KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Sage in the Female Gauntlet

Sage in the Female Gauntlet
Started by: xmarksthespot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

I think animated series Jubilee puts ppl off her, animated series Jubes was kinda annoying.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 09:28 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

quote: (post)
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I think animated series Jubilee puts ppl off her, animated series Jubes was kinda annoying.
That's kinda sad. . . It'd sorta be like hating a 616 character for something that happened in a non-616 world.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 09:30 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

well i think that if she stopped being a teenager when in reality she should be like 25 or something, people would like her more. she doesn't even realize how much potential she has. xavier is afraid she will someday realize what she bcan do. he even told everyone that has ever taught jubilee on her powers that they should never even let junilee realize how powerful she is.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 12:50 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

That's true she should be way older. How old is Franklin Richards now cos little Julie Power from Powerpack is all grown up and quite the hottie. Which is kind of creepy actually. She's Marvel's Alyssa Milano (cept I never saw Who's the Boss (b4 my time) so it's alright with Alyssa.)
Back to topic.
Well she creates plasmoids of energy so I spose if that was fully realised yeh she would be powerful but current Jubes goes down to Sage I have to say. I still haven't decided how far she gets down my list.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:00 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

yeah, jubilee doesn't stand a chance against sage

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:14 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

I actually like Jubilee myself as well. She's actually a lot more powerful than people give her credit for, even right now. At the moment, her powers allow her to freakin SHATTER STEEL with her explosive energy blasts. Hell, I'd say that's pretty good, and she still has SO much potential to become even greater.

On to Sage...hm...

I REALLY want her to make it to Psylocke, but...I just can't seem to figure out how she will beat Shadowcat. I know a lot about Sage, and I know even more about Shadowcat. And my knowledge and instincts tells me that Shadowcat would beat her.

However, if somehow Sage were to win against her, I would say that Sage would make it up to Pslyocke and lose. Good run up to her though.

(There you go, XMarks wink )

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 05:23 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Ah but Sage knows the Xavier Protocols, so she should technically be able to defeat any X-Man given enough prep but is 2 hours prep enough?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 05:29 PM
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

You really think she should be able to beat any X-men with prep? You think she can beat oh...I dunno...Colossus? With prep? How about Storm? Nightcrawler? Just to name a few. I don't see how even prep can help her with them.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 07:02 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

I'd say that although Sage is no precognitive, with the data stored previously in her cyberpathic mind she can anticipate Nightcrawler's movements. I don't know the actual Xavier Protocols so I don't know what he actually cooked up.

Against non-telepaths she could potentially let down her mental shields that protect and reflect psi attacks for the fight. She only lacks active telepathic powers because all of it goes into her impenetrable shields if I recall. That's probably how she'd take down Colossus. Storm is a toughie I'll have to get back to you on her as if they don't fight in an enclosed space Storm's flight simply brings her out of reach, and she holds out well against telepathic attack. (Dunno if she could maintain flight while being psiblasted.)

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 07:21 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by stormfront13
xavier is afraid she will someday realize what she bcan do. he even told everyone that has ever taught jubilee on her powers that they should never even let junilee realize how powerful she is.

And still she lets Jean, Iceman, Storm, Rachel, Cable, X-Man and nearly any other X-Men nowadays to walk around on institute without having guns aimed at them?

That sneaky bastard.

So let's see...all the X-Men can be uber-gods, but Jubilee can't.

Does Xavier resent her? (I don't blame him...I resent her too...but still...)

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 07:26 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piedmon
Saiyajin Quaterback

The Xavier Protocols may require certain implements, such as, perhaps, a sonic cannon for Shadowcat? In that case, it depends on whether or not Sage has access to the proper tools.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 07:42 PM
Piedmon is currently offline Click here to Send Piedmon a Private Message Find more posts by Piedmon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Which is why I gave her the finite prep time of 2 hours. Hmm... let's say she has access to tech at the Xavier Institute.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 07:46 PM
BENITO
Perfect Rolemodel 4 N00bs

Originally posted by Piedmon
And for the record, I like Jubilee.
I do as well she amuses me she adds humour to dark situations

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 04:13 PM
BENITO is currently offline Click here to Send BENITO a Private Message Find more posts by BENITO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Sure, she amuses me too...especially on that time when she was crucified.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 04:44 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Flame

And how does Sage know the protocols again?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 01:25 AM
Cosmic Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Actually I think I just made that assumption now that I think about it smile I really can't think of any evidence to back that up. lol

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 02:46 AM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I'd say that although Sage is no precognitive, with the data stored previously in her cyberpathic mind she can anticipate Nightcrawler's movements. I don't know the actual Xavier Protocols so I don't know what he actually cooked up.

Against non-telepaths she could potentially let down her mental shields that protect and reflect psi attacks for the fight. She only lacks active telepathic powers because all of it goes into her impenetrable shields if I recall. That's probably how she'd take down Colossus. Storm is a toughie I'll have to get back to you on her as if they don't fight in an enclosed space Storm's flight simply brings her out of reach, and she holds out well against telepathic attack. (Dunno if she could maintain flight while being psiblasted.)

Nah she lost the brunt of her telepathic powers due to her battle with elias bogan. Her powers were sacrificed in order for her to be free of his influence

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 03:20 AM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

She just has strong mental defenses available to her as a remainder of her original powers

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 03:21 AM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Oh ok. Thx for the clarification. I got that from someone else posting she had potential active psionic powers.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 03:29 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

What were the Xavier protocals? I only remember one where it shows how to K.O wolverine. Something about a sharp object between his neck bones to sever his spine. If I remember right, Sabretooth shot wolverine with a sniper rifle there before and k.o'd him. Did he have access to the information or something?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 06:44 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote