KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » So now you've seen Episode III are you happy with Anakins spirit in ROTJ?

So now you've seen Episode III are you happy with Anakins spirit in ROTJ?
Started by: amity75

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Maybe if Hayden wasn't such a moron I wouldn't mind it...

But all his appearance does in that film is remind me how much he sucks.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 12:21 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Werx fer me just fine. yes

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 12:44 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rhindon
Mrs. Ackles

I thought he did a good job, but we're all entitled to our own opinion.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 12:45 PM
Click here to Send Rhindon a Private Message Find more posts by Rhindon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vader519
Dark Lord of the Sith

Seeing Hayden at the end of ROTJ never bothered me one bit. I really like dhte changed, and after seeing ROTS, it makes more sense and its better.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 02:31 PM
Click here to Send vader519 a Private Message Find more posts by vader519 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Rankkor
Shikido Master

It makes sense but also the older version of anakin did. So what GL meant IMO was to reach for the fans from both T's

Fear the dark corners

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 02:36 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Rankkor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Rankkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I think it's kinda tacky. I just would of much rather seen Darth Vader cast off the shackles of the dark side and return as the redeemed Anakin.

I could see Whatshisname McYoungVersion Hayden whatever being more in place if like evil being slain and the Jedi returning rejuvenated them into younger versions of themselves.
quote: (post)
Originally posted by amity75
In the future when new generations are watching all six movies in sequence they'll only want to see Hayden at the end. If they hadn't changed it then people would be disappointed at the appearance of some old guy.

Hopefully after seeing old man obi, the future generations will have grasp on the concept of "aging" and it's effect on people.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 02:58 PM
Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think having Anakin in ROTJ connects the entire saga better. its better having young Anakin because that was when it was at a time where he was still good, so it kinda implys that Anakin went back to his old self once Luke saved him.
Plus having Anakin's force ghost when he was young, meant more than having the old guy look where we only see one scene showing him, and Anakin had the entire PT. So, I think it was a wise decision by Lucas

The fate of the galaxy lies with the Empire.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 03:02 PM
Click here to Send Robin Darkside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Darkside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Bong
Perpetually High

Hayden at the end of ROTJ didn't bother me either. I had a hard time associating the old man who was there originally with Anakin/Vader. But all of us recognize Hayden,makes it easier and helps continuity. smokin'

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 04:25 PM
Click here to Send Darth Bong a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Bong Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AmrothSkywalker
Savior of the Galaxy

I don't want to add fuel to the fire but I think young Anakin was a bad change. He was never at peace when he was young if you think about it. He always had something bothering him and something evil deep down inside of him. By showing old Anakin we see Anakin "saved" from the dark side as his content self. Luke helped him kill the evil in him and bring out the good and he was turned completely back to the good side. So when we see old Anakin he is with the other jedi masters at the end old when they passed and "became one with the force" showing young Anakin is like if they showed Ewan McGregor for Obi-wan Kenobi! Old Anakin was the only Anakin to ever truly be at peace.

Leader of the Xbox Live Knights 0f the 0ld Republic clan. "Your overconfidence is your weakness" "Your faith in your friends is yours" "I can feel the good in you, the conflict" "I'll never turn to the dark side"

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 04:33 PM
Click here to Send AmrothSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by AmrothSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

Originally posted by AmrothSkywalker
showing young Anakin is like if they showed Ewan McGregor for Obi-wan Kenobi!

That's where you lose me. That change would make much less sense, so it's not like the Anakin change at all. You can explain why Anakin's spirit appears that way. How would you possibly explain how Obi-Wan's spirit that we've seen as Alec Guiness has suddenly changed to Ewan McGregor? See what i'm getting at here? I'm not asking you to explain that change. I'm saying that there is a valid, official explanation of how Anakin's spirit first appears & looks like Hayden, but if they changed Alec to Ewan for the end scene, that would make no sense at all. My point is that your comparing young Anakin to a possible young Ewan weakens your point. Take that out & you've got a stronger argument.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 05:10 PM
Click here to Send kremzike a Private Message Find more posts by kremzike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AmrothSkywalker
Savior of the Galaxy

Are you saying that Hayden isnt so bad because we never really see Anakin in any other form?

Leader of the Xbox Live Knights 0f the 0ld Republic clan. "Your overconfidence is your weakness" "Your faith in your friends is yours" "I can feel the good in you, the conflict" "I'll never turn to the dark side"

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 05:29 PM
Click here to Send AmrothSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by AmrothSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

All I was saying there was that your comparison weakened your point. Go back further in the thread to see what I think about the change.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 05:37 PM
Click here to Send kremzike a Private Message Find more posts by kremzike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AmrothSkywalker
Savior of the Galaxy

I see what you mean about my arguement. Think about this: they show obi wan die old, the show his spirit old, they show anakin die old, they show his spirit young????? i think its retarded

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 07:47 PM
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Don't you guys know? Becoming a Sith has its advantages, in not aging a bit. wink

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 07:52 PM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

Originally posted by AmrothSkywalker
I see what you mean about my arguement. Think about this: they show obi wan die old, the show his spirit old, they show anakin die old, they show his spirit young????? i think its retarded

And that's cool. I'll never tell anyone that they should or shouldn't like anything. Like what you want to. But you should also understand that George Lucas says that Anakin died when he became Darth Vader in what is now Episode III, and Anakin seems fully redeemed once he joins the force & appears next to Obi-Wan & Yoda in the same visual form that he died in.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 08:23 PM
Darth Bong
Perpetually High

Also, I think Mr. Lucas might have changed this scene because becoming one with the force was Anakin's big reward for turning back. I mean, he goes through most of his life in a black mask barely alive. It makes the situation look like Anakin's reward was to get to be the ghost of a shriveled old man. The force changes him back to how he was the last time he was in tune with the light side. Both Yoda and Obi-Wan never turned. You could look at it from the point of view that once you turn to the Dark Side you are no longer in view or in the presence of the living force. So that was how the force last remembers him. You will find that many of the truths we cling to rely greatly on our own point of view. smokin'

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 09:02 PM
Click here to Send Darth Bong a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Bong Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Bondius
Order of the Phoenix Jedi

Barf

It really suck and its offensive for the old fans, (which im not, but that doesnt matter) to put christensen en basically the only anakin scene in all the original trilogy. sick

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 09:20 PM
Click here to Send General Bondius a Private Message Find more posts by General Bondius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Bong
Perpetually High

I can see how people would think that, but the old Anakin just wasn't in the movie long enough for me to be offended at him being cut out of the scene. smokin'

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 09:45 PM
General Bondius
Order of the Phoenix Jedi

MMM, good point

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 09:48 PM
Click here to Send General Bondius a Private Message Find more posts by General Bondius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chubbychipmunk
wut goes here?

i think it's a good thing that they changed it because the older one doesn't look like the anakin in 3

"*laughs*. We got 'em R2"

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 10:37 PM
Click here to Send chubbychipmunk a Private Message Find more posts by chubbychipmunk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote