KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman is the best character EVER!

Superman is the best character EVER!
Started by: Leafar

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mainstream
lighting the way

Batman more than just a man he's a legend but Superman cool too.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 06:23 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tpaquin
The Guy With the Gun

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mr Parker
I think I will keep posting in this thread since that other thread keeps coming back.Your kidding right? the new movie wont even come close to bringing the magic to the screen that Superman the movie did in 1978.That is so stupid for them to restart the franchise like they did with Batman.Batman it was needed to restart it since the previous other four Batman films were all horrible.But Superman is by far the best comicbook movie brought to the screen.Hands down no contest.Wtf are they doing trying to restart the Superman franchise when they dont need to when they already made two magical Superman movies. mad

If not for the character of Superman,we never would have gotten Smallville,one of my favorite tv shows of all time.Superman is an awesome character.

I was under the impression taht this filmsimply erased the memory of Superman 3 and Superman 4, while being a direct sequel to #2(the best of the four films). Perhaps I was wrong.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 06:32 PM
tpaquin is currently offline Click here to Send tpaquin a Private Message Find more posts by tpaquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grammaton
.-'Cleric'-.

No your right I think. It has somthing to do with Superman dissapearing after defeating General Zod (which was number 2) - I think it disregards Superman 3 & 4.

-
"Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a God."

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 11:57 PM
Grammaton is currently offline Click here to Send Grammaton a Private Message Find more posts by Grammaton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by alexanderluthor

What?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 12:14 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thezenbrawler

thats the problem, dc charachters are too iconic, theyre the hero before the CHARACHTER. the best Charachter would probably be wolverine, just because he has real problems, controlling his animal nature, coping with his past, fallen love interests, etc. spiderman is one dimensional, just kinda always smilin and crackin one liners, hes a great charachter, but wolverine is the best CHARACHTER in comics today

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 10:58 AM
thezenbrawler is currently offline Click here to Send thezenbrawler a Private Message Find more posts by thezenbrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thezenbrawler

... and when did this become a film thread

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 10:58 AM
thezenbrawler is currently offline Click here to Send thezenbrawler a Private Message Find more posts by thezenbrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Originally posted by pr1983
I don't believe he is the best or the worst... but i'd say he's closer to the top than the bottom of the ladder...

Interesting appraisal. I tend to agree except on a scale from -10 to 10, with 0 being neutral, I'd only have him around 3 to 4 or so.

McDonald's is iconic too, doesn't make it gourmet food.

The movies (1 and 2) and Christopher Reeve's portrayal are what drives nostalgia for the character, for me at least.

(BTW it's probably been brought up before and I'm not knocking the movies they were great but did anyone notice the blatant product placement when they first watched it. Supes is thrown into a Marlboro truck and then a Marlboro billboard laughing out loud I'm sure I saw the word Marlboro a couple dozen times)

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 11:23 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grammaton
.-'Cleric'-.

lol big grin

-
"Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a God."

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 12:35 AM
Grammaton is currently offline Click here to Send Grammaton a Private Message Find more posts by Grammaton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Interesting appraisal. I tend to agree except on a scale from -10 to 10, with 0 being neutral, I'd only have him around 3 to 4 or so.

McDonald's is iconic too, doesn't make it gourmet food.

The movies (1 and 2) and Christopher Reeve's portrayal are what drives nostalgia for the character, for me at least.

(BTW it's probably been brought up before and I'm not knocking the movies they were great but did anyone notice the blatant product placement when they first watched it. Supes is thrown into a Marlboro truck and then a Marlboro billboard laughing out loud I'm sure I saw the word Marlboro a couple dozen times)

laughing

Well honestly...

ive been reading the lst few comics, written by Verheiden... alot of it is narrative by Lois, and i found it incredibly inciteful...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 12:38 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thezenbrawler

superman still isnt a great CHARACHTER, but good for lois lane though

Old Post Aug 14th, 2005 04:34 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by thezenbrawler
superman still isnt a great CHARACHTER, but good for lois lane though

i disagree... i actually disliked him for a while, but started to read the comics again... very good stuff imo...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 14th, 2005 06:55 PM
Bardock42

Originally posted by thezenbrawler
thats the problem, dc charachters are too iconic, theyre the hero before the CHARACHTER. the best Charachter would probably be wolverine, just because he has real problems, controlling his animal nature, coping with his past, fallen love interests, etc. spiderman is one dimensional, just kinda always smilin and crackin one liners, hes a great charachter, but wolverine is the best CHARACHTER in comics today

You don't know much aboot Batman do you? ....Yes Wolverine was great ..not sure aboot now but he used to be really good....

I don't believe he is the best or the worst... but i'd say he's closer to the top than the bottom of the ladder...

I don't believe he is the best or the worst... but i'd say he's closer to the bottom than the top of the ladder...

As for The Movies.....the one with the Black programmer just was freaking funny.....I loved that one....the one with the Kryptonians.....lame really...and where did he get all this strange superpowers from.....I would have hoped that they'd at least base him on the new...less moonpushing Superman after the Crisis.....but ok......

Last edited by Bardock42 on Aug 15th, 2005 at 11:06 PM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 10:58 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Bardock42
You don't know much aboot Batan do you? ....Yes Wolverine was great ..not sure aboot now but he used to be really good....

I don't believe he is the best or the worst... but i'd say he's closer to the bottom than the top of the ladder...

As for The Movies.....the one with the Black programmer just was freaking funny.....I loved that one....the one with the Kryptonians.....lame really...and where did he get all this strange superpowers from.....I would have hoped that they'd at least base him on the new...less moonpushing Superman after the Crisis.....but ok......

when was the movie made?

and if u read recent comics i think you'd change your tune...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 11:01 PM
Bardock42

when was the movie made?

and if u read recent comics i think you'd change your tune...

That's what I am saying...the new movie doesn't need to be based on the Pre-Crisis Superman or the first two movies for that matter....

Well I don't really think so...I can't stand Superman either way...but I will look into it....not sure if the ones you are talkignaboot are out yet though...

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 11:10 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Bardock42
That's what I am saying...the new movie doesn't need to be based on the Pre-Crisis Superman or the first two movies for that matter....

Well I don't really think so...I can't stand Superman either way...but I will look into it....not sure if the ones you are talkignaboot are out yet though...

Yeah, i see what you mean...

Well i've read them... superman v2, from #204 onwards... #217 is when it really gets good imo...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 11:15 PM
Femi32

If not for the character of Superman,we never would have gotten Smallville,one of my favorite tv shows of all time.Superman is an awesome character.

Agreed

Last edited by Femi32 on Mar 7th, 2006 at 06:48 AM

Old Post Mar 7th, 2006 06:45 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Question: I still have not heard anything conclusive on Superman Returns Being based in Pre-Crisis, or Post-Crisis times. Or, at least his powers being Pre-Crisis or Post-Crisis.

Now I know its a "sequel" to movies that were Pre-Crisis, but does that mean that Superman Returns will be Pre-Crisis too?

I hope not...

Or rather, I hope his powers are not Pre-Crisis powers...

erm

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Mar 7th, 2006 07:47 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

I think I will keep posting in this thread since that other thread keeps coming back.Your kidding right? the new movie wont even come close to bringing the magic to the screen that Superman the movie did in 1978.That is so stupid for them to restart the franchise like they did with Batman.Batman it was needed to restart it since the previous other four Batman films were all horrible.But Superman is by far the best comicbook movie brought to the screen.Hands down no contest.Wtf are they doing trying to restart the Superman franchise when they dont need to when they already made two magical Superman movies. mad

What are you a time traveler with down syndrome? I'm assuming you traveled through the space/time continum and and got off in June 2006 just in time to catch Superman Returns and came back and wrote this bizzare post.

Magical.? Please. A new Superman movie is Due. And now is the best time for the Ultimate Superhero to claim the comicbook movie world. it's time for "Spiderman" to get lorded over.

Comicbook movies are the best thing now. It's only right for the Man of Steel to Return .

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Mar 8th, 2006 10:48 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

yeah...i think this movies is gonna be great, but the game

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 07:52 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

Superman imo isn't the best character. He is however the first superhero, and the icon because of that fact. The best character varies according to tastes. My favorite is Batman, yours may be Superman, but to say he exceeds all other creations is only applicable to your tastes. I prefer Orion to Superman when it comes to big brawler types, yet i fear his potential will never be fully realized. So i'd nix the superman is the best character bloat, and admit he is an important one, both inside and out of comicbooks.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 10:14 PM
UniOmni is currently offline Click here to Send UniOmni a Private Message Find more posts by UniOmni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote