KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » next gen consoles

next gen consoles
Started by: sully_2u

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
That's not being versatile though, that's waiting for everyone to bring out great games (aka Nintendo) then scrounging off them.
It was created on the Cube, therefore it's a Cube game. I could perform a spot on cover of Paranoid Android, it's not my song.
Victor just sent me the video of Resi 4 on PS2, it's shit. Nothing compared to the Cube. PS2 fans will say it is though, despite it clearly not being.
Every shot counts in Goldeneye. You could pelt someone in the head with a machine gun in Halo and it does f*ck all.

Fair enough, it ain't a PS2 game in the tradional sense. But I don't think comparring it to song covers is fair. Capcom wrote the Cube version. They also wrote the PS2 version. It's Capcoms game, and it, unlike so many developers doing multi-platform releases, has one tailorred for the Cube, and one tailorred for the PS2. I don't think Capcoms efforts to get the series on PS2 and make more cash as a result should be frowned upon, it's simply good practice. They are after all, a third party company, they can do whatever they like for all I care. I have my Resi 4 on the cube and I'm happy.

And, like I said, even though Capcom have done a great job on Resi 4 for PS2, the Cube version still stands as definitive. I'm agreeing with you dammit!

I'll have to disagree about Halo though. Sniper rifles are deadly, rocket launchers are devastating, and at close range, the likes of two sub machine guns mow you down in a second. The sword is like the Golden Gun, but its short range means anyone skilled enough can take a sword wielder down. It's rather balanced on that front. I just find the story mode in Halo to be utter crud, and I honestly hate the alien weapons they always litter around. Halo needs to focus on the human side and quit having such crap alien weapons and backtracking endless corridor of enemies crap.

Last edited by Red Superfly on Sep 12th, 2005 at 10:00 PM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 09:58 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Originally posted by Red Superfly
Timesplitters 2 bugged me actually. Something about the aiming system. I couldn't aim for shit, I was awful at it.

I hated the way you'd have to hold the stick as you aimed, instead of looking, moving your view, and having the stick centre again. It was just awkward. Shooting games should just be a cross in the middle of the screen, and ytou move the screen. Timesplitters made you move the aiming reticle and keep the screen static until it got near the edge. It was so awkward.

I prefer that system, when you move the screen, you kind of forget that you're a person aiming a gun around a terrain.

Seems more like you're aiming the screen at the target, than the gun.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 09:59 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've had experiences that completely contradict that view of Halo. I hate it, unresponsive crap in my opinion.

RE4 was Cube first. Conceived and made. So to me it's a Cube game. Half Life is a PC game. They're not PS2 games, PS2 is borrowing them to make itself look better.

What are PS2's Capcom exclusives? Devil May Cry, hahaha.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 10:00 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
I prefer that system, when you move the screen, you kind of forget that you're a person aiming a gun around a terrain.

Seems more like you're aiming the screen at the target, than the gun.

I don't. Everytime I played it, and aimed, I kept thinking "who aims like this?". When you are aiming a gun, you keep your head in line with the gun, so in terms of realism, games where you simply move the screen are better.

I mean, nobody aims a gun by looking in one direction, and moving their eyes, and turning their wrist on the spot. Their whole body moves. TS2 just felt unnatural for me, and a bit disorientating.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 10:02 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

I've had experiences that completely contradict that view of Halo. I hate it, unresponsive crap in my opinion.

RE4 was Cube first. Conceived and made. So to me it's a Cube game. Half Life is a PC game. They're not PS2 games, PS2 is borrowing them to make itself look better.

What are PS2's Capcom exclusives? Devil May Cry, hahaha.

-AC

Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 2
Devil May Cry 3
Clock Tower 3
Onimusha 3
Monster Hunter
Maximo

That's quite a few actually. Whether you believe PS2 is borrowing games from other to make itself look better is entirely opinion. When it comes to third party games, anything goes really.

Look at GTA. Would you begrudge XBox owners the GTA series because it was on PS2 first? The arrangement between Rockstar and Sony was pretty much identical to that of Nintendo and Capcom over Resi 4.

I personally don't care about PS2 getting to publish Resi 4. All is fair. The thing that DOES bug me is the bonus content. It's like a slap in the face for cube Resi fans.

It's a shame that PS2 fanboys will forget that without the Cube owners making Resi 4 a success, they would probably never get their inferioir port with bonus missions. But common PS2 fans are like that. Dolts.

Last edited by Red Superfly on Sep 12th, 2005 at 10:11 PM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 10:07 PM
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

I don't. Everytime I played it, and aimed, I kept thinking "who aims like this?". When you are aiming a gun, you keep your head in line with the gun, so in terms of realism, games where you simply move the screen are better.

I mean, nobody aims a gun by looking in one direction, and moving their eyes, and turning their wrist on the spot. Their whole body moves. TS2 just felt unnatural for me, and a bit disorientating.

That's because you can look around the screen though, the character doesn't need to.

Like in Resident Evil 4. Leon moves with the dot, but the screen stays static more or less.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 10:08 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 2
Devil May Cry 3
Clock Tower 3
Onimusha 3
Monster Hunter
Maximo

That's quite a few actually. Whether you believe PS2 is borrowing games from other to make itself look better is entirely opinion. When it comes to third party games, anything goes really.

Hahaha, look at those titles.

First three are shit, Clock Tower is missable, Onimusha is very very good, Monster Hunter and Maximo are nothing new. Same ol' Same ol'.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 10:09 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Wait, what are we arguing here, I'm talking about the strengths and vices of several consoles, your premise seems to revolve around why nintendo rocks and playstation sucks.

Keep in mind 99% of this is subjective anyways, and no matter how many times we repeat ourselves it won't become fact...

You said Gamecube are behind on it, they're not. Case closed there then.

No, they are not behind on the concept, but they are behind the total race.

The gamer audience are becoming older and older, granted many grew up on nintendo, which are the main population anyways.

Many Nintendo fans "stick with" the systems because they're the most reliable technically and in terms of games.

There's more to look at when you buy a console than games.

Granted games do make the system, but there are other things gamers like me and others look for.

1.) Size
a. Is it easy to carry around

b. Does it pack power within its size?

c. Will it fit comfortably.

2.) Reliability
a. Are/is the machine reliable?

b. Does the machine have a history of customer satisfaction?

c. Will it last long in the gaming war?

3.) Controller

a. Is it the right size?

b. Is it comfortable, with the buttons in suitable places?

c. Are there many kinds of controllers, with many types of features.

4.) Games

a. What games are this console suited for?

b. What is the price range on these games?

c. How many games will I get?

etc.

Sony fans undeniably stick with Sony because they're Sony.

I stick with sony because of better controllers, a wider variety of games, more features, easy to carry around and set up, decent online play. etc.

I stick with nintendo because of its simplicity and innovation, and the best of the innovation/simplicity were in the SNES days.

I had an N64 and was dissapointed, gamecube was a good alternate system.

Because it's always good. Mario is always good. Resident Evil is always excellent. Metroid is always excellent.

Mario is great, had its peak at mario 3, had its revolution at mario 64, now he/luigi are slowly getting less interesting, and are just rehashing the same old games over and over again.

Mario Party 12 anyone?

Resident Evil is a good,solid game. Made most of its money and recognition on playstation, it was an awesome game on gamecube, but you had many years to tweak/work it.

Games are about improvement, and gamers should make games...

I'm not saying if the games were shit that some Nintendo fans would stop buying em.

No, they wouldn't.

People have been buying mario party for god knows how many years, despite #2 being the best one.

Nintendo is pretty repetitive, and makes its money off of its core characters, with their fame.

Mario, donkey kong, kirby, yoshi etc.

If something isn't broken, why fix it?

But if you aren't going to change anything, why keep making it?

You always get some pointless die-hards. The point is, as far as fanboys go. Sony has the pick of the litter.

Nintendo, hands down. The main population love their pokemon and Mario party too much to let it go...

Sony steals a bit from everyone so it's always viewed as the more versatile choice, despite hardly coming up with anything revolutionary.

But many of the games released on xbox and gamecube came from sony first.

REvolutionary? Try the backwards compatibility.

The problem is, games are less and less revolutionary, there is that "hit game", but things have been done over and over and over again.

Nintendo has been revolutionary, being the "father" of gaming, but like sega, they have to keep up with the changing in appeals and gaming convienience.

Why might that be? Because for every decent game there's 50 shit ones? Yes.

Very subjective.

Lets go by sales, because you and I can argue what is good or not.

GTA was popular, Halo was popular, gamecube had....

Resident evil, right, but that game just appeals to a smaller genre FOR that console.

Beyond good and evil was EXTRAORDINARY, you have many titles that have been overrlooked in "GTA/halo" season, dissapointing but true.

So? Gamecube has better games than both. Bill Gates was only concerned with becoming the biggest selling.

Thats what its about in the end.

People buy what they like, or what looks appealing, which is why it deems subjective for a small percentage of the game populace, you and I, to say what is "shit" and what isn't.

Everything gamecube had that I found interesting, was on PS2 mostly anyways.

Halo kept xbox alive, noone should deny that.

Sony and Microsoft can boast about sales all they want.

They have the third party support and influence to back it up.

Nintendo will always come out with a better game and show that it doesn't matter. They've got ENOUGH sales.

Then why the price drop?

Why did gamecube drop their price?

Maybe it was because many saw something they (excuse me and you), liked more and moved on.

Third party support is at an all time low, there is no online play for the most part.

Thats what also matters, its what the people want.

Games make the system, but its not what you play in the game, its also what you can do.

A decent game can become great in massive multiplayer.

Xbox and PS2 have never had such a game.

Very subjective, I'm not going to go into this.

Me and you like what we like, but I think TMB was VERY underrated.

Why are you referring to sales? Avril Lavigne sells multi-platinum. She's still shit.
It was to support my thesis/premise about companies giving people what they want.

Its an oligopoly.

which is why I find your later post odd...

Nintendo's returns factory has the highest unemployment rate in the games industry.

I had MK1 on SNES, it had blood in it. The blood was optional. So you obviously got some Sunday market version.

I don't want to tangent too far here, but there was no blood released in the states, so maybe that was why you had blood.

A,B,A,C,A,B,B released blood and fatalities for the sega, nintendo had sweat.

I had an uncensored, 18 rated version of Duke Nukem on mine. Don't know where you're getting this from.

N64 duke didn't have strippers, it had a warehouse, and removed some levels.

Anyway, maybe it was just in the states, who knows.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 10:38 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

not done yet...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Sony got as far as Resident Evil 3 (which was incredibly mediocre).
It was playable, the first and second one was better.

They couldn't push the boundaries, so they sold it to DREAMCAST who made Code Veronica.

Marketing tool, company had no more innovation, so they sold it and moved on.

Sega stopped pushing the envelope long ago, when it and nintendo were running things, before PLAYSTATION, and xbox showed up.

Then Sony stole it back years later and took the credit. They couldn't do it on their own. Of course, in 2002 Nintendo get a phone call hmmm.

Bait and switch, the company wasn't pushing the envelope in other areas, one game wasn't going to save it.

Power is influence.

Sony: Nintendo? It's Sony.
Nintendo: What do you want?
Sony: We can't make games better and we're losing money. Buy our Resi's off us, they're not gonna get any better.
Nintendo: Alright.

k.. look above

Couple years later Sony want Resi 4 back so they LOOK (in the eyes of Sony fanboys) like they're as good. When the game is shitter.

Nintendo has had its dissapointments as well..

Like them going to E3 and boasting about GBA to GC connectivity, and showcasing all these games, making it all hyped up.

Next year around, only had a handfull, zelda was one of them that did ok in the market.

Exactly, because Nintendo very very rarely pull those stunts.

Look above...

Gamecube is purely for games because that's what Nintendo do.

thats nice for nintendo, unfortunately, people want the extra options, online play, and a different gaming genre.

They're not a multi-software company.

Which is working against them, no need to defend it, I'm sure nintendo will try to catch on.

Lets see backwards compatiblity, where did that come from?

They want to give gamers the best and they do. They don't see the point in putting two ports in, why?

The same reason that nintendo made a DS, xbox made you buy a dvd player, and the same reason that Nintendo has pokemon orange, and Mario party 13...

More money? They want gamers to have money to spend on games, not accessories.

The consoles are around the same price, before nintendo did its drop, so you had the accessories included.

Accessories are very much wanted, thats like saying people who drive cars don't want an air conditioner/cd player.

We do.

Sony games were as expensive here and unlike the cartridges, the discs used to fail.

Sorry about that, but I know that sony games were cheaper here, AND the new generation had the Greatest hits at 20 dollars.

The other systems copied that too.

Its war, enemies STEAL from the other enemy, you have no idea what is original really, once you think about it.

I do agree on the reliability on the console, I said that needed to be worked on.

Lest we forget Sony hyped up the PS2 discs as being cool and purple.

Those stupid CD's?

I made a killing fixing people's consoles after they got a disc read error.

Those ended in 2001, and they stuck to the Dvd format, with better graphics and sound.

Years down the road there's malfunctions and the purple discs won't run.

REad above...

Nintendo's returns factory has the highest unemployment rate in the games industry.

I thought this wasn't relevant.

Banjo didn't suck, but that's subjective. Nor did Donkey Kong.
50 games to 1, or "kiddy" games is no more/less subjective.

Stop emphasising money, it's irrelevant.

Half Life is a PC game,

But was on the playstation, which is why I emphasize having a pc with your console.

Red Faction one borrowed heavily from it but was a great game.

Yes, but games take ideas from another, no differently than music.

Timesplitters series stole most of what's great about it from N64's Goldeneye, MKDA and MKD wouldn't be around were it not for Nintendo.

No, it improved

It felt like goldeneye, but the customization, missions, and humor, put Goldeneye in the dust in terms of multiplayer.

Of course fanboys won't accept that.

Lest we forget Metal Gear, the saga that started on the original Nintendo.

But that was also improved on the playstation. No different than resident evil, right?

I also recommend Kingdom hearts, a great title.

Exactly! You just named 6 things. One of them is "games", which is what we're discussing.

We were discussing consoles last I checked.

Many, many, things go to console, games in the end make the console, but options, variety, and versatility KEEP the buyers.

Sony fan boys are impressed that their GAMES console plays CDs and DVDs. I'm not, because that's not what I bought it for.

I bought mine for games, but that was a cherry on the top.

People buy cars to drive, but Cd players and Air conditioners come in there, wierd.

Its called improvement.

Why are you claiming Sony are great because of stuff that has no relevance to gaming? Bit pointless.

I think they are great because they offered alot of options, backwards compatiblity etc. Versatility.

I told you the gaming population isn't what it was in the past decade, thats nintendo's fault.

They don't have gaming versatility. They chuck out a hundred games and have the odd good one.

Subjective again, look at the title choices.

xbox was great for shooters, and sports.

playstation had shooters, sports, racing, fighting, adventure, etc.

Good for all ages, xbox is deemed mature, nintendo is deemed for a younger audience.

The cash cow for nintendo is the GBA anyways.

Nintendo was just games? Exactly, haha. Of course it's just games. We're discussing games and games consoles.

Consoles that had many features...

You Sony guys are just impressed by Sony cramming everything on the machine that you don't need.

Um, to be honest, I think the best games are the older ones and spend more of my time playing my genesis and nintendo sorry.

We can have a fanboy war too:

"Nintendo likes to have repeats of pokemon, and mario party, and donkey kong, and the same old zelda, and..."

Great. I didn't ever put a DVD into my Playstation and think "Wow, what awesome games."

I said you should play what you want to play, and get the system that suits you, such bias isn't necessary.

Because that's not relevant.

To you...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by hotsauce6548
However it gets versatile, whether it be by stealing everything, or by pumping out so many games, it is versatile, and you can't really deny it.

Although I enjoy playing on all the current gen systems, I have to admit that.
Me too, I really spend more of my time on the old stuff though...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 10:49 PM
Red Superfly

Hahaha, look at those titles.

First three are shit, Clock Tower is missable, Onimusha is very very good, Monster Hunter and Maximo are nothing new. Same ol' Same ol'.

-AC

Same thing could be said about the likes of Mario Kart: Double Dash, Mario Tennis and Mario Golf. These were crap in my opinion.

Devil May Cry 2 was shit, but 1 & 3 aren't to be sniffed at.

In my opinion every console has something to offer to everyone, at any given time. If one didn't, it would be taken off the shelves. All 3 have done something right at different levels.

These days, however, I shall only be looking for one. XBox 360 for me, for reasons stated previously, but not until after christmas I think.

Last edited by Red Superfly on Sep 12th, 2005 at 11:05 PM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 11:03 PM
Creshosk

I like all the systems. Who cares which system is better? I can't play kingdom hearts on my cube, I can't play SSBM on my Ps2, and I can only play fable on my X-Box.

So if I want to be able to play all of these games I haev to have all of the systems. The only time it matters is when its a game that is on each console. In which case you should just go with the one you are most comfortable with. I got Sc2 for the Cube because I like Link. I got Sonic Heros for the cube because it was a gift from my grandmother, who probably didn't even know it was for the other systems.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 11:48 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Agrees 100%, for the third time here..

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 11:50 PM
KILLBILLFREAK
----DiVAS-R-DEADLY-------

Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I really like the PSP, shame its so expensive or it wouldn't be so underrated...

They are going to lower the prices for the Holidays

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 12:13 AM
KILLBILLFREAK is currently offline Click here to Send KILLBILLFREAK a Private Message Find more posts by KILLBILLFREAK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you think I'm replying to all of it, laughable. To get a big bulk of your post out of the way, anything regarding sales I won't be replying to since they have no relevance nor do they matter.

No, they are not behind on the concept, but they are behind the total race.

The gamer audience are becoming older and older, granted many grew up on nintendo, which are the main population anyways.

What race? For sales? As said, it doesn't matter.

More people find Nintendo to be the more reliable source.

You say "Games do make the system but there are more things gamers look for". What? Like how well it plays DVDs? How powerful it is? Gamecube's graphics are much better than both systems, it's smaller, cheaper and has the better games and the more original games. You're no more of a gamer than I am just because you love to hype up the irrelevant specs of a machine. If we're being technical, Gamecube has the better processor.

Gamecube's controller is incredible, Sony's is just bog-standard. Nothing wrong with it, but nothing new or revolutionary about it.

Size and reliability? Sony? Reliable? Worst machine their is. Literally bails out all the time. Doesn't run properly when standing because the laser can't hack it. So anyone's plans to fit it standing up go out the window.

Price? Cube was cheapest, had a lot of awesome launch games.

I stick with sony because of better controllers, a wider variety of games, more features, easy to carry around and set up, decent online play. etc.

Better controller, subjective. Wider variety? Yeah, but also more shit. More features? So what? Why is it a better GAMES console because it plays DVDs? Makes no sense at all. You're chatting crap. Easy to carry around and set up? Cube fits in a handbag.

Mario is great, had its peak at mario 3, had its revolution at mario 64, now he/luigi are slowly getting less interesting, and are just rehashing the same old games over and over again.

Mario Party 12 anyone?

Hahahaha. And Sony aren't? They're the kings of rehashing the hack and slash walk-along. Sony fans suck it up.

Resident Evil is a good,solid game. Made most of its money and recognition on playstation, it was an awesome game on gamecube, but you had many years to tweak/work it.

You? I don't work for Nintendo.

Second, where it made money doesn't matter. Where it's better matters. Answer? Cube. Who made it better? Cube.

Nintendo is pretty repetitive, and makes its money off of its core characters, with their fame.

Mario, donkey kong, kirby, yoshi etc.

If something isn't broken, why fix it?

But if you aren't going to change anything, why keep making it?

Talk about contradiction. If it's not broken, why fix it? Exactly. People still want Mario games. I don't want 5 more God of War-alikes to go with the other 10 thousand.

Nintendo, hands down. The main population love their pokemon and Mario party too much to let it go...

False generalisation. This thread proves otherwise.

But many of the games released on xbox and gamecube came from sony first.

REvolutionary? Try the backwards compatibility.

The problem is, games are less and less revolutionary, there is that "hit game", but things have been done over and over and over again.

Nintendo has been revolutionary, being the "father" of gaming, but like sega, they have to keep up with the changing in appeals and gaming convienience.

They do keep up, hence why they're continually revered as the greatest games makers.

Very subjective.

There has never been a game as good as RE4 on any other console.

Lets go by sales, because you and I can argue what is good or not.

Exactly, so why not accept that you like something provably inferior? Sales mean nothing. I'm not going to sit here and indulge your irrelevancy just because you can't hack debating about something on topic.

Thats what its about in the end.

It's not. End of story. It's about quality. That's why you Sony fanboys are idiots. You love the company, not what it makes.

Then why the price drop?

Why did gamecube drop their price?

Maybe it was because many saw something they (excuse me and you), liked more and moved on.

A) Don't speak for me.

B) What did Sony fans see that they liked though? Sony fans got sucked into being impressed by the non-relevant features. I don't care if my cellphone can make my dinner. If it can't call anyone properly, I don't want it.

nintendo had sweat.

Apparantly not everywhere.

N64 duke didn't have strippers, it had a warehouse, and removed some levels.

Anyway, maybe it was just in the states, who knows. [/B][/QUOTE]

It was.

Marketing tool, company had no more innovation, so they sold it and moved on.

Sega stopped pushing the envelope long ago, when it and nintendo were running things, before PLAYSTATION, and xbox showed up.

Exactly. They couldn't innovate so they sold it to someone who could, took it back and claimed the credit.

Playstation and Xbox can run the sales all day, it doesn't change the fact that Gamecube's best Vs the best from the other two will always win.

With regards to your second essay, because this is all about sales to you and I have no interest in discussing sales and marketing techniques:

-My unemployment comment was a joke highlighting Sony's unreliability.

-Nintendo DS is a new and innovative item. PSP is pocket playstation. Sit in your room playing something that you have infront of you.

-I think Goldeneye shits on Timesplitters in every way shape or form. Then you have Perfect Dark, greatest shooter of all time.

People buy cars to drive, but Cd players and Air conditioners come in there, wierd.

Its called improvement.

But they won't sit there and say "My car is better because it blows cold air."

Sales aren't relevant, because in any major industry, sales just reflects what has been marketed more effectively. Justin Timberlake sells better than Opeth. The "people" want Justin more than they want Opeth. But people are idiots who will buy anything if there's enough thrown in, regardless of how irrelevant.

DVDs, CDs and shit ARE irrelevant because we are discussing which is the better GAMES console. Not which is better at playing music.

So if you choose to reply, please focus on what I've said about the consoles. Not the sales.

As for Devil May Cry, it's shit. Run along, kill, done. I got over that at Streets of Rage.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 12:18 AM
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

I agree with AC on many of those points, could not have said it better then he did ragarding the DVD n cd issue, it has no place in VIDEO GAMES, its just seomthing they added to get more sales most likly, AC i got this new consol it makes coffé for me its much better then your cube

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 01:41 AM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KILLBILLFREAK
----DiVAS-R-DEADLY-------

Originally posted by The Highlord
I agree with AC on many of those points, could not have said it better then he did ragarding the DVD n cd issue, it has no place in VIDEO GAMES, its just seomthing they added to get more sales most likly, AC i got this new consol it makes coffé for me its much better then your cube

COOL cool

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 01:45 AM
KILLBILLFREAK is currently offline Click here to Send KILLBILLFREAK a Private Message Find more posts by KILLBILLFREAK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I've see this has turned into your vendetta against playstation, this went from an "whats the best things to look for when you are selecting a console", to "Nintendo rules, Playstation sucks, because I say so."

tsk tsk tsk, and the fact that most of this is ad hominem, makes me think about the premise of your argument.

If you think I'm replying to all of it, laughable. To get a big bulk of your post out of the way, anything regarding sales I won't be replying to since they have no relevance nor do they matter.

To reply for the sake of it doesn't help an argument, if you were to actually listen to what I said, its not what the majority wants, it is whats best for you.

Sales again, were in correlation of what people want now, in relation to what they wanted in the past decade.

What race? For sales? As said, it doesn't matter.

The race of what people want now, that is reflected by sales, the other systems have an appeal for the massive buyers that one doesn't, come to terms with it.

More people find Nintendo to be the more reliable source.

How can you sit here and tell me not to use ad populem arguments, while you keep doing the same?

Amazing from now own if you are going to tell me that what the majority thinks doesn't matter, at least stick to it in the same damend post.

More people, like who, nintendo fanboys?

Well if more people like the playstation...

You say "Games do make the system but there are more things gamers look for". What? Like how well it plays DVDs?

Yes, apparently or people wouldn't be enjoying them, its not like I'm making it up, and just because you don't like it, doesn't make it less true.

How powerful it is? Gamecube's graphics are much better than both systems, it's smaller, cheaper and has the better games and the more original games.

Craziness, if you are going to attack a persons post, at least use fact.

Xbox was the most powerful and had the best graphics engine, I thought this was common knowledge.

I'm not going into "better games" because it relies off of your opinion, which is not only subjective, but turning out to be highly biased.

Proceeding from or taking place in a person's mind rather than the external world: a subjective decision.
Particular to a given person; personal: subjective experience.
Moodily introspective.
Existing only in the mind; illusory.
Psychology. Existing only within the experiencer's mind.
Medicine. Of, relating to, or designating a symptom or condition perceived by the patient and not by the examiner.
Expressing or bringing into prominence the individuality of the artist or author.
Grammar. Relating to or being the nominative case.
Relating to the real nature of something; essential.

This was about exclaiming what is the best in the idea for a new item, and turned into your "Nintendo rocks, playstation sucks!!" argument, which has basically gone off of your own opinion rather than any fact I'm aware of...

You're no more of a gamer than I am just because you love to hype up the irrelevant specs of a machine.

Who said I was "more" of a gamer? I myself don't care about all this "hype" and such

Irrelevant to YOU, they are there, you don't like it too bad.

Its just part of what was used to influence people into buying systems.

We should go off of fact, or a biased, subjective opinion?

If we're being technical, Gamecube has the better processor.

Xbox again, this should be common knowledge people.

Who said I was "more" of a gamer? I myself don't care about all this "hype" and such

Gamecube's controller is incredible, Sony's is just bog-standard. Nothing wrong with it, but nothing new or revolutionary about it.

Again going by your subjective mind.

Gamecube had a good controller for many games, but playstation had a parallel design that was simialar to the snes.

For most, that design was more applicable to more games, AND had MUCH better control, and ease to maneuver.

The cstick and everything, made shooting and fighting games more difficult, because of the lack of symmetry.

I recommend the logitech, more expensive, but has quality over the wavebird, is heavier, and fits to the hand, can play rooms away.

Sorry for the subjectiveness.

Gamecube is better than the xbox though...

Size and reliability?

Size goes to the new playstation (smaller version)

Reliability/durability goes to nintendo.

Sony? Reliable? Worst machine their is

In terms of reliability,yes. Did I say it was the best, I mentioned several times its tendencies to falter.

I was blessed with one that didn't.

Literally bails out all the time. Doesn't run properly when standing because the laser can't hack it.

Which should be one reason to choose the system you like.

Mine stands up fine.

So anyone's plans to fit it standing up go out the window.

My stands up fine.
Price? Cube was cheapest, had a lot of awesome launch games.
Gamecube was cheapest because it was losing the game war, sales affect price and quality, see where this is shaping up.

Awesome launch games, always does. But the quality tends to go down, which turns people off.

Better controller, subjective.
You sure know alot about being subjective I may add.

Wider variety? Yeah, but also more shit.

I'm tired of coolness arguments, this is not what a debate it about, treating your opinion as fact.

More features? So what? Why is it a better GAMES console because it plays DVDs? Makes no sense at all. You're chatting crap.

I'm chatting crap, NO, you are wrong on your facts.

Its called the SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM!!!

Gamecube is a gamecube, xbox is an xbox, get with the program, I already said gamecube was about games, why do the other systems have to be about gamecube, do they need a handicap or something for you?

Easy to carry around and set up? Cube fits in a handbag.

Try the small playstation, cube is easy too.

Hahahaha. And Sony aren't? They're the kings of rehashing the hack and slash walk-along. Sony fans suck it up.

Not as much as nintendo.

Not the point, you are acting like I'm saying sony is perfect or something to aid your argument, which is totally off the topic I started out with.

I play what I like...

You? I don't work for Nintendo.
I'm actually surprised at that comment

Second, where it made money doesn't matter. Where it's better matters. Answer? Cube. Who made it better? Cube.

Then why are YOU talking about systems stealing systems ideas and such?

Stop being a fanboy, you are going to contradict yourself...

Talk about contradiction. If it's not broken, why fix it? Exactly.

There may be hope for you yet, I just said that.

People still want Mario games. I don't want 5 more God of War-alikes to go with the other 10 thousand.

Why make another games/system then?
If you aren't going to fix anything, then why keep making new ones.

Surely money and sales don't matter, right?

False generalisation. This thread proves otherwise.

This thread has proven that nintendo fanboys ALWAYS come on these threads, and ruin it with their "nintendo is underrated" mess.

Fanboys ALWAYS think what they love is underrated.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Last edited by Tha C-Master on Sep 13th, 2005 at 02:12 AM

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 02:10 AM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

They do keep up, hence why they're continually revered as the greatest games makers.

Coolness argument.

Proceeding from or taking place in a person's mind rather than the external world: a subjective decision.
Moodily introspective.
Medicine. Of, relating to, or designating a symptom or condition perceived by the patient and not by the examiner.
Expressing or bringing into prominence the individuality of the artist or author.
There has never been a game as good as RE4 on any other console.

Exactly, so why not accept that you like something provably inferior?

