KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Appreciation and Anti Threads » More than meets the eye: The Snape appreciation thread

More than meets the eye: The Snape appreciation thread
Started by: Coonskin 13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

NOT SNAPE THOUGH...HE IS LOYAL TO ALBUS PERCIVAL WULFRIC BRIAN DUMBLEDORE!!!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 12:59 AM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coonskin 13
Racoon

Yeah!

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Yes, in case you noticed I have been gone, and yes, I'm back indefinately. If you want to hear of my crazy adventures during my absence look in my profile!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 01:26 AM
Coonskin 13 is currently offline Click here to Send Coonskin 13 a Private Message Find more posts by Coonskin 13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coonskin 13
Racoon

Saratn, I think we should go to all the Snape threadzs on the main Hp page and convert people to our side. We need more S.S. suporters on this page.

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Yes, in case you noticed I have been gone, and yes, I'm back indefinately. If you want to hear of my crazy adventures during my absence look in my profile!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 01:39 AM
Coonskin 13 is currently offline Click here to Send Coonskin 13 a Private Message Find more posts by Coonskin 13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Creshosk
By doing this no one(in the Harry Potter world) would dare question his allegence to Lord Voldemort.

I also think it's interesting when in the departure Snape simply countered Harry's attempts, without really doing anything to really injure Harry.

Not anything permenant that would make him easy pickings.
No semi-permanent attacks. . .

Nothing really.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 07:10 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coonskin 13
Racoon

Yeah, and what Hagrid overheard Snape saying to Dumbledore? Having to kill your boss on his orders fits the description of overworked exactly.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 01:27 AM
Syren
dreaming

I totally agree that Severus Snape, although obviously not innocent, is good. I think the ends will justify the means and Snape did exactly what DD said to do. I trusted DD implicitly, therefore I trust his lasting faith in Snape. I also believe that Snape knows the cost of letting his cover falter, even for a second. When the final crunch comes, Severus Snape will be one of Harry's strongest allies, if DD doesn't return and is in fact dead (we all know my theory on that one!), Snape will become Harry's left hand man. I know it appears ludicrous considering his treatment of Harry, but we know Snape doesn't like to get too attached to anyone, if he'd gotten attached to DD he wouldn't have been able to do the curse that appeared to kill DD.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 10:46 AM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coonskin 13
Racoon

Also DD never seemed too opposed to death. He doesn't seem like a person who would mind dying.
quote:
Death is nothing but the next great adventure
-DD

or somthing like that. He knew that if he didn't die two lives would be lost (Snape and Draco), and that he would only be in Harry's way (since he told him everything). DD probably also knew that Snape would be a good ally to Harry if he got close to Voldy. Therefore DD chose to die.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 01:28 PM
Creshosk

JK seems to have always been a big fan of the plot twist, what with Quirrel and all.

"Professor Quirrel."

Whatever, and not only him, but Profesor Slughorn taking up the potions position . . .

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 01:48 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coonskin 13
Racoon

Yeah. And Harry has been wrong about Snape before...........................................

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 01:50 PM
Syren
dreaming

yes I definitely trust Snape... there's not enough reason not to, if you read between the lines. Rowling's work just isn't that clear cut, you really have to concentrate on what she's saying.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 03:29 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

Dumbledore would know where Snape's loyalties lie too. Dumbledore could see through Riddle, so I think Dumbledore could see through Snape as well.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 07:36 PM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

yes Exactly, like I said, I'm Dumbledore's woman through and through happy

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 09:05 PM
Creshosk

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Dumbledore knew that his time was short, there was alot of foreshadowing to the fact he would not be around.

Last edited by Creshosk on Aug 12th, 2005 at 11:25 PM

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 11:22 PM
Coonskin 13
Racoon

Yeah Snape is most likely good. Did you know that Dumbledore was 150 years old?!Spoiler] He had to know his time was coming to a end. He probably decided to die then and save Draco and Snapes' lives[/Spoiler].

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 12:17 AM
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

150??? whoah, i thought he was older than that for some reason. he didn't seem like he was young when he was teaching transfiguration fifty years ago when it was mentioned in COS

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 12:19 AM
Coonskin 13
Racoon

Yeah that was on Mugglenet. I don't know what book it was refering to though.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 12:21 AM
Syren
dreaming

Well, if he was 150 then when he was teaching he was still 100 years old... so still quite old big grin

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 02:18 PM
Coonskin 13
Racoon

Dumbledore probably new that Harry could't go to school for his seventh year or he wouldn't be able to find tkhe horcruxes (DD probably realized he was to old to keep hunting them) and decided to die. One more thing DUMBLEDORE WOULD NEVER PLEAD FOR HIS LIFE!!!

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 11:54 PM
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

I am in Support for snape. Snape is not evil. He did what he had to do (unbreakable vow). Dumbledore is a very wise man he had to have some idea (if not knew the whole story) what was going on with Malfoy and Snape. Of course Snape is guilty and left Hogwarts with Draco, but as we seen in the past Snape seems to have remained loyal to Dumbledore and I dont think he will stop. Snape in my opinion is going to act as though he has returned to Voldemort but when the final fight comes Snape will side with harry and be VERY powerful. In the Half-blood princes (snape) potion book we seen the type of spells he made and how powerful they were. Snape is very clever and talented. People who think is evil shouldn't doubt him. I have a lot of faith in Snape, and believe he is going to become even more of an important character in the 7th book.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2005 04:04 AM
Sweet Sacrifice is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Sacrifice a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Sacrifice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
whatever1234

For all you Snape fans out there..... In book four JK makes a point of telling us that Dumbledore, McGonagle and Snape all see their reflections in the foe glass that Barty Crouch was using while he was pretending to be Moody. That really settled it for me that Snape is a "good guy"!

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 04:03 AM
whatever1234 is currently offline Click here to Send whatever1234 a Private Message Find more posts by whatever1234 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote