KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » What was so bad about Anikans march into the temple

What was so bad about Anikans march into the temple
Started by: kalsemo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

i disagree...the imperial march would have been better...but i think it called for something unique. but then again, the whole scene was lacking...so no point in pondering it.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 02:51 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rubinator
is SYLAR

what was the music for that scene anyways?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 03:03 PM
Click here to Send rubinator a Private Message Find more posts by rubinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kalsemo

thanks for the insight!

Ok, thanks everyone for explaining to me why some thought that part wasn't that great..... I get it now! It was more that there was a letdown of possibly something more intense..... and not necessarily that there was something lame about the scene itself!!!

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 06:56 PM
Click here to Send kalsemo a Private Message Find more posts by kalsemo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Travizzle
Step Off

Re: What was so bad about Anikans march into the temple

quote: (post)
Originally posted by kalsemo
I've read around that many have thought that Anikan's march into the temple with the clones was lame.... I'm not sure why. Can anyone tell me what the deal is with that... it was a cool scene.... other things, (like the dialog or wooden acting in certain parts) I can understand that people would be saying lame things about.... but why specifically rag about this scene?

Ya, I thought that was a cool scene.

Every feel like being evil?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 06:58 PM
Click here to Send Darth Travizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Travizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

The music was from the Arena battle in Episode II. It makes no sense to put it here!

I agree with PVS. It should have been new music. Or a variation on the Imperial Marc, or even the Force theme.

I tried putting the Imperial March over that scene... if anyone wants to see it, pm me. I think it works alright, but new music or a variation would be much better.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 10:02 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I would just have the Imperial March open up right there, with those fast, violent string parts...

While the scene was great, I think it just needed more violence. More Jedi fighting and dying, more clonetroopers fighting and dying, so on, so forth.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 01:04 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I liked that scene. But like everyone has said, the music was wrong, and since so much of the Temple scene was cut, it turned into a let-down.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 01:09 AM
Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Andrew McLeod

What would've been beautiful would be Anakin was evil at the beginning and the movie was him hunting down the Jedi ala KOTOR II.

Love is an accident waiting to happen. Desire is a stranger you think you know. Intimacy is a lie we tell ourselves. Truth is a game you play to win. If you believe in love at first sight you never stop looking.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 01:33 AM
Click here to Send Andrew McLeod a Private Message Find more posts by Andrew McLeod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Eh? How would that work?

*Opening scrawl*

STAR WARS Episode III Revenge Of The Sith

War! There was a battle and stuff.
Obi-Wan killed some sh*t.
Anakin grew his hair.
Erm....................

Oh sh*t, Anakin also turned evil
Yeah, I swear dude, he did
Took out Padme. Yeah no kidding.
Did a cool force choke.

Let's go down to the battlefield
with Anakin being a d*ck
killing some Jedi and stuff
Over to you Anakin.....

*cinematic pan down to Anakin piloting a Star Destroyer, parking outside the house of Jedi, killing them in their sleep, and doing drive-bys for three hours*

Seriously, WTF!

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 02:16 AM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagueis
The Wise-Ass Sith Lord

laughing

but that might have been kind of cool, albeit different....

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 02:19 AM
Click here to Send Darth Plagueis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagueis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mstr GEKA
Dumb as a Wise Can Be

What was really bad about that scene was the difference between the pace of the visual and the one of the music... Anyway that is why I did not like it. The sound of the rythm of the steps follow the music... but is so out of sync with the visual.

There are many other issues with the music and the editing throughout the movie... but in the end the story does not change...

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 01:01 PM
Click here to Send Mstr GEKA a Private Message Find more posts by Mstr GEKA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Yup. The music editting was very bad in some places...

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 01:02 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Eh? How would that work?

*Opening scrawl*

STAR WARS Episode III Revenge Of The Sith

War! There was a battle and stuff.
Obi-Wan killed some sh*t.
Anakin grew his hair.
Erm....................

Oh sh*t, Anakin also turned evil
Yeah, I swear dude, he did
Took out Padme. Yeah no kidding.
Did a cool force choke.

Let's go down to the battlefield
with Anakin being a d*ck
killing some Jedi and stuff
Over to you Anakin.....

*cinematic pan down to Anakin piloting a Star Destroyer, parking outside the house of Jedi, killing them in their sleep, and doing drive-bys for three hours*

Seriously, WTF!

laughing out loud
you've got a talent for on-the-spot SW parody writing

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 01:05 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowKing
Fallen Jedi

Why the Separatist theme? I could never figure that out...

It could have been a formative version of the Imperial March theme leading into a more melancholy theme like "Anakin's Betrayal" or the music from Order 66 as Anakin slices and dices his way through Jedi...

Did not have to be a whole long scene, just a ten - fifteen second shot of him taking down Jedi left and right as the Clone Troops start going into battle mode, flanking him and firing at more distant Jedi...this could have been edited so that he "senses" someone and edit into the children in the temple scene...that would have been powerful because you know how far he's fallen and you realize those kids are doomed.

Custom Sig courtesy of Ast!

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 02:37 PM
Click here to Send ShadowKing a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
southtownbluz

Man, I never really thought that much about it, but you guys are right. It did need the Imperial march music. Maybe that's why I felt the film was missing some things. That scene definitely needed the March!!!

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 03:36 PM
Click here to Send southtownbluz a Private Message Find more posts by southtownbluz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rubinator
is SYLAR

but what is the song caled

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 07:38 PM
Click here to Send rubinator a Private Message Find more posts by rubinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Rankkor
Shikido Master

Marching in: Good
Not enough killings viewed: Bad
Music: so so

We have good bad so so which give us gbadso or osdabg. badong could also be used or gnodab LOLOLOLOLOL

Fear the dark corners

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 07:55 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Rankkor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Rankkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

In all seriousness, it needed the Imperial March.

I mean, it's the first time we see the march of the Empire, an unstoppable killing machine with Darth Vader at the helm.

To think that the Clones getting on the cruisers in Episode II had the Imperial March and THIS didn't is simply bizarre. It's the Imperial March not the Republic Waltz! I wouldn't have minded so much if it wasn't in Episode II (so obviously done for browny points), but it was, and not having it in Episode III when it was needed hurts the continuity and makes no sense.

I mean, it would have been AWESOME if we saw the overhead shot and walk-in with the start of the Imperial theme. Everyone knows the song, and it would make perfect sense to have the drum and string intro ofthe Imperial March right here. We all know it's the start of the song, and that there's something bad and big about to happen everytime we hear it. It would also solidify Anakin as Darth Vader. We see Anakin, but we should think Darth Vader - the Imperial March would have helped with that illusion.

Last edited by Red Superfly on Jun 22nd, 2005 at 08:08 PM

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 08:04 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

The Imperial March would've been welcomed. HOWEVER......what would've made it incredibly awesome:

Anakin walks in with the clone troopers marching behind him....as the scene begins, Erma Franklin - Piece of my heart starts playing.

"you're out on the street looking good" - Anakin is chopping up some Jedi.
"And you know deep down in your heart that ain't right" - more chopping and killing, while troopers break out of formation for mucho mucho killing.
"And oooh, you never never hear me when i cry at night" - he spots/feels the younglings
"I tell myself that i can't stand the pain, but when you hold me in your arms, i say it again, so go on, go on, go on" - Lights lightsaber in front of younglings.
"Take it, take another little piece of my heart now baby
Break it, break another little bit of my heart now baby
You can have it, have another little piece of my heart now baby
you know you got it if it makes you feel good" - Slaughter of the younglings, with very explicit images.

thumb up thumb up

Am i the only one who thinks this would be IMMENSELY awesome? Why are you staring at me like that?

~wickerman~

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 08:19 PM
Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArynCrinn

Here's to hoping for an extended jedi temple assault scene!!! With a new version of the imperial march. Even if they have to film more, they should do it. If Peter Jackson did it for LotR, George can do it for star wars! And also, I want to see more of the deleted footage from other films added in. There is probably enough to make every Star Wars film 3 hours.
We should start a petition!!!

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 07:13 AM
Click here to Send ArynCrinn a Private Message Find more posts by ArynCrinn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote