KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Lucifer.

Lucifer.
Started by: Freaky Zeeky

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
k00L kiD
life is a dream

quote: (post)
Originally posted by mr.smiley
Theirs a danzig song calle Iluciferi (maybe spelled wrong).It's a song about the fall of satan.

Son of rebelion
Cool parched lungs
Iluciferi damn to exsistance
Iluciferi my blackness ?????

Warm
I'm on a nine day fall
Ilucifer is Warm
I'm only half way warm

Theirs some of the lyrics.

No, I was talking about the song by Jay-Z.
embarrasment

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 11:55 PM
k00L kiD is currently offline Click here to Send k00L kiD a Private Message Find more posts by k00L kiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

Re: Not necessarily

Originally posted by markie
If one is similar to the other one does not have to come from the other. Assuming Adam and eve were the first man and woman whether it was 600 years ago or whenever all stories would have come after him and would logically have eliments of the truth in them.

That's true.However,that doesn't mean the first man and woman where actualy christian.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 01:23 AM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

Originally posted by Freaky Zeeky
No, I was talking about the song by Jay-Z.
embarrasment

I know.I was just showing you another one! big grin

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 01:24 AM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
k00L kiD
life is a dream

big grin

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 05:03 AM
k00L kiD is currently offline Click here to Send k00L kiD a Private Message Find more posts by k00L kiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
k00L kiD
life is a dream

No one want to talk about the devil no more?

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 10:16 PM
finti

why should we talk about a biblical fright

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 10:58 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Satan is the most tragic figure ever!

He was created only to be damned - if god is all knowing and all seeing, then he must have known and saw that Satan would disobay.

There is also something really sinister about the Judeo-Christian and Muslim God. He didnt destroy Satan, he just let them be while he distroy the human kind.

Hmmm....

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Oct 12th, 2005 12:36 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mysparrow

there is indeed a God and a Satan, he was Gods cheif praise angel but in Gods character of being just he also gave the angels free will and the capacity for sin in order to make the choice.. He decided to rebel and has ever since tried to destroy the one thing God loves .............. us .

And just as the angels had free will , so do we , to believe it or not to believe it . When we die we will know the truth, and for some it will be too late . becuase God is above all things HOLY. angel

Old Post Oct 12th, 2005 12:59 PM
mysparrow is currently offline Click here to Send mysparrow a Private Message Find more posts by mysparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Originally posted by mysparrow
there is indeed a God and a Satan,

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." (Isaiah 45:7)

Why would a mighty god want to create evil?...Satan is a man made image...not a true character.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2005 01:27 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King of Blades
The King

Originally posted by finti
...................oh if there was a sataan and it was this gods nemesis . Satan do as it pleases without asking this god a thing

he to be a nemesis he must be God's equal, to which God has none. He is St. Michael's nemesis. But Satan dosn't "ask God For permission, he tries to "gamble" with him.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2005 04:05 PM
King of Blades is currently offline Click here to Send King of Blades a Private Message Find more posts by King of Blades Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crimsonphoenix
Officially Unofficial

God and Satan are laughing at us right now. Saying " These stupid humans are debating again." While they are playing chess and drinking scotch at god's house.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 06:36 PM
crimsonphoenix is currently offline Click here to Send crimsonphoenix a Private Message Find more posts by crimsonphoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King of Blades
The King

Well I wouldn't say that....

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 07:00 PM
King of Blades is currently offline Click here to Send King of Blades a Private Message Find more posts by King of Blades Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
he to be a nemesis he must be God's equal, to which God has none. He is St. Michael's nemesis. But Satan dosn't "ask God For permission, he tries to "gamble" with him.
well satan is gods equal since satan challenge god all the time

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 06:45 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Originally posted by AOR

OH, they play poker.......Now, it's making more since... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 10:35 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King of Blades
The King

well I wouldn't say that. But God has faith in our abilities, like we have faith in him (for those who believe.) God than, to prove of our abilities to satan, allows him to "test" us. In the book of Job, when Satan first "gambled" with God he said that Job wouldn't be faithful if he didn't have material good. So God let Satan take it away, and Job was still faithful. Again Satan continue to add that Job wouldn't be faithful without his loving wife and children, so God let Satan take that away. Even in his most grim hour Job still remained faithful, but Satan still persisted. He said Job wouldn't be faithful without his good health, so God allowed sickness to enter into Job. When Satan ran out of ways to test Job, Job in the end remained faithful and God won the bet. He returned everything to Job 100 fold.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 06:33 PM
whobdamandog
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by finti
well satan is gods equal since satan challenge god all the time

Satan is not God's equal. He is a created being just like man. He was formally an Angel of heaven..known as Lucifer..who fell from God's Grace/Love, upon challenging God's authority.

Why did he challenge God's Authority? Well I can't directly answer that question but many reasons come to my mind. I believe he wanted to be God, unfortunately he didn't realize..that being "God" isn't just about "power/majesty..but also about love/servitude.
As Christ himself showed us..the more power one has..the bigger responsability they have in taking care of the needs of others.

As punishment for his actions Lucifer was cast out of heaven..and forced to dwell on the earth. Apparently after being cast out, God enabled him to have some sort of Dominion/Authority over the earth. It was at that point when man was created...and you all know the story from there.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 07:24 PM
whobdamandog is currently offline Click here to Send whobdamandog a Private Message Find more posts by whobdamandog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

The story of Lucifer being the devil is a misconception. In the book of Isaiah verse 14:12-17 is part of a parable Isaiah for saw the children of Israel saying, that whole vision was about the fall of the Babylonian king, the word Satan in Hebrew translates to adversary,accuser, rival, or opponent. It is used 33 times in the Old testament 17 of those times in the book of jobs which is the onle time Satan becomes a character "ha-Satan" or the adversary which god sent to test jobs nothing more all that other crap is just christian's misconception as always

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 06:27 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

Originally posted by whobdamandog
Satan is not God's equal. He is a created being just like man. He was formally an Angel of heaven..known as Lucifer..who fell from God's Grace/Love, upon challenging God's authority.

Why did he challenge God's Authority? Well I can't directly answer that question but many reasons come to my mind. I believe he wanted to be God, unfortunately he didn't realize..that being "God" isn't just about "power/majesty..but also about love/servitude.
As Christ himself showed us..the more power one has..the bigger responsability they have in taking care of the needs of others.

As punishment for his actions Lucifer was cast out of heaven..and forced to dwell on the earth. Apparently after being cast out, God enabled him to have some sort of Dominion/Authority over the earth. It was at that point when man was created...and you all know the story from there.

wudnt it be better just to admit that you dont know instead of justifying by way of assumptions.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 06:50 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

wasnt lucifer formerly sameal in some traditions.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 06:51 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by leonheartmm
wasnt lucifer formerly sameal in some traditions.

Lucifer means morning star in latin, most likely it derived from ancient sun worship.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 06:57 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote