KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » next gen consoles

next gen consoles
Started by: sully_2u

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Red Superfly
X-2 was beyond a joke.

That's what I meant with Square "dilly-daddling". If they didn't bother with these stupid spin-offs and lame online FFs and movies we could have probably finished FF12 by now and be waiting for 13.
X2 was more of a 12 year olds wet dream than an actual game, I don't even remember what got me to buy it...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 08:03 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

X-2 was, to me Final Fantasy X: Barbie Edition.

Instead of badass fire monster helping you out, you change your dress.

Instead of amazing Ronin warrioir, a blue Chewbacca and a sultry witch by your side, your team is like Charlies Angels.

Instead of the amazing blitzball intro with thumping "Otherworld" awesome rock soundtrack, we get cute weak-arse J-pop and utterly crap music for the intro.

Instead of using tactics, timing and chess like planning, you bash the X button for half the game and you win everything.

Instead of interesting crazy plot, the plot is UTTERLY POINTLESS with no conclusion and realisation that you've wasted time and money on this crap.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 08:08 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

X-2 was, to me Final Fantasy X: Barbie Edition.

Instead of badass fire monster helping you out, you change your dress.

Instead of amazing Ronin warrioir, a blue Chewbacca and a sultry witch by your side, your team is like Charlies Angels.

Instead of the amazing blitzball intro with thumping "Otherworld" awesome rock soundtrack, we get cute weak-arse J-pop and utterly crap music for the intro.

Instead of using tactics, timing and chess like planning, you bash the X button for half the game and you win everything.

Instead of interesting crazy plot, the plot is UTTERLY POINTLESS with no conclusion and realisation that you've wasted time and money on this crap.
Amen, like I said I don't know what influenced me to buy it, that was the last straw with reviews though.

My cousin loves it, but he'll play anything with a cute girl on it, thats him, he's young though...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 08:11 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

lol yeah you're more or less right Red.

Though, that doesn't mean the game itself wasn't fun. I've been having a good time playing it, myself. I think it's best attribute is it's open endedness, it's the most non-linear FF game of all time. I also actually like the dressphere thing, I think it does add a certain strategy to the game, changing to the appropriate dressphere in the heat of battle.

Also, you're complaint that the game consists of mashing the X button is true, however, the same can be said for more FF games, many battles can be won simply by mashing the X button and healing when necessary.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 08:38 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by BackFire
lol yeah you're more or less right Red.

Though, that doesn't mean the game itself wasn't fun. I've been having a good time playing it, myself. I think it's best attribute is it's open endedness, it's the most non-linear FF game of all time. I also actually like the dressphere thing, I think it does add a certain strategy to the game, changing to the appropriate dressphere in the heat of battle.

Also, you're complaint that the game consists of mashing the X button is true, however, the same can be said for more FF games, many battles can be won simply by mashing the X button and healing when necessary.
Can be said for most rpg's.
I still like kingdom hearts as the console rpg, one of the main reasons is that its realtime.

Only turned based rpg I got into was Poke'mon.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 08:50 PM
Red Superfly

Pokemon was one of the most frighteningly addictive games I have ever played, despite the milking of the franchise and the constant spin-off junk that game with it.

I only ever played the original one (and for the record, I played it and loved it WAY before the shit hit the fan and it took off, with the TV show and the crappy movies etc And was wonderring "How come nobody knows about this? It's awesome!"). I managed to catch every single Pokemon, including Mew. I was addicted to the original. I never thought it would take off so well, mainly because it was so wierd and twee, and Gameboy games came and went with startling regularity.

Then they made more and even crazier Pokemon. Some of them barely resembled living creatures let alone animals. That's when I switched off.

I'd genuinely love a full blown 3D Pokemon game though.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 08:57 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Pokemon was one of the most frighteningly addictive games I have ever played, despite the milking of the franchise and the constant spin-off junk that game with it.

I only ever played the original one (and for the record, I played it and loved it WAY before the shit hit the fan and it took off, with the TV show and the crappy movies etc And was wonderring "How come nobody knows about this? It's awesome!"). I managed to catch every single Pokemon, including Mew. I was addicted to the original. I never thought it would take off so well, mainly because it was so wierd and twee, and Gameboy games came and went with startling regularity.

Then they made more and even crazier Pokemon. Some of them barely resembled living creatures let alone animals. That's when I switched off.

I'd genuinely love a full blown 3D Pokemon game though.

Agreed 100%, how long did you take to get all 150?

That was the "funnest" summer I had, when I finally did that...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 09:29 PM
Red Superfly

Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Agreed 100%, how long did you take to get all 150?

That was the "funnest" summer I had, when I finally did that...

Can't quite remember. I remember some of the more obscure Pokemon being rediculously hard to get. There was one which was near the end of the list, some sort of dragon thing, and the only way I could get it was by evolving some shitty pokemon (it looked like a blue tadpole that turned into a dumb looking orange dragon, Dragonair or something). I remember trying to evolve that useless Magikarp into Gyarados too, those sorts of pokemon were the hardest to get. I remember some of the Safari Zone exclusives to be incredibly tricky too, all you had was those weak ass pokeballs and you couldn't wear their health down.

I was gutted when they made those new games and you could just go out and catch those hard-to-get ones in the wild.

Funny how I remember all that. Very memorable game.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 09:35 PM
sully_2u
Sex Guru

awesome...i didnt think i would get this many posts lol yea im going for the revolution myself...i think AC covered everything about nintendo that i woulda if my internet didnt mess up...awesome..CLASSICS RULES JOIN THE REVOLUTION

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 01:40 AM
sully_2u is currently offline Click here to Send sully_2u a Private Message Find more posts by sully_2u Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Can't quite remember. I remember some of the more obscure Pokemon being rediculously hard to get. There was one which was near the end of the list, some sort of dragon thing, and the only way I could get it was by evolving some shitty pokemon (it looked like a blue tadpole that turned into a dumb looking orange dragon, Dragonair or something). I remember trying to evolve that useless Magikarp into Gyarados too, those sorts of pokemon were the hardest to get. I remember some of the Safari Zone exclusives to be incredibly tricky too, all you had was those weak ass pokeballs and you couldn't wear their health down.

I was gutted when they made those new games and you could just go out and catch those hard-to-get ones in the wild.

safari zone was bs, I hated kangaskhan

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 02:31 AM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pokemon was one of the most frighteningly addictive games I have ever played, despite the milking of the franchise and the constant spin-off junk that game with it.I only ever played the original one (and for the record, I played it and loved it WAY before the shit hit the fan and it took off, with the TV show and the crappy movies etc And was wonderring "How come nobody knows about this? It's awesome!"). I managed to catch every single Pokemon, including Mew. I was addicted to the original. I never thought it would take off so well, mainly because it was so wierd and twee, and Gameboy games came and went with startling regularity.Then they made more and even crazier Pokemon. Some of them barely resembled living creatures let alone animals. That's when I switched off.I'd genuinely love a full blown 3D Pokemon game though.
If you're talking about Pokemon Red and Blue, I got into those too. Me and my sister got them the christmas they came out and played them not stop. But I am pretty sure when these games came out, there was a pokemon show because I watched it. And when they came out, it was already a big hit and everything. People were watching the show and couldn't wait for the game. It was well known and anticipated way before it came out. Kind of like Nintendogs.But anyway. That game is really like no other and I real really miss those days that me and my sister played along with each other in the game and kept up pace with each other so we were always in the same spot and experiencing the twists and shocking moments in the game and catching the pokemon and having our favorites and linking up and battling each other and collecting badges. God I wish I could go back in time. Now that I am older with more responsibility, with college and stuff and with my sister not into playing games anymore like most teenage girls, I will never experience anything like that again. We did play Pokemon Silver and Gold together also, but that was the last time. By the time Pokemon ruby and sapphire came out, she had grown out of games. It even took me a while to convince myself to buy the game, cause I had kind of gotten older and lost that excitement for it that i had when i was younger but got myself to get it , but it still wasnt exactly the same. My mind had change and wasn't as easily excited.

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 07:00 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

I do wish I could get into it like i used too, even if it is by myself this time. But im older and everything has changed and i have so much to do now, i hardly have time to play games. I hate change, I hate college, i hate getting older. Things are changing and happening too fast and my mind is changing and things don't feel the same anymore and I don't feel the same about certain things anymore. Like christmas. I used to be so excited, and anticipating santa clause arrival and getting up in the morning and opening presents and playing with my stuff and new video games. But when I look through my eyes and now and experience these things. Everything seems different. It seems as if my old way of viewing things is different as if these memories belong to a different person. I find that I enjoyed those years of my life more than I'm enjoying these years of my life. I never knew how much i enjoyed my younger years and how luck i was. I don't want to say i took it for granted because i always felt sorry for the grown ups in my life for not being able to be as enthusiastic about christmas and thing like that and not being as excited and happy cause they weren't the ones getting the gifts and experiencing everything the way i was. But i really miss it now. I never knew things would change so profoundly.
Keep in mind that I am only 18 now. And it wasn't that long ago that I had that childlike view of the world so it's pretty recent and clear in my mind and that makes it all the more memorable and I really get to compare the 2 (then and now). When I do that. The "now" seems pretty depressing than "then". sad

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 07:07 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know what pokemon you're talking about.

The dragon is "Dragonite", which evolves from "Dragonair", which evolves from.............god, it's on the tip of my tongue. But yeah that's it.

What pokemon did yall start off with.

Mine was Bulbasaur.

I even played it over again while waiting for pokemon gold and silver so that i could play with charmanda and squirtle. Good times.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 07:10 AM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

safari zone was bs, I hated kangaskhan

But when you look back at those times. You just have to love everything about it. As annoying as the safari zone might have been. It made a part of the game and that's enough for me. I feel so much nostalgia.
I couldn't help but burst a lot of tears doing my posts up above.
I really do hate my life right now.

I do remember one annoying thing, but when i think back on it, I can't help but like it now cause it was part of the experience.
That cave that you had to go back in forth in during the beginning because you didn't have fly yet. It wasn't that long, but you just kept running into zubat and that pokemon that was a rock ball with arms over and over again and that made it that much longer to get through. But right now I wouldn't change it for the world because it's a good memory now. I won't forget. Might have been a little annoying but one of the most memorable moments.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 07:18 AM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sorry about all the post. I just feel strongly about this memory of mind............................

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 07:18 AM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by powerfulone1987
But when you look back at those times. You just have to love everything about it. As annoying as the safari zone might have been. It made a part of the game and that's enough for me. I feel so much nostalgia.
I couldn't help but burst a lot of tears doing my posts up above.
I really do hate my life right now.

I do remember one annoying thing, but when i think back on it, I can't help but like it now cause it was part of the experience.
That cave that you had to go back in forth in during the beginning because you didn't have fly yet. It wasn't that long, but you just kept running into zubat and that pokemon that was a rock ball with arms over and over again and that made it that much longer to get through. But right now I wouldn't change it for the world because it's a good memory now. I won't forget. Might have been a little annoying but one of the most memorable moments.
lol

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 01:09 PM
Red Superfly

Originally posted by powerfulone1987
I know what pokemon you're talking about.

The dragon is "Dragonite", which evolves from "Dragonair", which evolves from.............god, it's on the tip of my tongue. But yeah that's it.

What pokemon did yall start off with.

Mine was Bulbasaur.

I even played it over again while waiting for pokemon gold and silver so that i could play with charmanda and squirtle. Good times.

Yeah thats the one. It kinda looked like a hippo-dragon. It had a Moomin head lol.

I started off with Charmander, but used a trick using my brothers version to get all 3 starting Pokemon in my squad. Before my bro started actually "playing" his game, I used his to pick Bulbasaur, he'd get to the trade centre, and I'd trade him a crappy Pidgey or something, and I'd get Bulbasaur. Reset his game, this time pick Squirtle, go to trade centre, do the same. It took a while to play the game each time so you get the trade thingy, but it was worth it.

My Squad of six final Pokemon consisted of Raichu, Charizard, Mew, Mewtwo, Blastoise and Venusaur. Nobody I knew could beat me either.

Most of my mates knew about Pokemon from the TV show, and were waiting for the game to come out over here. I dunno how I got the game early, I remember buying red and blue from an import place. But it was before it became famous. It was only famous in Japan and thats how I'd heard of it and bought it.

Classic game. Anyone remember those really useless Pokemon like Farfetch'd? It was just a duck with a stick that didn't evolve. WTF?

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 01:51 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

bulbasaur
and dragonite were my favorites, I love them

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 04:07 PM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol

What's to lol about?

just wondering.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 03:16 AM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah thats the one. It kinda looked like a hippo-dragon. It had a Moomin head lol.

I started off with Charmander, but used a trick using my brothers version to get all 3 starting Pokemon in my squad. Before my bro started actually "playing" his game, I used his to pick Bulbasaur, he'd get to the trade centre, and I'd trade him a crappy Pidgey or something, and I'd get Bulbasaur. Reset his game, this time pick Squirtle, go to trade centre, do the same. It took a while to play the game each time so you get the trade thingy, but it was worth it.

My Squad of six final Pokemon consisted of Raichu, Charizard, Mew, Mewtwo, Blastoise and Venusaur. Nobody I knew could beat me either.

Most of my mates knew about Pokemon from the TV show, and were waiting for the game to come out over here. I dunno how I got the game early, I remember buying red and blue from an import place. But it was before it became famous. It was only famous in Japan and thats how I'd heard of it and bought it.

Classic game. Anyone remember those really useless Pokemon like Farfetch'd? It was just a duck with a stick that didn't evolve. WTF?

lol, yeah i remember him. He was okay you could raise him to powerful though. Even though some didn't digivolve they could still be useful I think.
magikarp is useful. It took forever to get him to digivolve. You couldn't give it certain TM's until a certain level and ugh. Just too much, I don't ever remember how I did it.
I know it was good in Pokemon gold and silver cause all you had to do was catch the red gyrados in the middle of the lake and you had one.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 03:20 AM