KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman is the best character EVER!

Superman is the best character EVER!
Started by: Leafar

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mindship
Snap out of it.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Question: I still have not heard anything conclusive on Superman Returns Being based in Pre-Crisis, or Post-Crisis times. Or, at least his powers being Pre-Crisis or Post-Crisis.

Now I know its a "sequel" to movies that were Pre-Crisis, but does that mean that Superman Returns will be Pre-Crisis too?

I hope not...

Or rather, I hope his powers are not Pre-Crisis powers...

erm

Good point.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 10:35 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GODOFALL1

Superman is not best character ever. He has weaknesses mentally and physically. There are many other characters that are way cooler and WAY stronger.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 10:17 PM
GODOFALL1 is currently offline Click here to Send GODOFALL1 a Private Message Find more posts by GODOFALL1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

I think, before many of you speak, you need, or perhaps better said, the author of the thread needs to clarify what "best" means. Is is skills/powers? Is it popularity? Is it dollars in the marketplace?....etc, etc..etc.

My personal opinion....

Best powers? No; near the top, yes (of non celestials/skyfathers).

The comic book hero who's made more $more$ than any other? Yes.

The standard by which all others are judged? Yes.

The most popular superhero? Yes.

Sum them all up...and yes, whether you like it or not, Superman is the best in a "generic sense". This include Bats and Spidey, who are close seconds.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 10:32 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was watching King Kong yesterday and a thought came to me as the movie began...It would be awesome to have had a new Superman movie set on that time where it belongs. I have the very first series from 1948 (1938 comics) and there is Clark Kent! The episodes are very low grade of credibility when he uses his powers but it's a cool adventure.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 12:58 AM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
superman41082

Superman is the best character ever, because he is the exact essence of a hero. No one comes close. I love lots of characters, but Superman brings a tear to my eye and that's no joke! Superman is the light......

Old Post Apr 27th, 2006 03:54 AM
superman41082 is currently offline Click here to Send superman41082 a Private Message Find more posts by superman41082 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

How a pair of glasses make great difference! This is real!!! Totally different.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2006 07:35 AM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GODOFALL1

Superman got drunk in Superman III and hurt a lot of innocent people. Hes also been bad in the comics and wasn't there some comic, Armageddon or something where kills a whole bunch of people? Anyway, Supes is cool and is the most popular. I define "best" as being the baddest and toughest and strongest and best fighter in the universe and also pure of mind and body. Superman is none of these. So he is not the best......

Old Post May 25th, 2006 05:53 PM
GODOFALL1 is currently offline Click here to Send GODOFALL1 a Private Message Find more posts by GODOFALL1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GODOFALL1

He's got too many weaknesses as well. I mean if you're gonna count what someone is born with or training involved and no superpowers, then Batman is WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY more best than Superman. He doesn't even have superpowers and he's AWESOME. I think he took out Superman in the comics too, didn't he? smile

Old Post May 25th, 2006 05:54 PM