need be. With this kinda of intelligence it gives the clones a kinda of emotional quality as well. alas though they are basically droids. They are manufactured and programed since childhood to do specific orders given to them. I think sidous simply had order 66 simply programed into them as a primary function. As the order is given their function changes so that means the plans they were following change also changing what emotion they give off.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 04:35 AM
Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta 62
Autobots, Roll out!

I was thinking about the Commandos a while back. I doubt they'd have been affected either, not only because of their advanced growth and training but also because they were meant to work alone in squads. They wouldn't have been around Jedi to turn on them.

The "Order 66 gene" that was implanted into all clones probably released an enzyme or something when the Order came. They instantly obeyed the command and sought out the nearest Jedi. I don't really see how people are talking about the clones like they hid their true intentions from the Jedi and all that crap. The clones turned because they were literally forced to by a genetic process. They didn't have a choice.

My myspace Galbadia Hotel (Anime/Game OSTs)

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 05:26 AM
Click here to Send Delta 62 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta 62 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
king_arthur

I reckon they should of said something to the Jedi like

Clonetrooper: I'm sorry sir, the Emperor has spoken.

Jedi: What...?

Clonetrooper: I have no choice (blast)

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 01:34 AM
Click here to Send king_arthur a Private Message Find more posts by king_arthur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mikkosison_360

I think that the part where Ki-Adi-Mundi got killed was cuz there were fire shots coming from both sides, no wonder he got killed. For Aayla Secura, she wasnt aware at all. The clones shot from behind. And for that girl in the speeder bike, the clones stepped on the breaks and had a clear shot at her. Plo-Koon didn't even have a chance to spin his ship around because of the quick blaster shots. Sure, they could sense it, but the clones had a strong mind, because they were, like you guys said, like robots, similar to battle droids. In my opinion, only yoda sensed it, for two reasons, first, hes the most powerful jedi, and second he wasn't in a tough situation like ki-adi-mundi, he was currently fighting droids, plo-koon was piloting a jet at the moment, he didn't really have that much control. Aayla Secura was fine, but, like i said, yoda is powerful.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 01:50 AM
Click here to Send mikkosison_360 a Private Message Find more posts by mikkosison_360 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Travizzle
Step Off

Besides, it was EXCECUTE oreder 66, not commence. you have to pay attention to the details.

Every feel like being evil?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 04:50 AM
Click here to Send Darth Travizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Travizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Rankkor
Shikido Master

Speaking about details, the prime minister of kamino spoke about the clones, being superior to droids because they think and are creative. The order would be something instructed to them and nothing else. They are nothing like the droids. They've obeyed because it was part of their training and allegiance to the republic and the emperor. About other jedi being killed, there aren't much more. Some die in the temple, others are killed by palpatine, and in the clone wars cartoon a lot bunch of them is killed so that leaves the ones you've seen

Fear the dark corners

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 10:46 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Rankkor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Rankkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cybervader
Master of Cyberspace

i dunno if this is correct..but maybe the 'Execute Order 66' thing finally demonstrates to us why palpatine wanted that army of the republic so much in episode 2. It is his OWN army.

In episode 1, sidious purposely made the trade federation have a blockade on naboo, since he is the senator palpatine there. By doin so, as all the events unfold,he is able to gain sympathy from the senate and became Chancellor. (note that he was the one who suggest to queen amidala on the vote-of-no-confidence issue)

Then in episode 2, he used dooku to lead the separatists to become a military force to be reckoned with (yet sending him secretly to order those clones), so the republic would just have to have an army to counter it, despite ppl like amidala wanting to defeat its creation act.

Notice that the discussion of the emergency powers were staged infront of jar-jar binks,because they know he was dumb enuff to believe them.

"If only..Senator Amidala were here.."

PALPATINE: "Hmm.."(lingering)

So that jar-jar dumb of a creature 'played the hero' by proposing the Emergency Power in the senate. For God sake's amidala wud haf opposed to that very thing!

Palpatine as the chancellor was then able to 'create' the army, which was incidentally ALREADY created in Kamino.

As the chancellor, he has control of the army, who would abide by him as the legal leader. 'Execute Order 66' finally shows his intention for having them..they were his hands and legs to control the galaxy..and that was how it was so in the galactic empire..in episodes 4,5 and 6..

"I still find your lack of Faith disturbing..."

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 11:02 AM
Click here to Send Cybervader a Private Message Find more posts by Cybervader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's not as if the Clones are each as good as Jango!

But this is another example in Star Wars of film-making necessity vs. absolute logic. Let's say each Jedi took out a hundred clones before he doed. What would that add to the story, as opposed to how much extra time it would take on screen?

Let's have a look at the dramatic necessities of that scene:

Palpatine issues Order 66, and by a combination of surprise and numbers, the Clones kill the Jedi they are working with.

We know, because Obi-Wan bothers to shut off the re-call system, that not every Jedi dies this way, but many clearly do.

We therefore see scenes by which Jedi are killed after Order 66 by a combination of numbers and surprise.

Therefore the scene has accomplished its dramatic necessity. More fighting would have been nice, but not necessary. Good filmmaking often involves the removal of stuff that is not totally necessary, and I very much doubt going into any more depth here would have actually made for a better film.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 11:19 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

This is my favorite part of the movie its very sad and emotional. I truly Enjoy that colorful planet with the big vergitation. Does anyone know what it is called?

lo lo Bromios lo lo Dendrites lo lo Eleutherios lo lo Enorches...

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 01:01 PM
Click here to Send Prince Nauj a Private Message Find more posts by Prince Nauj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Commander Duck
The Expendable Jedi

I think the clones knew exzactly the plan he was going to eventually commence. The were ready and waiting for that call.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 11:08 PM
Click here to Send Commander Duck a Private Message Find more posts by Commander Duck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

It all certainly makes Jango's going on at Obi-wan about "They'll do there job well" (AOTC) a tad more sinister in retrospect...!!

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 10:34 AM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Mawi
Jedi Master Assassin

Tragic, the deaths were. Ki-Adi Mundi's death was cool. His face clearly pictured desperation and surprise at the Clone Troopers' betrayal. Aayla's scene was good too. BUT PLO KOON'S JUST SUCKED. He was ducking in the cockpit right before the starfighter exploded. He looked scared like he wanted his mom or something. I mean COME ON, George Lucas could have Plo Koon kill a squad of Clone Troopers but finally get killed by a hundred of Clone Troopers.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 03:39 AM
Click here to Send Master Mawi a Private Message Find more posts by Master Mawi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote