KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Lucifer.

Lucifer.
Started by: Freaky Zeeky

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Grand-Moff-Gav

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alfheim
What the hell do you mean they were forced to accept Christanity!! People were tortured and killed how does Christanity possibly give them something the Norse religon cant?.

It can give them salvation. eek!

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 11:17 AM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
It can give them salvation. eek!

Are you serious??????????

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 11:20 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Are you serious??????????

No, I never really how seriously you were taking this, I don't support the early Churches methods of spreading the Faith. People are meant to find Christ, he isn't meant to bash down a door and shove a sword in a persons face and kill them if they refuse to recognise him.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 11:22 AM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

No, I never really how seriously you were taking this, I don't support the early Churches methods of spreading the Faith. People are meant to find Christ, he isn't meant to bash down a door and shove a sword in a persons face and kill them if they refuse to recognise him.

Ok so your saying that they should impose themselves on them but not use force?

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 11:24 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Ok so your saying that they should impose themselves on them but not use force?

I don't think they should impose themselves atall. I dont think there is anything wrong with maybe letting people know what you believe and why you believe, but only if the person wants to hear what you believe and why.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 11:26 AM
Deadline

I don't think they should impose themselves atall. I dont think there is anything wrong with maybe letting people know what you believe and why you believe, but only if the person wants to hear what you believe and why.

Well ok thats fine. So what was this all about?

If a religion doesn't try to put itself above other religions, then it shows that its leadership either doesn't care about the general peoples OR they no they aren't the true religion.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 11:30 AM
Grand-Moff-Gav

Are you familier with the term Devil's Advocate?

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 11:33 AM
Deadline

Are you familier with the term Devil's Advocate?

Yes ok where fine then. no expression Sorry had to be sure fundies are everywhere.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 11:35 AM
Grand-Moff-Gav

Yes ok where fine then. no expression Sorry had to be sure fundies are everywhere.

Sometimes I think its important that people argue their points against someone rather than just have someone say "I respect your opinion". By arguing it you should develop your beliefs in it and it will make a real argument easier for you.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 11:40 AM
The Grey Fox
Restricted

Account Restricted

So Gav... what exactly are your beliefs in Christianity? You once said to me "I'm more of a Christorian than a Christian", so what exactly do you think?

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 02:48 PM
The Grey Fox is currently offline Click here to Send The Grey Fox a Private Message Find more posts by The Grey Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Well, first off I am Roman Catholic, which as you see in this topic did lead to an argument about the role of the Saints, anyway.

I believe in God, and that Jesus was God in flesh on earth. I follow the Bible as the scripture of God but, heres where the Christorian bit comes in, I don't put my ultimate faith in the Bible itself. As a testament the Bible is fairly comprehensive and as far as I'm concerned accurate in most cases. However, it there is enough doubt about certain bits here and there to mean that the Bible cannot be taken alone, it must be crosschecked with the History of the Christian Church (what we Catholics call tradition). Early Christian communities which were formed around the time the apostles were living are very different to the modern ones of today of course they had the apostles guiding them and not everything that Peter and Paul wrote made it into the Bible but the still passed onto the Christian peoples, these traditions continue through the Catholic Church today and are only available to those who rely on Christian History and the Bible, whereas some Churches go with the "Sola Scripture" and are missing out on vital pieces of the Christian faith.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 04:53 PM
Dr. Zaius
Damn Dirty Ape

Well, first off I am Roman Catholic, which as you see in this topic did lead to an argument about the role of the Saints, anyway.

I believe in God, and that Jesus was God in flesh on earth. I follow the Bible as the scripture of God but, heres where the Christorian bit comes in, I don't put my ultimate faith in the Bible itself. As a testament the Bible is fairly comprehensive and as far as I'm concerned accurate in most cases. However, it there is enough doubt about certain bits here and there to mean that the Bible cannot be taken alone, it must be crosschecked with the History of the Christian Church (what we Catholics call tradition). Early Christian communities which were formed around the time the apostles were living are very different to the modern ones of today of course they had the apostles guiding them and not everything that Peter and Paul wrote made it into the Bible but the still passed onto the Christian peoples, these traditions continue through the Catholic Church today and are only available to those who rely on Christian History and the Bible, whereas some Churches go with the "Sola Scripture" and are missing out on vital pieces of the Christian faith.

Nicely put!

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 07:20 PM
Dr. Zaius is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Zaius a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Zaius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Thank you! smile

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 09:53 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Thank you! smile

Don't let it go to your head. wink

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 09:54 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Don't let it go to your head. wink

Too Late!

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 10:04 PM
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

So, you don't believe the Bible but claim to be Christian. You're a follower of the Big J for popularity. Cute.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 12:06 AM
reborn_213 is currently offline Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Originally posted by jollyjim311
So, you don't believe the Bible but claim to be Christian. You're a follower of the Big J for popularity. Cute.

Thats not what I said, I said I follow the Bible but recognise that God's Message was spread in other means...I don't know where you pulled the popularity bit from. confused

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 09:10 AM
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

maybe a bit of the track but nevertheless interesting.

If Lucifer is a fallen angel, a Seraphim maybe. And at the Adam and eve temptation bit he was a "serpent" and had to crawl the earth and eat dust after wards etc etc then it is particulary interesting that a Seraph is translated "fiery flying serpent" from the Hebrew and is the word used for the serpents that bit the Israelites in the wilderness. Num. 21:6 "So the Lord sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and many of the people of Israel died."

maybe some alien serpent people are involved in this world, like some conspiracy folk keep mentioning

Old Post Jan 14th, 2008 11:21 AM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deja~vu
Dreamer

It never said in the bible that Lucifer was made into a devil or had a hord of demons, now did it? He was never said to be a Seraphim. T

quote:
"fiery flying serpent" from the Hebrew and is the word used for the serpents that bit the Israelites in the wilderness.
Please pick out that verse so that I may look it up in Hebrew or Greek.

smile

Last edited by Deja~vu on Jan 15th, 2008 at 02:37 AM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2008 02:34 AM
Deja~vu is currently offline Click here to Send Deja~vu a Private Message Find more posts by Deja~vu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

wasn´t the verse mentioned above?

See this here you can also convert to Greek, Hebrew etcsmile

Some more interesting parts.

LINK2

Link 3

Link 4

link 5

Last edited by Bicnarok on Jan 15th, 2008 at 03:29 PM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2008 03:26 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote