KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Hulk, Thor, and Gladiator vs. Doomsday, Darkseid, and Solomon Grundy

Hulk, Thor, and Gladiator vs. Doomsday, Darkseid, and Solomon Grundy
Started by: Dark Thor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Flying past the moon takes much less time than flying to the sun. My eyes are wide open. They are obviously closer to the sun than Earth is, but gauging the size of the sun in that picture, they can't be any closer than the relative distance of Venus.
Look closer. The third panel shows them flying right up to it. And in one panel you can see a yellow glow around Superman.

What do you suppose that yellow glow is?

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 05:56 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

Originally posted by snoopdogg
Look closer. The third panel shows them flying right up to it. And in one panel you can see a yellow glow around Superman.

What do you suppose that yellow glow is?

Does it matter? They may be flying towards it, but obviously haven't reached the sun.

Ok, I'll bite. roll eyes (sarcastic) What is the yellow glow around Superman?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 06:00 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Does it matter? They obviously haven't reached the sun.
Well I won this one.

Lets move on to this pic.(The first one didnt come out).

Superman has to stop the Cannibal planet from eating the Sun and causing global warming on earth and has mere minutes to stop him.

Attachment: superman hauling ass again3.jpg
This has been downloaded 50 time(s).

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 06:02 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

Of course you've won, in your mind. Regardless of what I think, your opinion is indisputable... in your mind.

The second picture is rather convincing. Thing is, I don't see Superman reaching the sun in the scan, or anything designating the period of time in which Superman makes this journey.

I haven't seen any evidence that proves beyond reasonable doubt that Superman is faster than light. I have, however, seen Superman state that he is not faster than light.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 06:15 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Of course you've won, in your mind. Regardless of what I think, your opinion is indisputable... in your mind.

The second picture is rather convincing. Thing is, I don't see Superman reaching the sun in the scan, or anything designating the period of time in which Superman makes this journey.

I haven't seen any evidence that proves beyond reasonable doubt that Superman is faster than light. I have, however, seen Superman state that he is not faster than light.
Well the he did reach the Sun casue thats where Cannibal plant was.

As far as the time goes it wasnt stated but the Earth was starting to freeze over and Superman had to fly to the Sun to deal with it.

kgkg did post a good scan but did not give a issue #. When he does that ill investigate it closer.

But as of right now there is evidence suggesting that Superman can very well fly FTL in space.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 06:19 AM
Cosmic Cube

Originally posted by snoopdogg
Well the he did reach the Sun casue thats where Cannibal plant was.

As far as the time goes it wasnt stated but the Earth was starting to freeze over and Superman had to fly to the Sun to deal with it.

kgkg did post a good scan but did not give a issue #. When he does that ill investigate it closer.

But as of right now there is evidence suggesting that Superman can very well fly FTL in space.

Suggesting. I can agree with that. Evidence proving it has yet to be unearthed.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 06:24 AM
skizo

Superman blocked the omega effect with heat vision??? Wtf is that sh*t!?!!?!

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 07:54 AM
skizo is currently offline Click here to Send skizo a Private Message Find more posts by skizo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by kgkg
How do you know he didn't rip space?

And he says he would rip space in other times.

Like I said superman can rip space, he has done it without going light speed.

But he cannot go light speed without ripping space ( fact)
Why does he rip space and nobody else does it?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 02:49 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

<<Superman blocked the omega effect with heat vision??? Wtf is that sh*t!?!!?!>>

yep. i feel your pain.

<<Could you try quantifying Superman's strength? As far as I know, his greatest feat was pushing War World into a Boom Tube. True, he was capable of containing a miniature black hole in his hands for a short time, but that's more of a feat of durability than physical strength.>>

i will try over the next little while. i'm gonna have to make a run to my brother's house to get the rest of my books and i'll see what i can find. for now, it's simply an opinion, backed up by disputable facts. i'll see if i can find something that might be more convincing. probably will be tough though to find INDISPUTABLE proof, though - for either one.

<<Gladiator was able to swim through a star without the luxury of a solar energy absorbing bio-matrix. I think he's well within Superman's class of durability,>>

i agree. their durability is likely very close. i said i don't think glads is BEYOND supes - or if it is, the difference is negligible (sp??) my point was anything capable of breaking supes arm so easily, could also break glads' arm.

<<Pre-crisis Superman was written well?>>

there were rare occasions . . . the end of crisis was a great one, where he went one on one with anti-monitor for a prolonged time! but there were many others.

and kg, black adam was also magical and equal to cm who has typically been shown to be near supe level. and magic bothered pre-c supes more than the current supes. NO ONE was equal to pre-c supes consistently though. he did ridiculously stupid things - was literally capable of nearly ANY feat. he was also capable of losing to a number of silly foes because to have him win all the time would be useless. you've got to know this is true. glads is about the level of current supes - pre-c supes was, at times, waaayyyyy beyond both.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 02:58 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

<<Why does he rip space and nobody else does it?>>

that's a great question, snoop. i've been wondering about that. who else is FTL in dc, besides flash with speed force? can ANYONE in dc go FTL?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 02:59 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Originally posted by leonidas
that's a great question, snoop. i've been wondering about that. who else is FTL in dc, besides flash with speed force? can ANYONE in dc go FTL?

HAL CAN!!!! Happy Dance

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 03:02 PM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pre-crisis was often written well unless Captain Strong or Vartox were guest stars big grin

Supes blocks the omega affect as Heat Vision is a psionic manifestation of his power like Superboys tactile telekinesis, and like all Supes powers has been getting an upgrade recently big grin

Keep the faith

Stay Wh Wh Wh Whirly guys smile

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 03:03 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
supremthor

WHY IS THAT EVERY SINGEL BATTEL IN THIS FORUMS ALWAYS END UP INVOLVING SUPERMAN IS SOMEWAY? EVEN IF HE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 03:33 PM
supremthor is currently offline Click here to Send supremthor a Private Message Find more posts by supremthor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

talk louder, i can't hear you. smile

and it's because supes has fought all these guys, and has had many x-overs so judging how supes has done against them helps compare how others might do against them.

and because supes rox!

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 11:00 PM