KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Sage in the Female Gauntlet

Sage in the Female Gauntlet
Started by: xmarksthespot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FieryBalrog
child of the sun

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Creshosk
Not enough people do.

too many. sad no

"Blood and flame and sacrifice..."

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 06:47 AM
FieryBalrog is currently offline Click here to Send FieryBalrog a Private Message Find more posts by FieryBalrog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

I figure Sage could probably come up with her own protocols and that they'd probably be better than Xavier's laughing out loud

Kitty's is probably her vulnerability to adamantium. (Which I think they just put in so that she a) has at least one vulnerabilty like giving Superman a vulnerability to kryptonite and b) has a vulnerabilty specific to Wolverine.)

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 06:50 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Most likely (b.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 03:04 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

bump

Cos I want 50 replies laughing out loud

I'll play devil's advocate and say she kills them all. big grin

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 04:30 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Flame

The Xavier Protocols were a record Professor X kept of how to disable any and all X-Men (supposedly), including himself. They made their first appearance during Onslaught, I think.

BTW, what Psylocke are we talking about-TP or TK?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 03:42 AM
Cosmic Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

TP Psylocke.
With Sage's analytical capabilities of data shouldn't she be able to come up with better Protocols than Prof X?
Was the "folding in" of her TP powers to protect against Elias Bogan a one-off and irreversible thing?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 03:46 AM
Cosmic Flame

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
TP Psylocke.
With Sage's analytical capabilities of data shouldn't she be able to come up with better Protocols than Prof X?
Was the "folding in" of her TP powers to protect against Elias Bogan a one-off and irreversible thing?

I don't think so. Sage's analysis is usually based on information on hand. She has only limited experience with the X-Men, whereas Xavier knows them inside and out.

BTW, Sage's mind isn't totally impenetrable. Remember when she and Bishop went to the mansion and the students took them for a ride?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 03:53 AM
Cosmic Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
I don't think so. Sage's analysis is usually based on information on hand. She has only limited experience with the X-Men, whereas Xavier knows them inside and out.

She's had access to Cerebra though, and any information that she's ever come across is technically information on hand because of her limitless capacity and instant recall.

Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
BTW, Sage's mind isn't totally impenetrable. Remember when she and Bishop went to the mansion and the students took them for a ride?

Hey that's true. She can block Bogan who manages to take over Rachel Summers but not a bunch of kids? What the f**k?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 04:02 AM
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

No offense, Xmarks, but I think you're giving Sage just a liiittle too much credit. Don't get me wrong, I like Sage and think she is REALLY powerful, but just the knowledge of how to defeat everyone is different than actually being able to perform these feats.

Sage's telepathy is gone because of Bogan, so Colossus or anything other super-strength-oriented character would have no problem with her.

Unless you are a telepath or a psychic, there is NO WAY to predict where Nightcrawler will teleport to. He is always (Unless he chooses not to be) completely random with his ports in order to confuse his opponent.

And I still don't see how Sage would beat Shadowcat. (Shadowcat has NO problem with Adamantium.)

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 07:07 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

lol I know I'm prolly giving her too much credit.

I asked about whether the folding in of her powers to block Bogan was a permanent and one-off thing but didn't get a conclusive answer. I'm guessing that it is? So yeh she's not likely to take down super-strengths.

Everyone keeps saying Shadowcat does have an adamantium weakness. (if she does its so just an arbitrary weakness designed to make her vulnerable to Wolverine.)

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 07:13 PM
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

She has fought Wolverine before, when she was under mind control. She was easily able to phase through Wolvie. So unless that comic lied to me, she has no problem phasing through Adamantium, dense or not.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 07:28 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

laughing out loud I know but apparently it hurts her now *cough*crappy plot device*cough*

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 07:32 PM
stormfront13

yeah, x-23 phased through her, and kitty almost fainted saying that adamantium is too dense for her to phase through. maybe it was bone-claw wolverine in the comic

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 01:06 AM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Not the one I'm thinking of. I'm not calling you a liar or anything, really. I believe that that did happen, but I also know what happened with Wolverine. Adamantium-clawed Wolverine at that.

I dunno, must be something they did to her later in life so she wouldn't be able to defeat Wolverine or something. Can't have a girl be able to beat the Almighty Wolverine ya know.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 12:53 PM
stormfront13

yeah

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 04:42 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bitca360
Mutate #20

I think that if she gets through Psylocke, then she makes it to Black Widow... everyone else is capable of long distance, ranged, raw power attacks...

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 04:59 AM
bitca360 is currently offline Click here to Send bitca360 a Private Message Find more posts by bitca360 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thunderstrike
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Sure, she amuses me too...especially on that time when she was crucified.

What the heck? When did that happen?

My sigs. | Slade Explained| Respect Beta Ray |Respect Thor | Sheer idiocy

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 06:19 AM
Thunderstrike is currently offline Click here to Send Thunderstrike a Private Message Find more posts by Thunderstrike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Jubilee takes her out. And I'm being serious.

Jubes is severely underrated around here. She could just let out one giant blast of energy and take otu Sage. And Jubes is no slouch in the martial arts department either. Though really, it won't even come to that. Jubilee can definitely take out Sage.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2006 12:25 AM
phase

How does sage beat shadowcat, coz when phased telepathy has a weaker effect, so sage cnt do much to hurt kitty

Old Post Apr 13th, 2006 10:22 PM
phase is currently offline Click here to Send phase a Private Message Find more posts by phase Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote