KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Jesus Christ

Was Jesus God?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 81 47.93%
No 77 45.56%
Unsure 11 6.51%
Total: 169 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jesus Christ
Started by: Jackie Malfoy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (208): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
eleveninches
God of my own world

Did jesus ever say that he was god??

Or was that just the misinterpretation of his 'followers'.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 01:55 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Good question.No I don't think he did say that he was god.And this follows did.Does anyone know what part of the bible says that jesus says he was god?
If you do please share it.For now I am not sure.JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2004 03:03 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

The most that I know he said was that he was the only son of god, but then again doesnt the bible say that we are all god's children?

Ytaker agreed with me once on October 9th, 2004

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2004 05:37 PM
Turbo-Cajun is currently offline Click here to Send Turbo-Cajun a Private Message Find more posts by Turbo-Cajun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ytaker
Humpty the whale.

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
Good question.No I don't think he did say that he was god.And this follows did.Does anyone know what part of the bible says that jesus says he was god?
If you do please share it.For now I am not sure.JM

The main idea is that he's a member of the trinity; three aspects of God. He is the word. The theory of why he's God revolves around the fact that he occasionally shows aspects of God, like omniscience, omnipotence, or restraint (which is not common is prophets). It is commonly accepted Christian doctrine, but there are no actual words from Jesus, where he says,"I am God" in the Bible.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 12:01 AM
Ytaker is currently offline Click here to Send Ytaker a Private Message Find more posts by Ytaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

I see so it is just a known thing to the christians that he is god?If it does not say in the bible then how they do this is true?JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 12:10 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

Organized religion makes up answeres to fill in the blanks...

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 10:09 PM
Turbo-Cajun is currently offline Click here to Send Turbo-Cajun a Private Message Find more posts by Turbo-Cajun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

actually...no.

atleast, not my church. For example, Colossians 2:9-10: "For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily, And you have been made full in Him, who is the Head of all rule and authority".

2:8 is refering to Christ, so we know that when it says "in Him" it is refering to Christ. 2:9 says that God is in Christ, and 2:10 says that Christ is the Head of all rule and Authority. If Christ weren't God, aka if he weren't the son of God and God at the same time, then it wouldn't say "in him dwells" and then refer to Him as the "Head of rule and authority". this is one of many passages that refer to Christ as God, and part of the Godhead.

also, the fact that there are three facets of God in the Father, Son and Spirit, in no way makes Christianity a polytheistic religion. In the beginning of John, it states "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" and "The Word became flesh and tabernacled among us". This statement is one basis for the belief in the Trinity. The Word is seperate from the Creator, and yet is the Creator. Jesus (him who became flesh and tabernacled among us) is the Word, and is God. Not polytheistic, but the entities comprising one being. The Triune God, three in one.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 03:05 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

The early church had a lot of difficulties... the letter of Colossians was written by Paul the apostle (most likely) to the Colosians in order to push his view of who Jesus was. Jesus didnt say anything like that in the Gospels... by saying that Jesus had "in him the all the fullness of Godhead bodily," Paul was saying that Jesus had all the qualities of God in human form (despite never meeting him).

But, see the church instead of saying "Well Jesus said he was the son of God, and Paul thinks that Jesus had 'all the fullness of god in human form'" we have "It says in the Bible, Colossians 2:9 that Jesus had 'in him all the fullness of Godhead bodily', so we can take this to mean that he really was this 'godhead'"

It was something written to fill in the blanks during the early church... no one really knows if Jesus really was as he was described in Colossians, shit even the author of Colossians doesnt know. Paul/Saul, never ever even met Jesus. Paul was writing the letter to answer questions early Christians had to which there were no answers.

Or in other words "filling in blanks with made up answers."

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 07:03 PM
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

I can understand that,Thanks!JM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 08:15 PM
ska57
~!~

John 12:45 (Jesus talking)"When he looks at me, he sees the One who sent Me."

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 09:31 PM
ska57 is currently offline Click here to Send ska57 a Private Message Find more posts by ska57 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

TC> we (read: Christians) believe that the books of the Bible were divinely inspired, so when Paul or John, etc, says something, we believe it came from God. And no, we don't blindly follow whatever we are told.

ska57> thank you. very good verse.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 10:46 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morningstar
-Nous tout meurt un jour-

quote:
Originally posted by Turbo-Cajun
Or in other words "filling in blanks with made up answers."

lol u really like saying that wink

JM: "Does anyone know what part of the bible says that jesus says he was god?"

Jesus doesnt say that he is God. If you look in the Bible, every time he prayed to God he said 'My Father.'
As Ytaker said, Jesus is part of the Holy Trinity - or, as many Christians say, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

~*Je t'aime Andrew. Pouquoi ne peux pas tu voir cela*~

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 09:20 AM
Morningstar is currently offline Click here to Send Morningstar a Private Message Find more posts by Morningstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

But if the jews believe that god is the father, then it makes sense for them to believe that they are all the children of god

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 10:07 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jury
Extreme Member

Biblically speaking... Jesus is not the God. Jesus never decalred that He was Him and God never proclaimed that Jesus and He are one God.

False doctrines flow into the Church and started to believe that Christ is God. ... and these self-proclaimed Christians call themselves Catholics and still this doctrine later adapted by the Protestants.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 01:09 PM
Jury is currently offline Click here to Send Jury a Private Message Find more posts by Jury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
I could be wrong through.I really don't have a clue!JM

You should get that put on a tee shirt.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 04:35 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 05:42 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

In the "Our Father" prayer the line "The Father, the son, and the holy spirit," can be thought of as three entities, but there is argument for them being of one being. And if you look at it from purely a religious standpoint, in the Christian faith, an argument can be made for both.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 04:15 AM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ytaker
Humpty the whale.

quote:
Originally posted by eleveninches
But if the jews believe that god is the father, then it makes sense for them to believe that they are all the children of god

If you really need an answer, I can research it, but frankly that would be boring. I remember that he called God "abba" which is an affectionate term for father (implying a unique relationship). For a Jew to use it would be sacrilege or something similar. There are also no recorded works where a Jew used it.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 01:02 AM
Ytaker is currently offline Click here to Send Ytaker a Private Message Find more posts by Ytaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ytaker
Humpty the whale.

quote:
Originally posted by Jury
Biblically speaking... Jesus is not the God. Jesus never decalred that He was Him and God never proclaimed that Jesus and He are one God.

False doctrines flow into the Church and started to believe that Christ is God. ... and these self-proclaimed Christians call themselves Catholics and still this doctrine later adapted by the Protestants.

I appeal. The jury was biased by extraordinary stupidity. The idea of a trinity was good enough to be accepted. Just because man invented it, doesn't mean that it's false.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 01:05 AM
Jury
Extreme Member

The idea of the trinity is very nonsense... how could those three different persons/entities be one God? The answer would always resort into "mystery" that no man could ever comprehend.

Duh! The Bible says that the knowledge about God is very clear... because God has made it clear so that no one could ever make an excuse like that.

God said, that a man is a man and not God. He also declared that He wouldn't allow Himself to be both God and man because He would go against His words. He wouldn't allow any man to be God also. Jesus Christ, on the other hand is a man, as proclaimed in the Bible, and never been the God. So Jesus Christ, being man, cannot be God for there is only one God, as what He declared, and that only true God is the Father... meaning Not the Son.. not the Holy Spirit.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 11:12 AM
Jury is currently offline Click here to Send Jury a Private Message Find more posts by Jury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote