KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » They overshot Obi-wan's age

They overshot Obi-wan's age
Started by: PadmeKenobi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ShadowKing
Fallen Jedi

My friend started going prematurely grey at 26 (poor guy)....

...and don't be too sensitive in here PadmeKenobi, some people smell fear on a noob and their claws come out...believe me, there've been a lot of flame wars over questions that some people thought were stupid...
just have to give as good as you get and try to keep your facts straight

Custom Sig courtesy of Ast!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 01:46 PM
Click here to Send ShadowKing a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
p. skywalker

The man (Obi ) like you said has been through alot.. not to mention like 20 yrs of solitude.. And I don't know what guys you know but he did not look mid 40' in III .. and I am sure Ewan would be very bummed to hear ya think that .. he looked mid 30's... It's amazing waht a little facial hair and a hair cut does to a person.. GL did great ..

And as far as pepole on this thread or forum go , calling them Jerks is just as bad.. they are alot of crappy points brought here.. and i mean alot.. honestly the bestthing to do is put the sensitiveness in our pocket and suck it up..

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 02:24 PM
Click here to Send p. skywalker a Private Message Find more posts by p. skywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

The age thing is very odd.

Sebastian Shaw looks fifty going on sixty in ROTJ. Throw on a couple of decades for Obi-Wan.

Remember, Obi-Wan, as stated by Lucas, was an old man of seventy/eighty. If you remember Obi-Wan was the one who was going to die of old age in the final chapter and leave Luke on his own. Because Lucas didn't know if he'd get a green light for a sequel, he killed off Obi-Wan in Ep IV. The mentor dying of old age idea was given to Yoda which he invented after Ep IV. The main point I'm making is that Obi-Wan would have been close to natural-death-age in Epsiode IV, so it doesn't add up.

In Episode III, being twenty years earlier, that would mean Anakin would look late-twenties, early thirties and Obi-Wan would look fifty. But they don't. Obi seems to age fourty years in the space of twenty.Like I said, odd.

Nitpicky? Yes, but they really shoulda nailed this one.

Last edited by Red Superfly on Jul 15th, 2005 at 02:52 PM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 02:47 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
obi_wans_beard
Is fulfilling his destiny

.............Ep1 Ep2 Ep3 Ep4 Ep5 Ep6

Obi Wan 25 35 38 57 n/a n/a

Anakin 9 19 22 42 ? 45

Ewan 26 29 32 n/a n/a n/a

Sir Alec n/a n/a n/a 62 65 68

Jake 8 n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a

Hayden n/a 19 22 n/a n/a 22

I think these are right? The age of the actors would be the time of filming, not the release of the film.

EDIT: Sorry the message keeps unalligning the table mad

Last edited by obi_wans_beard on Jul 15th, 2005 at 03:16 PM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 03:10 PM
Click here to Send obi_wans_beard a Private Message Find more posts by obi_wans_beard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
p. skywalker

honestly .. I say just enjoy the damn movie and get over it

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 03:13 PM
Click here to Send p. skywalker a Private Message Find more posts by p. skywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"Remember, Obi-Wan, as stated by Lucas, was an old man of seventy/eighty. If you remember Obi-Wan was the one who was going to die of old age in the final chapter and leave Luke on his own. Because Lucas didn't know if he'd get a green light for a sequel, he killed off Obi-Wan in Ep IV. The mentor dying of old age idea was given to Yoda which he invented after Ep IV. The main point I'm making is that Obi-Wan would have been close to natural-death-age in Epsiode IV, so it doesn't add up."

But that doesn't apply any more- GL ret-conned it from TPM onwards so Obi-Wan was always younger.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 04:41 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Yeah I know, just saying.

Damn GL and his ret-conning.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 04:55 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Beard, you're thing is a little off. It says it has seven episodes... stick out tongue

In any case, Obi-Wan's aging looked spot on to me!

Anakin's was fine too. 9 at TPM, 19 at AOTC, 22 at ROTS, 41-42 at ANH, and then about 45 at ROTJ.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 07:18 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Not to mention, the guy fought in a 3 year war, a lived the last 20 years of his life in a desert doing nothing. Those things had to take their toll.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 07:19 PM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Indeed. The Jedi had no rest during the war.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 07:20 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
obi_wans_beard
Is fulfilling his destiny

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX
Beard, you're thing is a little off. It says it has seven episodes... stick out tongue

In any case, Obi-Wan's aging looked spot on to me!

Anakin's was fine too. 9 at TPM, 19 at AOTC, 22 at ROTS, 41-42 at ANH, and then about 45 at ROTJ.

Does it? embarrasment where? I can't see.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 07:21 PM
Click here to Send obi_wans_beard a Private Message Find more posts by obi_wans_beard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Rex is delirious, ignore him. stick out tongue

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 07:24 PM
Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Quiet you... stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 07:25 PM
Dresta

i don't think this thread is stupid and pointless whoever said that.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 10:33 PM
Click here to Send Dresta a Private Message Find more posts by Dresta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I don't either. Members are too drastic in here...

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 10:39 PM
PadmeKenobi

Originally posted by Red Superfly
The age thing is very odd.

Sebastian Shaw looks fifty going on sixty in ROTJ. Throw on a couple of decades for Obi-Wan.

Actually, Sebastian Shaw was 78 when he did Return of the Jedi, he may have not looked that old, but that was his age.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 06:43 AM
Click here to Send PadmeKenobi a Private Message Find more posts by PadmeKenobi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dresta

that old

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 08:46 PM
Click here to Send Dresta a Private Message Find more posts by Dresta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Wow, he was a bit ancient. It worked though; Vader did survive being burned alive, after all.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 09:38 PM
Darth Callous
Mitsu Racer Honda Hater

Originally posted by PadmeKenobi
Actually, Sebastian Shaw was 78 when he did Return of the Jedi, he may have not looked that old, but that was his age.

Nigga please, the CHARACTAR'S age is all that matters. Not the actor's.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 06:37 PM
Click here to Send Darth Callous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Callous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Character's age, but close enough. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 06:40 PM