KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » What happened to Yoda?!!

What happened to Yoda?!!
Started by: elzzihs

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Somebody

Yeah, I've made this argument before, dude. Yoda-fans have tendancies to ignore that their all powerful lil' Yoda can make mistakes. I don't know. Can't say he was caught off guard. I guess Palpatine's attack just overpowered him.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 06:03 PM
Click here to Send Darth Somebody a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Somebody Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I'd say he was caught off guard. Dark-Side can cloud a Jedi's 'future sense' after all.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 06:15 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

OMG, how do you people sleep at night? or actually enjoy movies if you pick it apart?
He did get his hands up to block it put he simply underestimated the powers of the emperor.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 06:34 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

dude, watch it again. yoda is hit square in the chest.

he was looking right at palpatine as he raised his hands and basically warned him of the attack. the darkside clouds one's intuition, but yoda's eyes and ears work just fine. and from his experience with dooku, i think its a no-brainer for him that when a sith raises his hands at you...BLOCK.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 06:37 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chubbychipmunk
wut goes here?

i know. it's because yoda was so shocked and surprised that he would be doing this so he wasn't thinking

"*laughs*. We got 'em R2"

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 06:49 PM
Click here to Send chubbychipmunk a Private Message Find more posts by chubbychipmunk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Even the mightiest Jedi Master can be caught off guard. Yoda's getting old you know... stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 06:53 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

well he sure didnt show his age in the scenes afterward.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 06:56 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Rankkor
Shikido Master

This will turn AGAIN in a thread such as yoda vs sidious. I can see it coming.

Fear the dark corners

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 07:19 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Rankkor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Rankkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Another Sidious vs. Yoda? Can't you people realize that it's just a movie and George wanted Yoda to get zapped so he knows how it feels?

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 08:13 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kegs202

Well I'll put it down to what Yoda says in ROTJ. To Luke "Do not underestimate the power of the Emperor or suffer your fathers fate you will"
My take is that Yoda thought he could kick palps ass easily but at the last moment realised that this force lightning was way more powerful than what Dooku could throw at him.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 08:16 PM
Click here to Send kegs202 a Private Message Find more posts by kegs202 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
viking12344

I think the point of that scene was to show the viewer that Sidious was equal to if not more powerful than Yoda. I think it also showed Yoda that Sidious was stronger than he thought.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 09:35 PM
Click here to Send viking12344 a Private Message Find more posts by viking12344 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanquish

It has nothing to do with Palps power, or Yoda's mistake. It is simply just a poorly made scene. I'm sure GL wanted it to appear that the fight was back and forth, with both guys getting good shots in and have the duel appear to be an even draw. I think he did a pretty good job of that other then the opening lightning scene.

Oh well, bad choice there by the movie makers. It makes Yoda seem like a pussy. I'm sure even Sith lovers will agree that the scene makes no sense considering how powerful Yoda is. I think they could have come up with a more plausable way for Yoda to take a shot from palpy.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 09:40 PM
Click here to Send Vanquish a Private Message Find more posts by Vanquish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
david flood

so who is really better yoda or vader hehehehe

many thanks to ast for the cool sig

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 09:45 PM
Click here to Send david flood a Private Message Find more posts by david flood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Grasping at pointless stuff in these movies yet again.

threads are going wayyyy downhill...

its a M O V I E !!!!!

MOOOOOVIE....

Movie = Not Real

not real = things happing that are NOT REAL

for the love of god people....

lets discuss things with some relative point.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 10:02 PM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Bondius
Order of the Phoenix Jedi

The movie needed som "drama" in that scene, and the only way Lucas found to get it was slaping the sh!t out of Yoda. Lame sick

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 10:42 PM
Click here to Send General Bondius a Private Message Find more posts by General Bondius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

Lucas is a hack. That pretty much explains everything. He should stop directing and writing and become a visual effects supervisor. He makes stuff look pretty, but thats about it.

"Did Braveheart run away? Did Payback run away?"

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 10:46 PM
Click here to Send Creechuur a Private Message Find more posts by Creechuur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Bondius
Order of the Phoenix Jedi

I completely agree

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 11:24 PM
Click here to Send General Bondius a Private Message Find more posts by General Bondius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Celebrate
Junior Member...go me

in that scene, yoda did get caught off guard, but then sidious was caught off guard when yoda got him back

Anakin: Don't make me destroy you, Master. You're no match for the dark side.
Obi-Wan: I've heard that before, Anakin ... but I never thought I'd hear it from you.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 03:26 AM
Click here to Send Celebrate a Private Message Find more posts by Celebrate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
viking12344

I don't understand how you can call him a hack when the scene disagrees with your vision.

I thought the scene said a ton, in fact, IMO, it was the most symbolic of the whole movie.

Out with the old, in with the new. A change in the balance of power. Just how far the jedi have fallen. Whatever you want to call it, Yoda got trounced.

Again, the scene and the entire battle could have been all that is needed to explain "revenge of the sith". The sith did get their revenge by kicking Yoda's tiny green behind. It was the end of the jedi, in that one scene alone. It showed the great master sucking voltage, not repelling it as he thought he may. Certainly Vader, who was pronounced limbless by Obiwan, did not get his revenge.

Brilliant. Now, I may not agree that GL is without error, but this was one of his best , most powerful scenes in the entire PT.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 04:01 AM
Click here to Send viking12344 a Private Message Find more posts by viking12344 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Grasping at pointless stuff in these movies yet again.

threads are going wayyyy downhill...

its a M O V I E !!!!!

MOOOOOVIE....

Movie = Not Real

not real = things happing that are NOT REAL

for the love of god people....

lets discuss things with some relative point.

1. I'm not sure i understand. You're saying the movie isn't real and we should discuss relative points.....which would be.....what....on a SW forum?

2. I also thought he got caught off-guard meaning that he underestimated Sid's lightning....but even if that were true, he should've at least tried to block it....meh...
However, i now like to think it was a way for GL of saying "Both sides of the force are very powerful." Why you ask? Because Sids uses the lightning on Yoda (one of the most loved things by darkside wetdream fanboys), tosses him down while zapping him, then Yoda uses the force push (one of the lamest things according to darkside wetdream fanboys) and manages to toss Sids across the room and into his chair. Therefore, as i said, i consider it a way of saying both sides are very powerful.

~wickerman~

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 07:11 AM
Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote