KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Lucifer.

Lucifer.
Started by: Freaky Zeeky

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
debbiejo
Dreamer

Yes, Venus is the "Morning Star"....Astronomy was big back then...

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 07:22 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Thats because the stars (meaning planets) were the etherial beyond. And they moved which made them way cooler than the "celestial sphere"

Ancient1: Hey, Venus rises in a week.
Ancient2: Time for War!

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 02:18 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bogen

i think he exists but i think he exists for purgatory reasons, if no one is sure of were your supposed to go you get sent back and satan or Lucifer gets to work on you to try and make you sin, i think it's up to you individually to resisit this and try to make good of the time givven to you.
Now having said that i think he exists but probably not in the form that we imagine, it could very well be that he's from another religion, it could be the islamic version we deal with when we die, i mean who's to know which religion is right and true or are they all part of Gods plan to apeal to the different peoples of the world but the fundimetals are or must be the same.

Facebook
Cheers starlock, your a champ. wink

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 04:32 AM
bogen is currently offline Click here to Send bogen a Private Message Find more posts by bogen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Atlantis001
The one without a name

Lucifer symbolizes the birth of the universe, thats why lucifer mean 'light bearer' and thats why it is associated to Venus the "morning star", but it was twisted over time.

Light bearer and venus all refer to birth or creation. Venus is associated to birth and creation, and Lucifer is a personification of Venus. The greek name of Venus, 'Phosphorous' also means 'light bearer'

Last edited by Atlantis001 on Sep 29th, 2006 at 09:01 PM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 08:57 PM
Atlantis001 is currently offline Click here to Send Atlantis001 a Private Message Find more posts by Atlantis001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Grey Fox
Restricted

Account Restricted

Here's a nice point for ya all: Lucifer, Satan & Beelzebub are different beings in religion. They are all different Fallen Angels.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2007 07:17 AM
The Grey Fox is currently offline Click here to Send The Grey Fox a Private Message Find more posts by The Grey Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

i dont think God or Satan excist in any way shape or form

but if God excists then there is as much reason to belive Satan is since its all based on belief anyway, there is no possible facts for either, apart from blaming acts on them, "i stabbed this guy coz Satan made me", " I rescued a dog from the river because God would look kindly upon this act", those sort of things have no proof or evidence, but then neither do God or Satan

infact by reading a lot of these posts in these forums, it sounds like God is the evil one, Satan is the good guy and God is a dark entity who is making us pray to him and such like an arrogent being

Old Post Jul 14th, 2007 08:30 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Grey Fox
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree with you. But attribute good = God, bad = Satan?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2007 08:32 AM
The Grey Fox is currently offline Click here to Send The Grey Fox a Private Message Find more posts by The Grey Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

well God is usually looked upon as "good" and Satan as "bad" ofcourse its all a diffrence point of view and diffrent human morales

Old Post Jul 14th, 2007 08:36 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Grey Fox
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not really. Satan never did anything bad. It's just a hangover from old Christian values.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2007 08:37 AM
Deadline

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Grey Fox
Not really. Satan never did anything bad. It's just a hangover from old Christian values.

Seen that film with Johnny Depp about the devil. Very interseting. Lucifer was just another diety. Much more interesting. All God does is bully you.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2007 08:51 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

well imo God is the bad one, Satan just gets the flak, if you belive the christan point of view of heaven and hell its God who sends you to hell, not Satan, hes just doing his job, its like shooting the delivery man because your pizza was pepperoni instead of meat feast when its the cooks fault

Old Post Jul 14th, 2007 08:51 AM
The Grey Fox
Restricted

Account Restricted

Same here, I agree. Satan is only represented as bad because of Christianities views.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2007 08:52 AM
Deadline

Same here, I agree. Satan is only represented as bad because of Christianities views.

Another religon I find interesting is Luciferanism. Gotia is interesting as well. Basically the concept of demons being not evill and just another group of entities I find interesting as well.

Maybe ive said too much. Im not a freak really.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2007 08:54 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Grey Fox
Restricted

Account Restricted

True as well. I've lately been researching Satanism, and in fact they don't even believe in Satan, he just represents their set of views and morals.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2007 08:55 AM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Alfheim
Another religon I find interesting is Luciferanism. Gotia is interesting as well. Basically the concept of demons being not evill and just another group of entities I find interesting as well.

well yeh it makes sense, their only made out to be evil in stories but if they do excist in truth then its likely their just other entities.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2007 08:55 AM
Deadline

Originally posted by Burning thought
well yeh it makes sense, their only made out to be evil in stories but if they do excist in truth then its likely their just other entities.

Anyway im done with the Alfs too much. thumb up Dwarves and dark alfs seem to be the Norse version of demons. Demons are just shadowy angels. Sorry a bit OT again. Sorry I like talking about this stuff.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2007 08:57 AM
The Grey Fox
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's interesting. Apparantly, Beelzebub would look like a giant fly. Look him up o Wikipedia.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2007 08:59 AM
Deadline

It's interesting. Apparantly, Beelzebub would look like a giant fly. Look him up o Wikipedia.

Yeah I heard something like that yuck. Ewwww nah man *** that. I hate flies. I just saw his pic.

Ok heres a better one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orobas

In demonology, Orobas is a powerful Great Prince of Hell, having twenty legions of demons under his control.

He supposedly gives true answers of things past, present and to come, divinity, and the creation of the world; he also confers dignities and prelacies, and the favour of friends and foes. Orobas is faithful to the conjurer, does not permit that any spirit tempts him, and never deceives anyone.

He is depicted as a horse that changes into a man under the conjurer's request.

cool Badass.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2007 09:05 AM
The Grey Fox
Restricted

Account Restricted

It looks a bit like a Minotaur, but with horse body + head, rather than bull body + head.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2007 09:07 AM
Deadline

It looks a bit like a Minotaur, but with horse body + head, rather than bull body + head.

Yeah but the point is hes not evil. Hes got your back. Thats one demon I would follow.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2007 09:09 AM