KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos Vs. Superman

Thanos Vs. Superman
Started by: WOLVERINEFAN

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hercules
Count Of Durfisto

quote: (post)
Originally posted by batdude123
When posting spoilers, please use [SPOILER - highlight to read]: spoiler tags.

It wasn't much of a spoiler though as guy already posted the scans showing it.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 12:09 AM
Hercules is currently offline Click here to Send Hercules a Private Message Find more posts by Hercules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moonknight11

Thanos 10/10. I mean he THRASHED the silver surfer, and held his own against Tyrant and Odin. Superman isn't in his league.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 04:57 AM
moonknight11 is currently offline Click here to Send moonknight11 a Private Message Find more posts by moonknight11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

superman could never defeat thanos. it would be utter pis. thanos doesnt have the same problems darkseid has with superman. thanos is a beast in combat while ds avoids it at all costs.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 05:47 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Avlon
He fought Morg... with a herald who actually fought back, he didn't fare all that great.
thanos was doing just fine against morg.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 06:05 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moonknight11

Originally posted by quanchi112

Yeah and don't forget how he schooled Silver Surfer

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 07:26 PM
moonknight11 is currently offline Click here to Send moonknight11 a Private Message Find more posts by moonknight11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Being on the floor, and asking for help because he was going to get chopped by a cosmic axe is doing well?

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 08:05 PM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Avlon
Being on the floor, and asking for help because he was going to get chopped by a cosmic axe is doing well?
the fight was inconclusive and with how well thanos handled morg we know he could pound on morg. i mean come on.

ps
thanos crushes superman

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 09:03 PM
Phenomenol
Restricted

Account Restricted

the fight was inconclusive and with how well thanos handled morg we know he could pound on morg. i mean come on.

ps
thanos crushes superman

Please Thanos was going to die by Morg if Ganymede did not help him. That is obvious.

Thanos has "human enhanced reflexes" I think Thanos is going to need some help from his shields. eek!

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 12:32 AM
Phenomenol is currently offline Click here to Send Phenomenol a Private Message Find more posts by Phenomenol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shin_Nikkolas
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah...you have no idea who Thanos is, do you?

He could kill Clark physically.

Or do you all thinK Clark is >>>>>>>>>>>>> Surfer in durability? It took a few punches froM Thanos to beat Surfer near-death.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 12:45 AM
Shin_Nikkolas is currently offline Click here to Send Shin_Nikkolas a Private Message Find more posts by Shin_Nikkolas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Shin_Nikkolas

Or do you all thinK Clark is >>>>>>>>>>>>> Surfer in durability? It took a few punches froM Thanos to beat Surfer near-death.

clark is arguably as physically durable as surfer... erm

not saying he'd take thanos or anything tho, i don't know enough about thanos to hazard a guess...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 12:48 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shin_Nikkolas
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree with that. Clark and Norrin are pretty close in durability, IMO.

There's definitely not enough of a difference to make me think Thanos can't play around with Clark as much as he does with Surfer.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 12:49 AM
Shin_Nikkolas is currently offline Click here to Send Shin_Nikkolas a Private Message Find more posts by Shin_Nikkolas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by pr1983
clark is arguably as physically durable as surfer... erm

not saying he'd take thanos or anything tho, i don't know enough about thanos to hazard a guess...
Thanos completely owns the Silver Surfer and has beaten on Thor before.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 12:50 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I agree with that. Clark and Norrin are pretty close in durability, IMO.

There's definitely not enough of a difference to make me think Thanos can't play around with Clark as much as he does with Surfer.

Originally posted by Newjak
Thanos completely owns the Silver Surfer and has beaten on Thor before.

ah... i'd best read up on thanos so...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 12:57 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Space M ummy

Thanos wins 10/10 for the same reason a well written Surfer would take Superman.

Superman has some well publicized weaknesses that Thanos' abilities are almost tailor made to exploit.

This fight would last all of 30 seconds. Superman finds himself teleported directly into the heart of a red sun- Game over.

Thanos matter manipulates the ground into kryptonite- Game Over.

Thanos' only weakness we've seen so far is Drax. Not exactly something superman can make use of.

Thanos also has an apparently limitless source of power to amp his stats with (as per Odin) so he's as powerful as he needs to be, whenever he needs to be.

Thanos is also an Eternal, and inarguably the most powerful one. They have complete molecular control over their physical forms- so in theory he's as fast/durable/etc as he needs to be. For example there was an old issue of Avengers where the Eternals simply altered their physical forms to make them outright immune to Blastaar's energy projection powers.

Superman has no shot against a well written Thanos.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 01:54 AM
Space M ummy is currently offline Click here to Send Space M ummy a Private Message Find more posts by Space M ummy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

ps
thanos crushes superman

LOL @ that copout...

Had Ganymede not been there...Thanos would have been a head shorter.

And Superman can beat Thanos. He'd just be another notch on the man of steel's yellow belt.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 02:00 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Child Rebel
Blackout

I respect Superman, but I fail to see how he'd defeat Thanos in a comic or forum battle.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 02:11 AM
Child Rebel is currently offline Click here to Send Child Rebel a Private Message Find more posts by Child Rebel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phenomenol
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have read Thanos comics do you know who he is? Did you address him struggling against Morg?

Do you know who the hell the Surfer is? Knocking the Surfer out isn't a feat because PLENTY of characters have that feat on their resume!

I really don't know who could win between the two.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 02:13 AM
Phenomenol is currently offline Click here to Send Phenomenol a Private Message Find more posts by Phenomenol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Phenomenol
I have read Thanos comics do you know who he is? Did you address him struggling against Morg?

Do you know who the hell the Surfer is? Knocking the Surfer out isn't a feat because PLENTY of characters have that feat on their resume!

I really don't know who could win between the two.

Who are these "plenty of characters" that you speak of?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 02:14 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Child Rebel
Blackout

Originally posted by darthgoober
Who are these "plenty of characters" that you speak of?

Thor, Thanos, Galactus, Odin, Aegis, Tyrant, after those I can't recall.

Notice the characters on the list.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 02:17 AM
Child Rebel is currently offline Click here to Send Child Rebel a Private Message Find more posts by Child Rebel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by Airwalker
Thor, Thanos, Galactus, Odin, Aegis, Tyrant, after those I can't recall.

Notice the characters on the list.

Karnak with a brick.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 02:20 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote