KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Mary Jane must be played by another actress

Mary Jane must be played by another actress
Started by: K3VIL

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kovacs86

Eh?

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 05:37 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cascador

Doc Ock means that she will be dead in the next film or at least that he wants her dead lol

"The greatest hero is the one who learns to face his fears and overconquers it!"

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 06:48 PM
Cascador is currently offline Click here to Send Cascador a Private Message Find more posts by Cascador Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

LOL, I like KD, give her some slack, will ya? Or even cut it...

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 07:19 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

kirsten dunst is fugly and a terrible actress

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 09:16 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpyCspider

i thot she was OK the first time we meet her as a high schooler....but then as the story progressed, i became less thrilled by her appearance...

By the time the 2nd one rolled around, I was thinking "no way in hell can she be the hot supermodel/actress" that she's made out to be in the comics

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 10:47 PM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silverstein
kirsten dunst is fugly and a terrible actress

yeah she was okay looking in the first film but god she was such an ugly dog in the second one,kirsten dunst was the worst thing about the second film. mad Her horrible acting of not portraying the character properly though and acting much more like gwen stacy instead of mary jane in the films cant be all blamed on her though.Raimi is the one to take most the blame for that.as you are aware,Raimi has been clueless about the spiderman movies.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 11:20 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Adam Warlock
A better look at Isla Fisher:

(please log in to view the image)

damn she would have been a perfect MJ.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 11:20 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cascador

I dont think a girl like her would hook up with a guy like tobey mguire lol

"The greatest hero is the one who learns to face his fears and overconquers it!"

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 11:31 PM
Cascador is currently offline Click here to Send Cascador a Private Message Find more posts by Cascador Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

LOL.your probably right. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2006 12:09 AM
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

laughing

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2006 02:38 AM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
atharpina

You guys are mean.

That girl would make a good MJ though!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2006 04:00 AM
atharpina is currently offline Click here to Send atharpina a Private Message Find more posts by atharpina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpyCspider

hahah yea sorry Atharpina, we are mean...but it's a just criticism.

it's funny..cuz you hear a lotta guys (nonfans as well) talk about hot girls as love interests for superhero/comic movies all the time (Natalie Portman-Padme, Michelle Pfeiffer-Catwoman, Kim Basinger-Vicki Vale, etc) but i've NEVER once heard a guy say "man, Kirsten Dunst was so hot as Spider-man's girlfriend Mary Jane...

Black Cat called her "Mary Plain" in one of the comics. Fits well with Dunst's portrayal.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2006 07:04 AM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by SpyCspider
hahah yea sorry Atharpina, we are mean...but it's a just criticism.

it's funny..cuz you hear a lotta guys (nonfans as well) talk about hot girls as love interests for superhero/comic movies all the time (Natalie Portman-Padme, Michelle Pfeiffer-Catwoman, Kim Basinger-Vicki Vale, etc) but i've NEVER once heard a guy say "man, Kirsten Dunst was so hot as Spider-man's girlfriend Mary Jane...

Black Cat called her "Mary Plain" in one of the comics. Fits well with Dunst's portrayal.

thats a good point.You know all too well SpyCspider that I hate the Burton Batman movies as strongly as much as I do these movies but the only thing that made the Burton Batman movies worth sitting through were the scenes with Kim Basinger and Michelle Phieffer in them and like you said,there have been tons of people over the years say Basinger was hot or Phieffer was hot in the batman movies but like you,I have never heard anybody over the years on message boards ay they thought Dunst was Hot in the man-spider movies.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2006 06:34 PM
Stoic
Avenger

I wrote in another thread that Tobey looks great as Spiderman, and that I couldn't come up with anyone better, I also said that MJ was my main concern, the MJ of the 80's was designed to look like Cindy Crawford, picture here:
http://www.voodoo.cz/cc/swim/CCS008.JPG
But what about Scarlet Johanson? she's about the right age.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2006 05:16 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can't wait for CGI to master humans so we could have infinite sequels with no changes...like this one.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2006 04:50 PM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

CGI will also put a lot of people out of the business... but you will get your wish one day.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2006 03:29 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, these people will still get paid but much less...no need to act just take a few scans naked so the measures are precise.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2006 03:49 AM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katie_girl09

I don't like Kirsten Dunst as MJ. Not only because she doesn't look the part, but for her acting as well. If I'm not mistaken, MJ has a bit of an attitude, right? She's sassy. But Dunst is so drippy sweet that its almost too much. She's a horrible actress IMO. They could have found a better MJ by holding auditions for unknown actresses. And that's my two cents.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 09:58 PM
katie_girl09 is currently offline Click here to Send katie_girl09 a Private Message Find more posts by katie_girl09 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katie_girl09

And you know what I think would have been cool? If they had made us wait to see MJ. Like maybe if she hadn't been introduced until the 2nd or 3rd movie.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 10:04 PM
katie_girl09 is currently offline Click here to Send katie_girl09 a Private Message Find more posts by katie_girl09 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by katie_girl09
I don't like Kirsten Dunst as MJ. Not only because she doesn't look the part, but for her acting as well. If I'm not mistaken, MJ has a bit of an attitude, right? She's sassy. But Dunst is so drippy sweet that its almost too much. She's a horrible actress IMO. They could have found a better MJ by holding auditions for unknown actresses. And that's my two cents.

Yes you are right Katie girl,Mj from the comics has an attitude and is sassy and we saw none of that from Dunst.But we cant blame ALL of that on Dunst.Raimi is the director and he should have done his homework enough to have been aware of that.They say that Raimi is a fan of the comic,but the movies are so disloyal to the comic,I dont believe that at all,that he ever read the comic.because if he did,he would know that Dunst acted far more like gwen stacy from the comic and nothing like mary jane.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 10:54 PM