How arrogant, first you don't listen, then you say I'm liking something inferior, who says so, you.

Doesn't make it fact right.

Which is also why I have all three consoles, and your opinion seems that more biased to me.

Sales mean nothing. I'm not going to sit here and indulge your irrelevancy just because you can't hack debating about something on topic.

I'm done indulging your coolness arguments, your "nintendo rules xxoroxxs!!!"

I've put this on topic and I said what I choose and what is the system to get dependent on what you are looking for.

Who blew this out of proportion, and hasn't used any real fact? -AC

t's not. End of story. It's about quality. That's why you Sony fanboys are idiots. You love the company, not what it makes.

Now resorting to attacking me because you've succeded in nothing else?

Quality of the system comes from many, many, factors.

So quality is a generalization.

You attacking everyone so vehemently who disagrees with you and calling them wrong, and stupid, because they don't like your biased opinion, makes you a fanboy of the highest degree.

A) Don't speak for me.

I wasn't again you aren't paying attention while you sit on your roost.

I said taking me and you out of the other numbers who chose to buy, and generalizing that, to keep it from sounding like an accusation on the party here.

B) What did Sony fans see that they liked though? Sony fans got sucked into being impressed by the non-relevant features.

Coolness argument, subjective opinion, I'm not here to make you change your opinions that you treat as fact.

Moodily introspective.

I don't care if my cellphone can make my dinner. If it can't call anyone properly, I don't want it.

Here I agree, but if I have a car that works as good as another, with more features...

Exactly. They couldn't innovate so they sold it to someone who could, took it back and claimed the credit.

Like mGs?

Playstation and Xbox can run the sales all day, it doesn't change the fact that Gamecube's best Vs the best from the other two will always win.

Can we look up subjective?

Moodily introspective.
With regards to your second essay, because this is all about sales to you and I have no interest in discussing sales and marketing techniques:

-My unemployment comment was a joke highlighting Sony's unreliability.

w/e

-Nintendo DS is a new and innovative item. PSP is pocket playstation. Sit in your room playing something that you have infront of you.

time to be subjective.

I swear its like this is coming from a magazine or something.

Gameboy advance was THE money maker for nintendo, SP was just the same thing, and a way to make money.

PSP is the better MACHINE, not necessarily portable.

Put them side by side at the same release date and price them for free, guess what?

-I think Goldeneye shits on Timesplitters in every way shape or form. Then you have Perfect Dark, greatest shooter of all time.

You sound like such a fanboy lol.

Moodily introspective.

But they won't sit there and say "My car is better because it blows cold air."

If it runs fine and blows cool air, then which would you get?

Sony is a computer entertainment system.

Its no longer a simple "gaming console", jesus, I play my SNES more than all my other systems, because I like the games more.

Sales aren't relevant, because in any major industry, sales just reflects what has been marketed more effectively. Justin Timberlake sells better than Opeth.

Nintendo has had weaker marketing, but also power of word gets around.

This is an oligopoly, like coke and pepsi.

One or the other.

The "people" want Justin more than they want Opeth. But people are idiots who will buy anything if there's enough thrown in, regardless of how irrelevant.

True...

DVDs, CDs and shit ARE irrelevant because we are discussing which is the better GAMES console. Not which is better at playing music.

I'm discussing which CONSOLE is better.

You feel bad that a COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM has other features, not my problem.

So if you choose to reply, please focus on what I've said about the consoles. Not the sales.

I've read your subjective opinion, and this is my last time entertaining your notion about "my opinion is fact".

All I was trying to do was say what I liked, and what to get, and like superfly said, it ALWAYS delves into petty fanboyism

ALWAYS.

When you can't get your point across you insult the console, when you can't get that across, you insult the people who play them, you turn an argument into an argument for ARGUMENTS sake, and you don't listen to the premise.

We were all correct at first, but now, its absurd.

Continue to reply to this post, but its falling on blind eyes, because YOU who insulted all the other Playstation players as FANBOYS, have turned out to be a fanboy of the highest degree, and fanboys are usually jealous of the most popular thing, the trend.

Or they feel what they love and value is overrated, I can't change how you feel, but if you are going to attack posts, use facts and NOT your opinion, especially when its so biased and insulting.

As for Devil May Cry, it's shit. Run along, kill, done. I got over that at Streets of Rage.

Streets of Rage rocked.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 02:12 AM