KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » next gen consoles

next gen consoles
Started by: sully_2u

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
an_old_wonderer

lets just say...everyone says nintendo games are kiddy because.... tehy have jumping dinosaurs, instrumental apes, plumbers racing each other, and a plumber exploring a haunted house to get to the other plumber. if any good games the nintendo system has made, id say its metroid prime.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 01:07 AM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

nintedo games are kiddy because 99% of it's successful games are kiddy, and the only game from nintendo that isnt kiddy is resident evil 4 (also coming on ps2) and metroid. Im sick of nintendo fans using resident evil 4 and metroid as the only example of a successful non kiddy game from nintendo

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 01:19 AM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silverstein
nintedo games are kiddy because 99% of it's successful games are kiddy, and the only game from nintendo that isnt kiddy is resident evil 4 (also coming on ps2) and metroid. Im sick of nintendo fans using resident evil 4 and metroid as the only example of a successful non kiddy game from nintendo

It's annoying when Sony fans ignore the fact that there are countless child based games on the PS2.

Zelda isn't 'kiddy'. Nor is Eternal Darkness. Nor the many games which are on all three consoles.

I guess real men like to Dancemat.

Consoles are 'kiddy'. They're toys. Let's not pretend because we are pretend raping a pretend prostitute, in lame, jerky graphics, with an abysmal fighting system, we are grown men indulging in adult activities.

Last edited by Victor Von Doom on Sep 11th, 2005 at 01:39 AM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 01:36 AM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KILLBILLFREAK
----DiVAS-R-DEADLY-------

What will the PS3 have to offer?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 01:39 AM
KILLBILLFREAK is currently offline Click here to Send KILLBILLFREAK a Private Message Find more posts by KILLBILLFREAK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Originally posted by crazy_shadow
lets just say...everyone says nintendo games are kiddy because.... tehy have jumping dinosaurs, instrumental apes, plumbers racing each other, and a plumber exploring a haunted house to get to the other plumber.

Sony has...Karaoke...Dancemats...Crash...Jak and Daxter...Ratchet and Clank...Gitaroo Man.

Need we go on?

They both have games children can play.

Nintendo have good games. Sony have hyped games.

You can't play hype.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 01:42 AM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

And dats de enda dat chapterrr.

To quote Homer Simpson, the other one.

Also, when mentioning RE4 you said (also coming to PS2). Exactly, taking what Nintendo made. Taking from Nintendo.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 01:45 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KILLBILLFREAK

Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Sony has...Karaoke...Dancemats...Crash...Jak and Daxter...Ratchet and Clank...Gitaroo Man.

Need we go on?

They both have games children can play.

Nintendo have good games. Sony have hyped games.

You can't play hype.

So you say GTA a child game?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 01:47 AM
KILLBILLFREAK is currently offline Click here to Send KILLBILLFREAK a Private Message Find more posts by KILLBILLFREAK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Originally posted by GreenFist
So you say GTA a child game?

Possibly the most ridiculous reply I've ever encountered. Where in what you quoted does it say that?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 01:49 AM
Peach
mordrem

I like Dance Dance Revolution stick out tongue

I dunno which of the new consoles I'm going to get. I HIGHLY doubt I'll get the Xbox360 as I don't even own a regular Xbox and have no plans to get one....no real good games for it. Halo? Waaaaaaay overrated. It's fun in multiplayer deathmatches but that's about it.

I'll probably get the Revolution (yay for being able to get all the old-school games!) and then whenever a Final Fantasy game gets released for PS3, I'll get that...though since FFXII is going to be for PS2, that'll be a while off.

BTW, on the kiddy game thing....some of the most fun games I've ever played were kiddy ones. Mario Kart 64 and Yoshi's Story are still two of my favorites, and I'm 19, going on 20. Katamari Damacy for PS2 is one of the simplest, yet utterly addicting and hysterical games that I've ever played. They're just plain fun.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 01:50 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

He said they both have games children can play. He never said they don't both have serious games.

My young nephew clocked Vice City in about 3 weeks. The same nephew who loves Mario Kart.

All you Sony felchers keep referring to GTA which is the biggest case of emperor's new clothes ever. GTA 3 was revolutionary and very good, but very overhyped. Vice City was a step down, but everyone was scared to say so incase they looked dumb. Same with San Andreas. People started going mad that you could ride BMX's. Why is that a credible UPgrade? You're going mad because now you can drive a slower vehicle around an equally sketchy city?

Nintendo took Sony's best franchise in RE, made it's original game better by light years, then went on to make the best game of the series (or best game ever) in RE4. Which Sony are now taking because they couldn't get the series any better than RE3. It took DREAMCAST to produce RE: Code Veronica, which PS2 stole. It took Cube to make RE4, which PS2 stole. PS2 is shit.

Give me a break, come on. Don't starT.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Last edited by Alpha Centauri on Sep 11th, 2005 at 01:54 AM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 01:51 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx

dancemats, n karaoke arent kiddy...have u ever been to a bar or dance club?
(crash is not sony exclusive...he went to multiplatform)

jak n Ratchet deadlocked arent kiddy

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 01:54 AM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Originally posted by Lana
I like Dance Dance Revolution stick out tongue

I dunno which of the new consoles I'm going to get. I HIGHLY doubt I'll get the Xbox360 as I don't even own a regular Xbox and have no plans to get one....no real good games for it. Halo? Waaaaaaay overrated.

Halo is pathetically overrated.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 01:54 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

(crash is not sony exclusive...he went to multiplatform)

jak n Ratchet deadlocked arent kiddy

You are sanely trying to propose that grown men going to clubs to play SONY'S Dance Dance Revolution, isn't kiddy? Just because it's widely accepted amongst adults doesn't mean it's not a childish concept. Because it is.

So is Jak and Daxter.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 01:56 AM
KILLBILLFREAK

DDR is a game for people who likes to dance

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 01:57 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mario is a game for people who don't like to play games about raping hookers.

Kids like to dance. See where I'm going?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 01:58 AM
KILLBILLFREAK

One Quick Question when you mean kids are you including Teens

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 01:59 AM
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

What?

Dancemat is a game in which you jump around in your living room like a girl (if you are a girl), or like an immense fruit if you aren't.

What does that have to do with dance clubs?

Mario- have you ever had a leaky sink? No laughing matter mate. Big boys stuff.

Yoshi- ever seen Jurassic Park?

Silly doing that isn't it.

You're hardly the most credible source since you said:

'im f*ckin getting a PS3...a sony excecutive on tv said it was 35 times more powerful than the ps2 and 7 times more powerful than x360'

which is another way of saying you and Sony are wedged into an eternal infinity-symbol of felchation.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 02:00 AM
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Halo is pathetically overrated.

I know. I've played it in single-player, co-op, and multiplayer deathmatch. Multiplayer deathmatch is fun because you can blow the shit out of your friends, and I'll say, my friends and I came up with some creative ways to kill each other (and ourselves) while playing....but it's not even as close to being a fraction as great as people make it out to be.

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC

I love DDR, and I'm not a kid stick out tongue it's just a fun way to kill time. I do get what you're saying though.

And I've loved Mario since we got an NES when I was 3 years old.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 02:01 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC

-u cant even rape hookers in gta

-kids dont dance...they think girls have koodies

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 02:02 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Exactly.

Especially considering Sony and Microsoft like to claim their shit is 35 times more powerful than, conveniently, what the Sony/Microsoft guy said.

Sony fans are corporate fellators, Nintendo fans are game...ors.

-u cant even rape hookers in gta

-kids dont dance...they think girls have koodies

I suggest school.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 02:03 AM