KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Zeus(Marvel) VS. Superman

Zeus(Marvel) VS. Superman
Started by: Sentry

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DrDoom
I STILL find it funny that Sentry is hating on Superman...while he's named after a Marvel character that is a blatant ripoff. How can you like a ripoff of a character--but hate the very person that inspired his creation?

I think Sent has potential--but he hasn't DONE anything yet! You don't see Nightwing going "Superman is so cool, I remember when he stalemated three of the Oan guardians." Or "Superman is immortal, he has infinite power."

It's show, not tell...and Supes has been showing people for decades why he's the world's top superhero.

What? Not done anything yet?

He stopped the Void. What were earth heroes doing?

Cowering like little school girls in fear.

Hating on Superman?

I posted it to prove points. This guy said:

quote:
Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
Nobody can compete with superman hes to powerful and has too many powers.

Blatant rip off? Opinions Vary. And yours means to me.

smokin'

Oh, I've told a 2 people why I put whirly on my ignore list via private message. Other than that, I'm not putting anyone else on there.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 09:43 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol nutter

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 09:45 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DrDoom

Originally posted by Sentry
What? Not done anything yet?

He stopped the Void. What were earth heroes doing?

Cowering like little school girls in fear.

Hating on Superman?

I posted it to prove points. This guy said:

Blatant rip off? Opinions Vary. And yours means to me.

smokin'

Oh, I've told a 2 people why I put whirly on my ignore list via private message. Other than that, I'm not putting anyone else on there.

So...one blatant DC fanboy shoots off at the mouth and you go on a Superman hate fest? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Opinions vary on Sentry being a Superman ripoff??
Your denial sustains me...

Oh, and the gag is getting old...like, "I'm Rick James *****!!" old.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 09:56 PM
DrDoom is currently offline Click here to Send DrDoom a Private Message Find more posts by DrDoom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DrDoom
So...one blatant DC fanboy shoots off at the mouth and you go on a Superman hate fest? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Opinions vary on Sentry being a Superman ripoff??
Your denial sustains me...

Oh, and the gag is getting old...like, "I'm Rick James *****!!" old.

Actually I read a lot of Marvel and Indies as well as you will find out my friend when you read a lot of my other posts big grin but its ok over the fanboy comment its an easy mistake.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 09:58 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DrDoom

You're JediMasterLuke5 too?? confused

I was talking about the guy whose quotes he was using as ammo. Not you Oh Whirly one...

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 10:10 PM
DrDoom is currently offline Click here to Send DrDoom a Private Message Find more posts by DrDoom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not i'm not, sorry DD, am I forgiven big grin

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 10:11 PM
DrDoom

No prob, it's good to be paranoid...just ask Batman.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 10:14 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Worried

heheh. and fascinating stuff, whirly. i'd never heard of miracleman/marvelman. you got any of those original issues? good stuff, as usual. i've read some v is for vendetta. good stuff. i've never been a HUGE fan of moore, though i respect what he's done for the industry.

by the way, i wonder whom sentry told his reasons to . . .

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 11:56 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by leonidas
heheh. and fascinating stuff, whirly. i'd never heard of miracleman/marvelman. you got any of those original issues? good stuff, as usual. i've read some v is for vendetta. good stuff. i've never been a HUGE fan of moore, though i respect what he's done for the industry.

by the way, i wonder whom sentry told his reasons to . . .

God knows who he is talking to Leo he is completely unhinged lately imo laughing out loud

Yes I have all of the Black and White UK originals in Warrior and the entire run of Eclipse reprints of Warrior right through to Gaimans run.
Miracleman redefined comics, if you asked comics writers they would tell you so. I also have all the trades, look up how much they are worth on ebay big grin thanks to idiot Mcfarlane. However I hope they do get reprinted as a whole generation is missing something so special Leo big grin

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 03:46 PM
olympian

Well im new to this board and already had a laught with a thread like this wink

Also nice to know a miracleman fan, hes one of the characters that should be published again if not for.....burocricy and mad creators stick out tongue

Any idea if they are going to be published again? I know marvel had ideias about it some time ago....

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:41 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

zeus ftw

thank u bz

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 09:47 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-Block

This wouldn't be a fight at all. Zeus wins with ease.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 10:51 AM
D-Block is currently offline Click here to Send D-Block a Private Message Find more posts by D-Block Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
norrinradd43
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Marvel Zeus ftw

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 01:08 PM
norrinradd43 is currently offline Click here to Send norrinradd43 a Private Message Find more posts by norrinradd43 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Torquasm-Vo for the win.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 03:14 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam Warlock

Marvel's version. This one:

(please log in to view the image)

Zeus is right there under LT.
thumb up zeus wins

I have returned

Old Post May 24th, 2010 11:22 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Spite.

Old Post May 25th, 2010 12:41 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Zeus wins.

Old Post May 25th, 2010 01:26 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Spite.

By Stoic

Old Post May 25th, 2010 02:29 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Of course it's spite.

Adam Warlock was one of the forum's biggest Superman haters of all time.

Old Post May 25th, 2010 02:41 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MasterMyOwnMind
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well your quote was wrong.

Old Post May 25th, 2010 10:37 AM
MasterMyOwnMind is currently offline Click here to Send MasterMyOwnMind a Private Message Find more posts by MasterMyOwnMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote