KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect Namor

Respect Namor
Started by: DarkCrawler

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (82): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

New feat:

Namor (Heroes Reborn) takes direct head shot from Thor's thrown Mjolnir. The shot is so strong that it levels the ground they are standing on, but Namor isn't even knocked out.

Here

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 11:29 AM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

"True. It isnt exactly crystal clear as to whats going on. But its things like that this which differentiate low level class 100's from high"

Its shows durability differences, not strenght wink He is to me middle to top. He doesnt hang out in the top all the time. Being low is in my pov scretching. And Hulk increases durability with strenght when angry. Other bricks dont. That doesnt make them weaker per se.

"Did you know that Namor could be related to Hercules?

Neptune, or Poseidon is the father of Atlantean race. (Atlanteans think so, and if it is true, Namor, as a royal would have direct relation to him.) Neptune/Poseidon is the brother of Jupiter, or Zeus, who is father of Hercules. Namor could be veeeery distant relative to Hercules. Makes you think...they are actually very similar."

Not exactly blood relaties, but close to it. And they do have a very similiar temper. Makes us wonder...they are extremelly alike. Both in personality and warrior ways.

Did you also knew that if you follow Thors birthright that Gaea is her mother, that would make Thor, uncle of Zeus?

How about the old origin of the titans (Thanos and the like) that, that Kronos was the one who was father of Zeus? That origin made Thanos and Eros, cousins of Hercules.

Odd but cool stuff. I actually always saw Eros (wich btw funny at it is was named from another being of greek myth, one of the 3 primordial forces together with Gaea and Chaos) to be really alike Hercules. Not in the physicall type mind you, but in the way they are cocky and how they handle pretty well the ladies.

Theyr all part of a big and happy family. An extremelly crazy one but still.

Last edited by olympian on Aug 11th, 2005 at 01:04 PM

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 12:58 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
What does the color of my skin have to do with my posts?

Huh? What are you going on about son lol

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 01:01 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

I was about to wonder that myself.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 01:03 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by olympian
"True. It isnt exactly crystal clear as to whats going on. But its things like that this which differentiate low level class 100's from high"

Its shows durability differences, not strenght wink He is to me middle to top. He doesnt hang out in the top all the time. Being low is in my pov scretching. And Hulk increases durability with strenght when angry. Other bricks dont. That doesnt make them weaker per se.

"Did you know that Namor could be related to Hercules?

Neptune, or Poseidon is the father of Atlantean race. (Atlanteans think so, and if it is true, Namor, as a royal would have direct relation to him.) Neptune/Poseidon is the brother of Jupiter, or Zeus, who is father of Hercules. Namor could be veeeery distant relative to Hercules. Makes you think...they are actually very similar."

Not exactly blood relaties, but close to it. And they do have a very similiar temper. Makes us wonder...they are extremelly alike. Both in personality and warrior ways.

Did you also knew that if you follow Thors birthright that Gaea is her mother, that would make Thor, uncle of Zeus?

How about the old origin of the titans (Thanos and the like) that, that Kronos was the one who was father of Zeus? That origin made Thanos and Eros, cousins of Hercules.

Odd but cool stuff. I actually always saw Eros (wich btw funny at it is was named from another being of greek myth, one of the 3 primordial forces together with Gaea and Chaos) to be really alike Hercules. Not in the physicall type mind you, but in the way they are cocky and how they handle pretty well the ladies.

Theyr all part of a big and happy family. An extremelly crazy one but still.

Yeah...so if we go by mythical relations (And isn't Marvel doing that),

Namor
Hercules
Thor
Zeus
Thanos
Eros
And the greek gods and titans.

Are related to each other. big grin

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 05:20 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
New feat:

Namor (Heroes Reborn) takes direct head shot from Thor's thrown Mjolnir. The shot is so strong that it levels the ground they are standing on, but Namor isn't even knocked out.

Here

I think this one is pretty impressive.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 05:21 PM
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

I love the art in that last one. Its not Jim Lee is it?

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 05:30 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

It is Jim Lee.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 05:54 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

I think this one is pretty impressive.

So what happened in the comic after what this scan depicts. I dont see how getting pounded by Mjolnir and screaming "AAAGGGH" is a good feat.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 06:13 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

It is Jim Lee.

eek! my favourite comic book artist!!!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 06:15 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
So what happened in the comic after what this scan depicts. I dont see how getting pounded by Mjolnir and screaming "AAAGGGH" is a good feat.

Getting pounded? He rise up after that. People who fight Thor say AAGH all the time. Are they pounded? Hulk says AGGH. He gets pounded every time he fights Thor? Most people would not be alive after that. And Namor wasn't in his full strength, since he had been away from water and fighting Fantastic Four. And Thor took him by suprise, the cheating bastard.

The fight was stopped by Captain America.

Last edited by DarkCrawler on Aug 11th, 2005 at 06:21 PM

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 06:18 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Getting pounded? He rise up after that. People who fight Thor say AAGH all the time. Are they pounded? Hulk says AGGH. He gets pounded every time he fights Thor? Most people would not be alive after that. And Namor wasn't in his full strength, since he had been away from water and fighting Fantastic Four. And Thor took him by suprise, the cheating bastard.

The fight was stopped by Captain America.

Many class 100's have been hit by the hammer and carried on fighting. This isnt a feat for Namor it doesnt make him stand out. Its just standard. If the hammer had struck him and he shrugged it off then this could be deemed a feat.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 06:46 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Many class 100's have been hit by the hammer and carried on fighting. This isnt a feat for Namor it doesnt make him stand out. Its just standard. If the hammer had struck him and he shrugged it off then this could be deemed a feat.

It hit him so hard it leveled the ground they were standing on...

Since Namor is "low class" 100, hw was tired, and taken by suprise, and it hit him directly in head, I think it is a feat.

Last edited by DarkCrawler on Aug 11th, 2005 at 07:28 PM

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 07:25 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Huh? What are you going on about son lol

You know what I'm saying...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 11:21 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Namor rocks. I think that is a prety impressive feat cosidering Thor hit him from behind and it only made Namor mad. Nice past DC.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 03:08 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

Just a nitpick.

"If the hammer had struck him and he shrugged it off then this could be deemed a feat."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/030904.jpg

When even this guy cant, and hes the most durable around outside Surfer and Captain Marvel...

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 07:59 AM
PimpXMaster
Number One Pimp

Namor is my Fish Homey.

The Number One Pimp

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 08:52 AM
PimpXMaster is currently offline Click here to Send PimpXMaster a Private Message Find more posts by PimpXMaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

lol

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 09:32 AM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
You know what I'm saying...

Cordera you keep doing this. You're very paranoid i dont have a clue what you're talking about. When did i mention anything about colour? You said Namor could own magneto and i said are sure what i said about you isnt true. For a hint as to what i was talking about check out the Namor Vs Magneto thread. Pointinel hit the nail on the head. Bear in mind that i wa sjoking before you start crying on me. stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 12:37 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by olympian
Just a nitpick.

"If the hammer had struck him and he shrugged it off then this could be deemed a feat."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/030904.jpg

When even this guy cant, and hes the most durable around outside Surfer and Captain Marvel...

Well if it happens to everyone then that scan hardly depicts a feat of durability. Its not an achievement that makes him stand out from his peers. Therefore it is not a feat. That is not a nitpick, that is the truth. If he'd shrugged off then yeah it counts, or if he went on to battle Thor and took repeated full on blows and carried on fighting then yeah that would count. Getting whacked by Mjolnir and screaming is no feat im afraid.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 12:41 PM