KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH's Game - Lightsaber Forms?

Which lightsaber form does your character use?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Shii-Cho 3 7.89%
Makashi 4 10.53%
Soresu - Sokan 4 10.53%
Ataru 5 13.16%
Djem So - Shien 2 5.26%
Niman - Kai-Kan 5 13.16%
Juyo - Vaapad 6 15.79%
Jar'Kai 9 23.68%
Total: 38 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

USH's Game - Lightsaber Forms?
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Vlad goes for Vaapad. This is a very poor and desperate explanation of why Vlad always gets damaged heavily, but kills lots of droids. Not cause the person who is playing him doesn't give a crap about defense manueveres, or just completely forgets them. It's the form I tell you, the lightsabre form!

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 03:02 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Zink
Bane

Ah, right, forgot you were trained by Windu for your background...

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 03:03 AM
General Zink is currently offline Click here to Send General Zink a Private Message Find more posts by General Zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

And remember that time when I fought 20 droids? And in the end I totally forgot about any dodge manuevers and got 20 damage? Yeah. Blame it all on the freaken style!

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 03:06 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Zink
Bane

Haha, good call.

I might revise Rand's form to Shii-Cho.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 03:27 AM
General Zink is currently offline Click here to Send General Zink a Private Message Find more posts by General Zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by 2Tidus!
And remember that time when I fought 20 droids? And in the end I totally forgot about any dodge manuevers and got 20 damage? Yeah. Blame it all on the freaken style!

I prefer to blame it on player idiocy

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 06:27 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

lol

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 07:25 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

What did I say? Blame it on the style godamnit! stick out tongue.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 11:35 PM
REXXXX
Networking

What's my excuse, then? Oh, wait, I usually get less damage than everyone else...

Old Post Feb 1st, 2006 02:36 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

lol rex

Old Post Feb 1st, 2006 05:50 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Originally posted by General Zink
I vote for Niman as well. Though, Rand isn't as flashy or fast as Palpatine...which is an odd thought...

Niman too

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 01:48 PM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NK-Syndrome
Nonexistant

Hmm.... Well, I have multiple characters, so...

Meastu Vakos- About 70% Soresu, 30% Makashi
Xio Baston- Ataru
Bess Troulin- Shien and Makashi

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 09:51 PM
NK-Syndrome is currently offline Click here to Send NK-Syndrome a Private Message Find more posts by NK-Syndrome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Given his ideals, I think Aurel'd favor Soresu over other forms, but with his personality and passion for swordplay, I certainly don't see it as impossible for him to to have actively practiced each form to get a sense of how it works. In this case, his least proficient forms I would imagine to be Jar'Kai (he doesn't strike me as much of a dual wielder), and Vaapad, since I don't imagine Master Windu being very open about sharing its practice. He'd probably favor Makashi in duels, and Shii-Cho would certainly be a sturdy foundation for everything.

Hope this isn't so old that it's dead, but given Aurel's specialty, I couldn't help but say something.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 07:20 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Wow this is a blast from the past.

Xeth is whichever one is ridiculously athletic. He fights like Yoda.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 10:31 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

That would be Ataru. Certainly one of the more flashy styles. stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 10:47 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I would have thought that, with 5s in Agility and Strength, Djem So would have been more suited for Aurel, with inflections of Ataru.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 01:21 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

What would you say is Denz?

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 03:29 AM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Your Agility is high, so probably Ataru. Ultimately up to you, of course.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 04:49 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

I was just thinking Juyo.

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 06:04 AM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Originally posted by REXXXX
I would have thought that, with 5s in Agility and Strength, Djem So would have been more suited for Aurel, with inflections of Ataru.

Really, what makes me think of such things comes down to Aurel's mindset. He doesn't like conflict, and is fully aware of how deadly a lightsaber is. He would only want to pull it out as a last resort, which is why he focuses so heavily on his non-saber combat as well. If he can subdue someone rather than kill them, he will. I also see him as highly practical. His choice of style will largely depend on the situation he finds himself in. Soresu's defensive advantages are overall a good compliment to his desire to protect rather than destroy. It's only when he's not defending someone, and is in a position where he knows he must take a life, that he will open up, as it were.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 06:11 AM
Craft
CTE

Wentar was probably most practiced in Niman in his Jedi days, but once he became a Renegade and started spending most of his time in the lawless outer rim he probably had to adapt to the more hostile environment and wound up focusing on Soresu more.

Which actually works well for my blade schticks. Block, Bodyguard, Focused Guard and Reflection all fit the Soresu vibe, while Orthodox Guard seems to suit Niman's description fairly well.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 09:18 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote