KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » So now you've seen Episode III are you happy with Anakins spirit in ROTJ?

So now you've seen Episode III are you happy with Anakins spirit in ROTJ?
Started by: amity75

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Plagueis
The Wise-Ass Sith Lord

Look at my posts, I am not antagonistic and may have falsely assumed that you were. That WTF changes the connotation of a conversation sometimes.
But in response, WHY did Obi-Wans and Yodas spirite age? Just because someone makes bad decisions, doesnt mean that their spirit will "pause" until they die...

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 02:04 AM
Click here to Send Darth Plagueis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagueis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rhindon
Mrs. Ackles

I agree, perhaps it would have been better to have all of them as they appeared in the prequels. The only reasoning I can see for them to show the younger Anakin is under the assumption that Anakin "died" when he became Vader (even though he came back at the end of ROTJ).

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 02:06 AM
Click here to Send Rhindon a Private Message Find more posts by Rhindon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

Their spirits didn't age. They did. That's what I said in my first big post. They looked as they did when they died. Now, so does Anakin in GL's eyes/mind/story. Anakin died in Episode 3 as far as Lucas is concerned.

I asked how a dormant spirit would age. I was referring to the dormant spirit of Anakin Skywalker that was trapped within Darth Vader.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 02:10 AM
Click here to Send kremzike a Private Message Find more posts by kremzike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagueis
The Wise-Ass Sith Lord

YES!!! Changing all of them would have been a cool nod to the prequels, as if Anakins redemption helped ALL of them!!
Let me restate that I initially thought "wow! cool!" at the change, and understand from the point of view that we have a connection to Haydens Ani, and not Sebastion Shaws, but I don't by that his spirit was "on hold" for 20 some odd years. In fact, I think the epiphany that he has at the end of ROTJ puts him at the most focused point of his life.
Maybe an age-progression shot of Hayden would have worked perfectly....

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 02:12 AM
Click here to Send Darth Plagueis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagueis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mstr GEKA
Dumb as a Wise Can Be

But my question is (i know I've already posted it) how did he learn the path to immortality? Furthermore, Hayden should learn how to smile... it looks evil to me.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 02:13 AM
Click here to Send Mstr GEKA a Private Message Find more posts by Mstr GEKA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagueis
The Wise-Ass Sith Lord

quote: (post)
Originally posted by kremzike
Their spirits didn't age. They did. That's what I said in my first big post. They looked as they did when they died. Now, so does Anakin in GL's eyes/mind/story. Anakin died in Episode 3 as far as Lucas is concerned.

I asked how a dormant spirit would age. I was referring to the dormant spirit of Anakin Skywalker that was trapped within Darth Vader.
But Anakin IS Darth Vader!!!!!! Evil or not, Vader still had a spirit!! The same one he was born (and died )with!!

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 02:14 AM
Rhindon
Mrs. Ackles

Good points all, and I agree that the shots they used of Hayden weren't the greatest. I really loved his smile when he tells Padme "I'm allright" after coming back from killing Dooku, but it was an adoring smile, not something that would have fit the spirit scene.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 02:18 AM
Click here to Send Rhindon a Private Message Find more posts by Rhindon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpyCspider

coulnd't they have just make Hayden Christensen older? They can do it to Ewan McGregor....they did it in 3 movies.

Put on a body suit, wear a wig, or something.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 03:07 AM
Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

^ What the point of that be?

confused

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 03:08 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagueis
The Wise-Ass Sith Lord

Originally posted by SpyCspider
coulnd't they have just make Hayden Christensen older? They can do it to Ewan McGregor....they did it in 3 movies.

Put on a body suit, wear a wig, or something.
yes

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 03:12 AM
chubbychipmunk
wut goes here?

omg lucas had leo dicaprio in mind for being anakin. no could you have imagined that! that would've been horrid. i'm glad they picked anakin happy

"*laughs*. We got 'em R2"

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 03:16 AM
Click here to Send chubbychipmunk a Private Message Find more posts by chubbychipmunk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

What does that have to do with Anakin's ghost is Episode VI?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 03:18 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

Originally posted by Darth Plagueis
But Anakin IS Darth Vader!!!!!! Evil or not, Vader still had a spirit!! The same one he was born (and died )with!!

Lucas disagrees. That's why he did what's caused this discussion in the first place. I'm not saying it wouldn't make sense if it remained unchanged or anything. But the fact is that once he established the PT, this is what the man who decides what is in Star Wars is saying. Everybody can have theories & their own explanations for whatever saga monets they see fit, but as the saga stands now, the man who created it says that Anakin's redeemed spirit is the one that died when he turned to the dark side, which does fall in line to what Obi-Wan told Luke in ROTJ. It's just that now we have the visual representation of that man who "ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader" and GL has shown us that he becomes that man once again when he joins the force.

Hmmmm how about that? Maybe he wasn't fully redeemed until the life left his body, eh? That could work as an explanation of why Sebastian Shaw is in the suit & Hayden Christensen is now the spirit. I'm not sayi9ng this is my feeling or theory or whatever because it's not necessary. Like I said, everyone can have their own theories about why things are the way they are, but what you can't dispute is what GL gives us as fact. He sticks Hayden's head on the Shaw-spirit body, so that makes it fact in the saga.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 03:21 AM
Click here to Send kremzike a Private Message Find more posts by kremzike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

I agree. In Lucas's mind Anakin did die in Episode III. Although I think that in Jedi Anakin is redeemed and returns to the good side... But I have to respect Lucas's vision of the story - it is afterall [i]his story. If it were mine, perhaps I'd do it differently...

smile

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 03:26 AM
Eleonora

I think they should have put him closer to the others. Yoda and Obi look like they were stuck together, whereas Anakin is about one step away. I still think George should have put two versions on DVD, 'cause the future generations will never be able to see the movies how we loved them and made them a cult in the first place.
However, talking for myself, I'd have to say that scene makes much sense now, I like it a lot. smile

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 09:56 AM
Click here to Send Eleonora a Private Message Find more posts by Eleonora Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Lucas is a f*cktard for putting that in...

i had to rewatch my old vhs tapes just to stop myself chucking my dvd's out the window...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 10:57 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediJim
Friend of the Force

I think it was just a way for Lucas to tie the two trilogies together. But I do agree that the Jedi Anakin Skywalker died on Mustafar, so it does make sense for his Jedi ghost to be shown at that age.

"Only now, at the end, do you understand!"
Emperor Palpatine / Return of the Jedi

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 11:17 AM
Click here to Send JediJim a Private Message Find more posts by JediJim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
david flood

anakin practically is force ,,.he was born with no dad only mediclrions .i think that wud give an excuse

many thanks to ast for the cool sig

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 12:00 PM
Click here to Send david flood a Private Message Find more posts by david flood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

In the future when new generations are watching all six movies in sequence they'll only want to see Hayden at the end. If they hadn't changed it then people would be disappointed at the appearance of some old guy.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 12:19 PM
Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rhindon
Mrs. Ackles

One of these days, I will have to watch them in order...

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 12:21 PM