KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Nintendo Revolution Thread

Nintendo Revolution Thread
Started by: HigH ScholaR

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
gls
Holy hell

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zen2nd
Sega actually made a controll just for fishing about 4 years ago but you don't see that flying off the shelves.
umm sega wasn't the only one either. btw i have one for dreamcast and theyre cool :P

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 07:37 PM
gls is currently offline Click here to Send gls a Private Message Find more posts by gls Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zen2nd
Veridis Quo

ah okay! I watched the video for it, and I have to honestly say I may be slightly interested! BUT just slightly interested don't be getting any ideas into your heads.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 07:58 PM
Zen2nd is currently offline Click here to Send Zen2nd a Private Message Find more posts by Zen2nd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

Originally posted by Zen2nd
ah okay! I watched the video for it, and I have to honestly say I may be slightly interested! BUT just slightly interested don't be getting any ideas into your heads.

rock happy

you know you like it wink beer

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 08:12 PM
HigH ScholaR is currently offline Click here to Send HigH ScholaR a Private Message Find more posts by HigH ScholaR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Refused
Iconoclast

The video of it just totally got me exited. Nintendo is back bitches.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 08:24 PM
Refused is currently offline Click here to Send Refused a Private Message Find more posts by Refused Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I really like the idea for a drawing application..

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 10:12 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

pretty kool idea, im sure a few ppl dont like the new control, but that happens all the time, when nintendo first came out with the D pad for the nes im sure a few ppl didnt like it but soon after ppl tried it out they loved it. look back at what everyone used to play with Ataris 2 button and joystick controller woooooooooo glad nintendo came around big grin.

The Word

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 06:09 AM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

well now that we know what nintendo's new console is,

do you think nintendo will survive?
how shoild they do things differently that they did with the gamecube?

i've made my points already on page 1 but would like to hear yours

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 11:56 AM
HigH ScholaR is currently offline Click here to Send HigH ScholaR a Private Message Find more posts by HigH ScholaR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

do I think nintendo will survive : of course.. I'm pretty sure the age group they aim for far outnumbers the type of age group that thrives off of "Mature" games.. plus they just have such a nice vivid outlook on some of the wierder genres.. and I believe their controller will compliment that even more than the stylus complimented the DS

How should they do things differently that they did with the gamecube : Hmm... they should try to lessen the amount of hardware they release, and focus more on bolstering their gaming libarary.. cube had all that "link GBA to cube cable" and "Modem/broadband adapter" .. and the memory cards were just stupid.. you get like a (#) blocks memory card.. and you find out that 1 game doesnt take just 1 block.. they take like 10 blocks or 4.. or 6.. that whole aspect annoyed me very much

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 12:49 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
[B] and the memory cards were just stupid.. you get like a (#) blocks memory card.. and you find out that 1 game doesnt take just 1 block.. they take like 10 blocks or 4.. or 6.. that whole aspect annoyed me very much

i agree they annoyed me like hell, and only 4mb dam.

anyone else on what nintendo should do/change with the revolution

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 01:00 PM
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

Originally posted by Wolf Dog
The video of it just totally got me exited. Nintendo is back bitches.

so u nintendo fans finnally admitted that nintendo sucked...refering to gamecube....after its totally disappointing show on the cube, u think its going to steal the next generation console wars???wrong. nintendo is not competing (in terms of hardware atleast)

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 10:51 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Refused
Iconoclast

"nintendo is not competing (in terms of hardware atleast)"

What a dumb thing to say. Nintendo hasn't released any specs for it so how would you know. I remember GC was also being pre-eliminated from the hardware war last generation and look at RE4 now.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 11:03 PM
Refused is currently offline Click here to Send Refused a Private Message Find more posts by Refused Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by Silverstein
so u nintendo fans finnally admitted that nintendo sucked...refering to gamecube....after its totally disappointing show on the cube, u think its going to steal the next generation console wars???wrong. nintendo is not competing (in terms of hardware atleast)
nintendo said their hardware is equal to the other 2 parties participating in the 'console wars' .. noones gonna put something out without up-to-date graphics...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 06:48 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

For Revolution to be successful it's absolutely essential that they get decent third party games for the system. Their last two systems have almost entirely been made noteworthy simply because of first party titles (especially the gamecube, which had like 1 extremely good third party title). If they don't do this the system won't be able to compete, they won't be able to rely on Zelda, Mario and Metroid forever.

Last edited by BackFire on Sep 18th, 2005 at 08:30 PM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 09:52 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx

Originally posted by Wolf Dog
"nintendo is not competing (in terms of hardware atleast)"

What a dumb thing to say. Nintendo hasn't released any specs for it so how would you know. I remember GC was also being pre-eliminated from the hardware war last generation and look at RE4 now.

well for one thing, in Gamepro's June 2005(#201) on page 60, it shows E3 Hit List, Xbox 360 PS3 and Revolution with a note that says " nitnendo has said it will not compete with PS3 and Xbox 360 in terms of hardware, so you can expect mid level graphical performance and a significantly lower price point."

and please, stop mentioning resident evil 4

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 07:58 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Refused
Iconoclast

Originally posted by Silverstein
well for one thing, in Gamepro's June 2005(#201) on page 60, it shows E3 Hit List, Xbox 360 PS3 and Revolution with a note that says " nitnendo has said it will not compete with PS3 and Xbox 360 in terms of hardware, so you can expect mid level graphical performance and a significantly lower price point."

and please, stop mentioning resident evil 4

The specs aren't out. That is all i'm saying about that. And i was just mentioning RE4 to point out how GC can handle good graphics. I could have easily mentioned some other game.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 08:29 PM
Movie_Geek_
Fighter

RE4 is the best in terms of graphics for GC games unfortunately. I have always liked the PS and X-box graphics better. The thing people forget is that the kind of games Nintendo puts out are not meant to be graphic games.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 08:38 PM
Movie_Geek_ is currently offline Click here to Send Movie_Geek_ a Private Message Find more posts by Movie_Geek_ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx

yes the gamecube CAN handle great graphics(RE4). But are they interactable?

Last edited by xNIXSONx on Sep 18th, 2005 at 09:51 PM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 09:38 PM
Movie_Geek_
Fighter

Interactable, what do you mean?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 10:11 PM
Movie_Geek_ is currently offline Click here to Send Movie_Geek_ a Private Message Find more posts by Movie_Geek_ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx

Originally posted by Movie_Geek_
Interactable, what do you mean?

interactable like...can u touch cans on a shelf...knock stuff over...stuff like that, or is it all just for show like in the resident evil cube zero

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 12:12 AM
Movie_Geek_
Fighter

I get what you mean...I do not know.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 01:26 AM