KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » A mess up in the continuity of Star Wars

A mess up in the continuity of Star Wars
Started by: Darthburgerking

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
@stroFan
SMUDGE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by kremzike
He's holding Anakin's saber in virtually the entire fight. The scene originally had him force grab Anakin's saber & use it to fight the masters while Anakin looked on. GL changed things & the reshoots found them changing things to how they ended up. REad the Making Of book, the latest Homing Beacon email and watch the last Webdoc for more on this if you're interested.

Those still frames do look bad, but they did change them. Ian's stunt double looks even less like that than Ian himself. I'm sure they didn't put a ton of effort into frames that would move way too quick for anyone to see this strange face replacement.

Oh, cool, nice to finally have a reason other than they ****ed up. stick out tongue Now, do you know why Anakin and OW's sabers got mixed up? stick out tongue

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 03:42 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Commander Duck
The Expendable Jedi

Originally posted by BAILY
This one is worse!!!

(please log in to view the image)

Why couldn't Ian do that stab himself...

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 03:48 AM
Click here to Send Commander Duck a Private Message Find more posts by Commander Duck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Agent
Screen Writer

hes an old geezers, thats what i hate about actors(most actors) they all need godamned stunt doubles. If i were an actor personally i'd attempt to my own stunts(if its not over the top)

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 03:52 AM
Click here to Send Stealth Agent a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Agent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Originally posted by matreid
Why couldn't Ian do that stab himself...

That shot continues on without cutting away, I think, and he must do some more complex stuff.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 04:00 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

Originally posted by Ast Rofan
Oh, cool, nice to finally have a reason other than they ****ed up. stick out tongue Now, do you know why Anakin and OW's sabers got mixed up? stick out tongue

I've heard no official explanation for that error. One can only guess at why it happened. I figure they tried different things in the scene & one included a saber switch, and they liked the shots where the sabers were switched the best so they used them. I know they knew about it before the movie came out because someone asked Rick McCallum about it from the trailer & he commended them on spotting it. Still, I guess they thought it wasn't a big deal & left it in. Obviously, a lot of fans thought it was a big deal. smile

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 07:17 AM
Click here to Send kremzike a Private Message Find more posts by kremzike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

This is frigin stupid, you are not suppose to watch a movie frame by frame LOSERS, For the normal fan the movie makers know they can get away with it. Like in EPI during the pod race, Rob coleman said at one scene Sebulba is not in his pod racer, but it is only for a split second and they new they could get away with it. same goes for the different lightsabers, How do you guys enjoy the movie looking for these dumb and pointless flaws?? as for Leia's conversation with Luke, it's quite simple, Bail must of obviously told Liea about her REAL Mother. and she had pictures of her, and that is where the memories come from, where as Luke would not of been told anything about her. And Obiwan never said that their mother separated them, the line is "to protect you both from the emperor, you were hidden from your father when you were born."

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 07:45 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

These kinds of mistakes do not bother me in the slightest.

We all know that wasn't Ian doing all those amazing things, so what does this prove anyway?

The only time I ever really saw anything wrong with the actors on screen was when the heroes crash land Grievous' ship, and there's a short shot which lingers on the actors long enough to tell that they are CGI. That to me was the only shot I thought that they didn't away with.

Also, I don't tend to watch movies frame by frame. I mean, come on.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 07:55 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Yeah only LOSERS watch a movie frame by frame in order to make pointless threads.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 07:59 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

There was a weird shot of palpatine at the beginning of the Yoda duel... it looked really fake. It may have been a CG Ian, I can't be sure though. It just looked strange...

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 11:33 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Originally posted by darthmaul1
Yeah only LOSERS watch a movie frame by frame in order to make pointless threads.

no expression

what is your...like...point of being here?

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 12:04 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PadmeAmidala15
Starfire

Re: A mess up in the continuity of Star Wars

Originally posted by Darthburgerking
Not sure if anyone here noticed it but I'd like to point out a change that Lucas made that breaks the continuity of the old films.
In episode 6 Luke asks Leia about her mom she said she died when I was very young and described her, in ROTS Padme dies giving birth making that scene make no sense, also in episode 4 Obi Wan says your mother seperated you but in ROTS she doesn't so that scene now doesn't make sense, did anyone else notice this or anyother continuity problems.

Maybe when Leia says her mom was beautiful but sad, she was talking about B. Organa's wife (ha! his initials are B.O! sorry, random thought...), i mean she was pretty, and maybe not as sad as Padme, but the whole new empire thing must have made her pretty upset... unless... i'm missing somthing, aren't i?

Last edited by PadmeAmidala15 on Jun 27th, 2005 at 12:43 AM

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 12:39 AM
Click here to Send PadmeAmidala15 a Private Message Find more posts by PadmeAmidala15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Luke asks "Do you remember your mother? Your REAL mother?"

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 12:48 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rhindon
Mrs. Ackles

I thought about that too. Not knowing anything outside of what was in the movies, the only thing that I could think of is that Bale (sp?) Organa's wife died and he later remarried.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 02:30 AM
Click here to Send Rhindon a Private Message Find more posts by Rhindon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BAILY

Originally posted by darthmaul1

Oh you better not be dissing me bud... i was only posting those pics to get all the "real geeks" pissed..... mad And these errors dont bug me either.... i still like the whole sequence.... my fav fight

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 03:05 AM
Click here to Send BAILY a Private Message Find more posts by BAILY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mossman

It amazes me how people can take one thing out of context and miss the point completely:

ROTJ

LUKE: "Leia... do you remember your mother? Your real mother?"
LEIA: "Just a little bit. She died when I was very young."
LUKE: "What do you remember?"
LEIA: "Just...images, really. Feelings."
LUKE: "Tell me."
LEIA: "She was very beautiful. Kind, but...sad. Why are you asking me all this?"

---

LEIA: "Luke, don't talk that way. You have a power I--I don't understand and could never have."
LUKE: "You're wrong, Leia. You have that power too."

---

LUKE: "Yes. It's you Leia."
LEIA: "I know. Somehow...I've always known."

So, first things first - Luke is definitely asking Leia about her real mother (Padmé) in ROTJ.

Now, in ROTS

Padmé dies when Leia is very young.
Padmé is certainly beautiful and kind, and by the end of ROTS has much to be sad about.
And it is established, later to be reiterated in the OT, that the Force runs strong in the Skywalker family.

Look at the greater context of that scene in ROTJ - what is it about?
One of the things it addresses is that very aspect of the Skywalker family - the Force runs strong in that family. The family is important.
Leia has these images and feelings regarding her mother.
She also somehow always felt that Luke was her brother - SOMEHOW she's always known.
It is just to show that Leia is blessed by the Force too, it isn't a big thing.

Leia is the missing part of the puzzle.
What Luke doesn't have (memories of his biological mother) Leia has.
What is going to get Luke to do what he has to do and redeem his father?
His love for his sister - we see it on the Death Star.

Everything is there - nothing contradicts anything.
The facts match up.
You accept that people can move things around with telekinesis.
You accept that people can generate lethal electricity with their fingertips.
You accept that people can leap hundreds of feet in the air from a standstill.
You accept that people can detect suffering and pain across the other side of the galaxy; see into the future.

Yet you cannot accept that Leia - who is strong with the Force - SOMEHOW has a residual image of her mother.
A mother who dies uttering the words "There's still good in him."
The Force must be brought into balance - only Anakin can do this.
He must be redeemed.
This is Padmé's last meassage - it is all part of that same puzzle.
The will of the Force.
Leia has her part.
Luke has his.
They have to work together.
Everyone has to work together, everyone has a different part of the puzzle.
So Leia remembers (although "remembers" is a misleading word to use) her mother.
Luke does not.
Big deal.

It all makes sense when you look at the bigger picture.
If you want to continue to look for contradictions, then you will definitely see them.
But the answers are there.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...

Last edited by mossman on Jun 27th, 2005 at 03:29 AM

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 03:25 AM
Click here to Send mossman a Private Message Find more posts by mossman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Originally posted by mossman

No sh*t, Leia... 2 seconds young in fact.

Seriously though I agree with what you said mossman. I don't have a problem with it. I think it would have been better though if Leia and Padme had had a little 'moment' in ROTS rather than Luke and Padme...

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 03:31 AM
darthmaul1

Leia was in her longer than Luke. smile
It must be that Bail and his wife told her about Padme and that she die just after her birth, and Owen would not be able to tell Luke anything about Padme.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 06:10 AM
Rhindon
Mrs. Ackles

Originally posted by mossman
It amazes me how people can take one thing out of context and miss the point completely:

ROTJ

LUKE: "Leia... do you remember your mother? Your real mother?"
LUKE: "What do you remember?"
LEIA: "Just...images, really. Feelings."
LUKE: "Tell me."
LEIA: "She was very beautiful. Kind, but...sad. Why are you asking me all this?"

---

LEIA: "Luke, don't talk that way. You have a power I--I don't understand and could never have."
LUKE: "You're wrong, Leia. You have that power too."

---

LUKE: "Yes. It's you Leia."
LEIA: "I know. Somehow...I've always known."

So, first things first - Luke is definitely asking Leia about her real mother (Padmé) in ROTJ.

Now, in ROTS

Padmé dies when Leia is very young.
Padmé is certainly beautiful and kind, and by the end of ROTS has much to be sad about.
And it is established, later to be reiterated in the OT, that the Force runs strong in the Skywalker family.

Look at the greater context of that scene in ROTJ - what is it about?
One of the things it addresses is that very aspect of the Skywalker family - the Force runs strong in that family. The family is important.
Leia has these images and feelings regarding her mother.
She also somehow always felt that Luke was her brother - SOMEHOW she's always known.
It is just to show that Leia is blessed by the Force too, it isn't a big thing.

Leia is the missing part of the puzzle.
What Luke doesn't have (memories of his biological mother) Leia has.
What is going to get Luke to do what he has to do and redeem his father?
His love for his sister - we see it on the Death Star.

Everything is there - nothing contradicts anything.
The facts match up.
You accept that people can move things around with telekinesis.
You accept that people can generate lethal electricity with their fingertips.
You accept that people can leap hundreds of feet in the air from a standstill.
You accept that people can detect suffering and pain across the other side of the galaxy; see into the future.

Yet you cannot accept that Leia - who is strong with the Force - SOMEHOW has a residual image of her mother.
A mother who dies uttering the words "There's still good in him."
The Force must be brought into balance - only Anakin can do this.
He must be redeemed.
This is Padmé's last meassage - it is all part of that same puzzle.
The will of the Force.
Leia has her part.
Luke has his.
They have to work together.
Everyone has to work together, everyone has a different part of the puzzle.
So Leia remembers (although "remembers" is a misleading word to use) her mother.
Luke does not.
Big deal.

It all makes sense when you look at the bigger picture.
If you want to continue to look for contradictions, then you will definitely see them.
But the answers are there.

All very good points Mossman.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 09:53 AM
Click here to Send Rhindon a Private Message Find more posts by Rhindon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote