KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » next gen consoles

next gen consoles
Started by: sully_2u

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I'll be getting the Revolution initially, I'm extremely excited for it, mostly because of the brilliant idea of allowing people to download all of the old nintendo titles for free/a few bucks. Also having a new mario game at release is a big plus. Along with the fact that it will be the cheapest of the new systems...it's hard to go wrong.

I'm sure I'll also get a PS3 at some point, but not until there is a big game I want to play (FF13, Metal Gear, GTA). I may get an Xbox 360, but only if rare gets their shit together and makes a new Killer Instinct game for it.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 11:10 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

God I love KI.

My friend emulated it onto his psp, genius...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 11:15 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Yeah, KI was an outstanding game. I truley hope the rumors are true and that rare will make a new one, it's about damn time.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 11:19 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

amen, I liked the first one more, they should keep it good for beginners and experts alike...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 11:38 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Simulated freedom, more of a poor mans version.

A sandbox game, it was more of the ability to do "anything".

I found postal entertaining though, that and Carmageddon.

You can just waste time. You can't do anything, there's no freedom.

I loved Killer Instinct though. When it came out on the SNES.

Does anyone remember a SNES game called Cybernator?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 11:42 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I actually prefered KI Gold. The combos made more sense, and involved more skill.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 11:58 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
You can just waste time. You can't do anything, there's no freedom.

I loved Killer Instinct though. When it came out on the SNES.

Does anyone remember a SNES game called Cybernator?

-AC
Meh. Don't remember

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 12:07 AM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by BackFire
I actually prefered KI Gold. The combos made more sense, and involved more skill.
True, but the feeling wasn't there, and they made the breakers more simplistic.

I play Ki everyday, its how I wake up, the music is superb.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 12:08 AM
Chance SL
Chance(TM)

Originally posted by Silverstein
im f*ckin getting a PS3...a sony excecutive on tv said it was 35 times more powerful than the ps2 and 7 times more powerful than x360...and nintendo has not even bothered to compete in terms of hardware

It went from apparently twice the power to seven times the power of X360? no expression

Touché.no expression, Rose of Isis, Walsh, Piggles shifty, MG , Scribble , Ms Chelle, Quincy, Clovie, Syren, Lea.no expression, Emma Representing™ on Steam | My Steam Profile; Chance™

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 12:37 AM
Chance SL is currently offline Click here to Send Chance SL a Private Message Find more posts by Chance SL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I don't think 7 times, thats quite absurd..

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 12:53 AM
Pezmerga
Black Knight

I dunno I think Maybe Revolution first then a PS3... I like Playstation but the Friggin PS2 was buggy as hell, especially the first run of em..
Nintendo makes better games then Sony could ever hope of, but Sony has good thrid party support.. and actually having more Powerful hardware dont mean shit...hardware that Developers can work with easier is what matters....yeah sure it has to be good, but I doubt they'll take advantage of Sony's Power for years to come, and by that time it'll be the next wave of systems =P
I pretty much only play RPGs anyway so whichever offers more will be my first purchase actually.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 01:37 AM
Pezmerga is currently offline Click here to Send Pezmerga a Private Message Find more posts by Pezmerga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Pezmerga
I dunno I think Maybe Revolution first then a PS3... I like Playstation but the Friggin PS2 was buggy as hell, especially the first run of em..
Nintendo makes better games then Sony could ever hope of, but Sony has good thrid party support.. and actually having more Powerful hardware dont mean shit...hardware that Developers can work with easier is what matters....yeah sure it has to be good, but I doubt they'll take advantage of Sony's Power for years to come, and by that time it'll be the next wave of systems =P
I pretty much only play RPGs anyway so whichever offers more will be my first purchase actually.

Nintendo had little third party, but had great launches.

Money maker was the gba though, and I doubt the new playstation will be buggy, because the first ps2's were very old.

PS2 does have the third party.

For rpg's I recommend, kingdom hearts, and final fantasy, amongst others.

I'm not worried about the specs since sony has had the weakest ones for the longest and has done fine, for 2 generations.

With extra power, its only some Icing.

Backwards compatiblity is a plus for nintendo as well.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 03:00 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why are people dissing Nintendo for being repetitive when Final Fantasy is about to put out is 13th in the series?

They will never top FF7 anyway.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 04:16 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Refused
Iconoclast

I believe FF9 did. In terms of gameplay, but not story. FF7 story and characters will never be beat. But yah, i think FF is the exception to repetition.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 04:30 AM
Refused is currently offline Click here to Send Refused a Private Message Find more posts by Refused Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Why are people dissing Nintendo for being repetitive when Final Fantasy is about to put out is 13th in the series?

They will never top FF7 anyway.

-AC
I hate final fantasy actually, and yes ff7 was the best.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 12:34 PM
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

FF7 may have had the best characters and plot, but the gameplay of X has yet to be beaten, and I've played all the Final Fantasys so far.

But I don't like to comment on the state of Final Fantasy at the moment, it's been dilly-daddling as of late. The online RPG element of 11, the crappy spin-offs, and the pointless Advent Children movie (which opens up loose ends that were clearly tied up at the end of 7 - pointless) and the general lack of focus on what makes FF such good fun.

Roll on FF12, which looks like a return to form. Sure its tried and tested and quite repetitive, but it, like Zelda, isn't broken, so why fix it? Resident Evil needed a kick up the backside, but some franchises are best left alone.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 03:21 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

FFX came very very close to topping FF7, and in a few ways, it did. I think the storytelling and character development were far better in FFX then in 7, despite 7 actually having the better story and characters, I ended up caring for the characters in X more.

FF games are never repetitive, each new game is a new experience that drastically changes the form from the preveous one. Just because they're sequels doesn't mean they're all the same.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 07:23 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Yea that is true, final fantasy brings newer characters and everything in.

As far as ten, that one might have been one I liked, but ten 2 turned me off a little.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 07:35 PM
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

X-2 was beyond a joke.

That's what I meant with Square "dilly-daddling". If they didn't bother with these stupid spin-offs and lame online FFs and movies we could have probably finished FF12 by now and be waiting for 13.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 07:45 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Possibly, though FFXII has been in production even when FFX-2 was being made, so I don't think it woulda made much of a difference.

X-2 isn't all that bad, it's pretty fun, in all honesty. It's tone is different from the normal sorrowful FF tone, but it's still quite fun to play.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 08:03 PM