KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Jesus Christ

Was Jesus God?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 81 47.93%
No 77 45.56%
Unsure 11 6.51%
Total: 169 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jesus Christ
Started by: Jackie Malfoy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (208): « First ... « 206 207 [208]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Sorry Rob, but you'll never be able to convince me that Darwinism is anything more than an extremely dangerous and dumb religion.

It actually violates several laws of science, including the first two laws of thermodynamics and the law of biogenesis, among others.

Darwin's ideas were the start, but we've come along way since 1859.

You are of course free to believe Evolution is all bullshit and/or the stuff of the devil. No need to be sorry.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 11th, 2021 05:15 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Don’t let someone who puts down time bother you Robards. Jesus said’ and My time has not yet come.’

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Mar 11th, 2021 05:17 PM
Wonder Man is online now! Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Wonder Man
The first book of the Bible is Genesis. If you don’t believe in evolution you should.

Evolution is not combatible with Genesis, you weirdo. Evolution in the macro sense is dumb, unscientific, and unscriptural. Only idiots believe in that nonsense and even bigger idiots refer to it as science.

Do nit presume to tell me what I should and should not believe.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Mar 11th, 2021 06:11 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Evolution is not combatible with Genesis, you weirdo. Evolution in the macro sense is dumb, unscientific, and unscriptural. Only idiots believe in that nonsense and even bigger idiots refer to it as science.

Do nit presume to tell me what I should and should not believe.

Not *compatible* and do *not* presume I meant. Couldn't edit post.

I really hate posting from this f***ing phone.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Mar 11th, 2021 06:12 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Wonder Man
The first book of the Bible is Genesis. If you don’t believe in evolution you should.

Go screw yourself, dude. Do not presume to tell me what I should believe. Evolutionism is friggin' stupid and it is directly opposed to what the Book of Genesis teaches.

You either are ignorant on what the Bible actually says or you don't have a real one aka a King James version..

You probably have one of the modern day New Age crap versions. I suggest you throw that shit in the trash and get yourself a real Bible:

The King James Authorized version.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2021 06:20 PM
StyleTime

Any beneficial mutations that ever happen are always detrimental in the long run and in most situations.

For example, a virus mutating to overcome some resistance or survive will still be weaker in most situations than it was before it mutated. The seemingly beneficial mutation will only be beneficial it in that very specific situation.

Oh, and natural selection (which actually happens) is not the same as Darwinist macroevolutionary nonsense (which never happens).

I just mentioned two that aren't though. Mutations aren't always negative. In fact, there's some evidence showing that rare eye colors(relative to the area they appear in) help you get laid more. Sounds like a positive.
Sorry Rob, but you'll never be able to convince me that Darwinism is anything more than an extremely dangerous and dumb religion.

It actually violates several laws of science, including the first two laws of thermodynamics and the law of biogenesis, among others.

We're just trying to disentangle this Darwinism vs Evolutionary Theory thing. Darwinism, as it's used by anti-evolution Creationists, is a fake ideology created to avoid engaging with actual evolutionary theory. I've pointed out before that Darwin was wrong about certain things, even in his time, like pangenesis. To my understanding, Gregor Mendel's ideas about genetic inheritance overrode Darwin's, even back then. And we now understand more about genetics than either of them. Science marches on, and has no problems discarding obsolete ideas.

Despite this, the Creationist version of Darwinism practically requires that we stay stuck in the 1860's, and even their "proper" arguments against it center around aspects that are still undergoing research. It's important to understand the difference between "proven false" and "still being researched." Pangenesis is proven false. Abiogenesis(life from non-living matter) is still being researched.

Also, Evolutionary Theory(including abiogenesis) doesn't violate any law of thermodynamics, and that claim stems from creationist's misunderstanding of that law.

Side note: Darwin wasn't the one who suggested abiogenesis anyway. Aristotle was talking about life possibly arising from nothing a gajillion years ago.

Last edited by StyleTime on Mar 12th, 2021 at 12:18 AM

Old Post Mar 12th, 2021 12:03 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by StyleTime

Also, Evolutionary Theory(including abiogenesis) doesn't violate any law of thermodynamics, and that claim stems from creationist's misunderstanding of that law.

I figure I better get ahead of this, in case others aren't familiar with the creationist argument. It goes like this: in a closed system, energy/matter can neither be created nor destroyed. That's common knowledge and empirically true. Because of this, abiogenesis(life from non-living things) is impossible, and violates physics. Additionally, entropy will be constant in this system, and an ever decreasing energy can't fuel an ever increasing complexity, like evolution.

As I said before though, they misunderstand a crucial point: Earth is not a closed system. We get energy from our sun, and don't depend on just Earth's natural energy supply. Our sun, in all its resplendent glory, enables the biological processes you witness everyday. Animals, plants, bacteria--all living things are free to acquire extra mass and burn energy because the sun readily gives it to us.

Creationists of any religion should be happy tbh. If you think your god put the sun there, then appreciate what it does for all of us. thumb up

(I totally understand why so many pagans across the world worshipped it. (insert Solaire from Dark Souls meme))

Last edited by StyleTime on Mar 12th, 2021 at 05:46 AM

Old Post Mar 12th, 2021 05:32 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Edit. Whoops. Wrong thread.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2021 09:43 PM