KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Would The Matrix have been better If there where no sequals.

Would The Matrix have been better If there where no sequals.
Started by: Grand Moff Gav,

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dgeniu

The first Matrix is pretty much a complete story - Smith explodes and Neo explains that he stays behind explaining that he aims to show those people a world without boundaies (aka to free them), an idea reassured by the ending scene with the 'System Failure' message.

I agree that the second Matrix was nice, but the third ruined it all! It`s so disappointing - Trin dies, Neo transforms into ... light ... I guess...

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 12:18 PM
dgeniu is currently offline Click here to Send dgeniu a Private Message Find more posts by dgeniu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vim
ILFTKYS

I agree that the first movie was complete in and of itself. In fact the very first time I saw the movie, I thought to myself, after Neo flew off, he went on to destroy the machines and eventually humanity became what it once was. Then Reloaded and Revolutions came along, as one long movie remember? They changed my perspective on filmmaking in general, especially Revolutions. The war was ended, but did they really win? You know what I mean? They're still gonna be living the same way, just without the threat of annhilation. I expected and clear "Humans win!" ending, and instead got something that was thought provoking. ON that point, I felt reloaded was very thought provoking, making facts like there were more ones before Neo, setting up more controls that the humans didn't even knew existed! Revolutions was just a contiuation of reloaded, no need to delve deeper into the rabbit hole, things were already set into motion from reloaded. I enjoyed The Matrix it was possibly the best piece of cinema I have seen since I have been alive. Reloaded and Revolutions didn't live up to the originality, but it continued the story, which I didn't mind.

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Old Post Oct 31st, 2005 01:43 PM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

The endings may no have been crowd-pleasingly spectacular, but they were unique.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 01:03 AM
mailedbypostman is currently offline Click here to Send mailedbypostman a Private Message Find more posts by mailedbypostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spoof

I think they made the Matrix as it was supposed to be made..think about it:

Matrix one: was about birth
Matrix two: was about life
Matrix three: was about death

It all makes sense.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2006 06:01 PM
Spoof is currently offline Click here to Send Spoof a Private Message Find more posts by Spoof Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

It would have been better.

http://thewilloftheforce.webs.com/

Old Post May 23rd, 2009 10:53 AM
DarthLazious is currently offline Click here to Send DarthLazious a Private Message Find more posts by DarthLazious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

The franchise perhaps but the film stands alone as being a great movie. Nothing can change that.

Old Post May 25th, 2009 01:13 AM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gobstakid777
Restricted

Account Restricted

hell no. i seriously don't understand why people hate on the matrix sequels.all three of them were excellent films,no plot holes,good cast and acting,good plot,good effects.what's not to love

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 06:18 AM
gobstakid777 is currently offline Click here to Send gobstakid777 a Private Message Find more posts by gobstakid777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
teamB_macro

wow it'd been 10 years since the first one. it was a blast. of course it needed sequels.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 05:41 AM
teamB_macro is currently offline Click here to Send teamB_macro a Private Message Find more posts by teamB_macro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
max314
Weapon of MAX Destruction

Just joined and, being a massive Matrix fan, I sought out the Matrix forum first!

So as to provoke discussion, you can check out my reviews for all three films in my sig.

I don't believe the 'sequels' were really sequels at all. They were continuations of an existing story. The way I think of it, The Matrix is Neo's origin story whilst Reloaded and Revolutions are his journey as a superhero. The film also deals with incredibly complex themes and ideas and does it all while waving the banner of an action adventure sci-fi movie.

The trilogy truly is a misunderstood modern masterpiece.

MAX

REVIEWS: The Adversary (Ray, 1972) | J.C.V.D. (Mechri, 2008) | Mission: Impossible (De Palma, 1996) | The Matrix (Wachowski, 1999) | The Matrix Reloaded (Wachowski, 2003) | The Matrix Revolutions (Wachowski, 2003)

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 09:31 PM
max314 is currently offline Click here to Send max314 a Private Message Find more posts by max314 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

The sequels were worth watching but they killed the mystery in the original's storyline (one of the best things of the first movie).

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2009 01:04 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lime
Citrus Flavour

Yea the first one just had something I loved the movie, but i didn't hate on the sequels either but i just think the first was the best out of the three.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2009 10:14 PM
Lime is currently offline Click here to Send Lime a Private Message Find more posts by Lime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote