KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » starship troopers

starship troopers
Started by: crazy_shadow

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
an_old_wonderer

70.43% finished with the download...hehe....
quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
you miss understand me.... Theres not suppose to be that many bugs... they put u in a base with 20 other guys then they can send 100 bugs at you....

they then send you on a mission on your own.... then send 200 bugs a you when you get there... its there way of ending the demo... instead of letting you complete the lvl

I own the original starship troopers game... i think i was one of the few people to actualy enjoy it. there was more then 15 bugs per lvl....

i played the older one of the game, it wasnt anything like the movie...there werent enough bugs with the ammount of troopers you controlled...in the movie there were tons with so little ammount of toopers. there were about 20 troopers in the movie in a little base and about 2k bugs right outside the walls, they killed a lot but not even most of them and had to call for backup before getting slaughtered.

besides the end of the demo...so? every game has a screwed up ending to a demo lol. it's more and likely gonna be a lot better in the full version because you get more things in the real game then the demo

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 08:47 PM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

I would the game to be like the movie and have 2k of bugs running at you....

on 2 conditions....
1) The system can actually handle showing 2k of bugs....
2) The lvls are actually completeble.... I mean image HL where u went into a room and then all of a sudden 200 head crabs jumped in... theres no way you would win.... I wouldn't mind if the aim of the lvl was to run away from the 2k of bugs....

By Barker
"There can be only none..."

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 01:13 AM
Hit_and_Miss is currently offline Click here to Send Hit_and_Miss a Private Message Find more posts by Hit_and_Miss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

well the demo is only one mission, and the fullversion will have many more you know O.O

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 01:55 AM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

really???? I didn't know that......wow....

By Barker

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 02:12 AM
Hit_and_Miss is currently offline Click here to Send Hit_and_Miss a Private Message Find more posts by Hit_and_Miss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by crazy_shadow

besides the end of the demo...so? every game has a screwed up ending to a demo lol. it's more and likely gonna be a lot better in the full version because you get more things in the real game then the demo

Yeah, sure.
Even a kick ass gun wouldnt be able to beat that thing. The only thing I can think of is if a dropship picked you up, just when you get attacked.
If that happened, it would be some kick ass gameplay.
But it looks like it wont be like that.
Really, there isnt anything special about this game at all. Nothing. The only thing it has going for it is that its from a cult film.
It doesnt look like it will be great, probably be in the same category as Area 51 game.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 05:11 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

well the downloads complete, time to put my opinion after i play...gtg school in 30 min soo ill have to tell ya guys when i get back from school

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 11:22 AM
an_old_wonderer

Originally posted by crazy_shadow
hmm i can play games without ever jerking....unless im online and it lags because of my internet connection (56k) no expression

i haev a 256mb video card so i shouldnt have any jerky problems...and a 2.6 ghz....plenty of pc room too....im good O.O i cant download the demo cuz its too big for my dialup...itll take like 3-4 days embarrasment
by the way....ment to say 1.6 lol

well heres wat it came out...i cant play because of the requirements, as we all know the minimum requirements never work!! if you guys read the read - me...

Recommended: 3.0ghz CPU, 1Gb RAM, GeForce 6800 or Radeon X800 [1024x768 with shadows], DirectX 9.0c, 600mb free hard drive space, Windows XP ONLY, DirectX compatible PCI soundcard.

Minimum: 2.0ghz CPU, 512mb RAM, GeForce FX5900 or Radeon 9800 [800x600 with shadows], DirectX 9.0c, 600mb free hard drive space, Windows XP ONLY.

3 ghz and 1mb ram!! only thing i got in here is the radeon 9800 which is 256mb....dude i only got 512mb ram and 1.6 ghz, imma have to update a bit here!!

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 11:16 PM
an_old_wonderer

ok if u think the game is bad...and its jerky ur computer isnt good enough, cuz go to this folder on ur computer...

C: \Program Files\Strangelite\Starship Troopers Demo\ArtAssets\Globals\UserInterface

if it's the same area of where u installed the game, click on the video thats called demo_exit

thats how smooth the game is supposed to run if your computer is good....i just watched that and i decided imma buy the game and keep it untill i get my computer up to date on the game lol!

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 12:39 AM
StinkFist462
Your Mom

spose i could download the demo.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 12:50 AM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE DEMO.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 01:31 AM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

Originally posted by StinkFist462
HORRIBLE HORRIBLE DEMO.
y wat happen

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 02:24 AM
StinkFist462
Your Mom

it was utter crap. slow loading times. delayed responses. dumb AI. horrible sound. it was shite in its purest form.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 02:25 AM
an_old_wonderer

it was utter crap. slow loading times. delayed responses. dumb AI. horrible sound. it was shite in its purest form.
i had perfect sounds, im just guessin u dont have the supported needs, go to that folder that i said up there ^^ itll show u how the real gameplay is when your computer is on the up to date thing.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 02:33 AM
StinkFist462
Your Mom

my game ran perfectly. i have a very good computer. the sound in general was just lame. there was no problems. it was just lame.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 02:40 AM
an_old_wonderer

my game ran perfectly. i have a very good computer. the sound in general was just lame. there was no problems. it was just lame.
only problem i had was the graphics cuz i dont have enough ghz or mb ram, but the sound ran good on mine, i heard everythin good. and its just a demo, all demos suck really. ive never seen a good game demo -.-

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 03:34 AM
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

the video looks good... but the games are never as good.

The demo was lame... mainly cause it doesn't show anything good about the game...

By Barker

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 09:51 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

the video looks good... but the games are never as good.

The demo was lame... mainly cause it doesn't show anything good about the game...

So true. Video's dont meant shit when it comes down too it.
Stinkfest is right. The game sucks.
It has all the typical generic FPS settings.
a) crappy scripted events - check
b) crappy guns with second feature - check
c) same repetitive gameplay - check
d) if taken from a movie, show footage of the movie to pass of as actually plot - check
e) weak sounding gun sounds, horrible voiceacting, and pretty crappy programming (for a game that is) - check

I cant see this being any good. It has bland environments, and the bugs are nearly varied enough to actually change the type of gameplay. ( I know that they'res more but really, they just charge at you, nothing else, and some fly, but still its the same thing)

Like I said before, it probably be as good as Area 51. It probalby fun to play for a bit, but not nearly enough to come close to some like FEAR.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 06:44 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

Originally posted by Smasandian
So true. Video's dont meant shit when it comes down too it.
Stinkfest is right. The game sucks.
It has all the typical generic FPS settings.
a) crappy scripted events - check
b) crappy guns with second feature - check
c) same repetitive gameplay - check
d) if taken from a movie, show footage of the movie to pass of as actually plot - check
e) weak sounding gun sounds, horrible voiceacting, and pretty crappy programming (for a game that is) - check

I cant see this being any good. It has bland environments, and the bugs are nearly varied enough to actually change the type of gameplay. ( I know that they'res more but really, they just charge at you, nothing else, and some fly, but still its the same thing)

Like I said before, it probably be as good as Area 51. It probalby fun to play for a bit, but not nearly enough to come close to some like FEAR.

whoever said it was supposed to be a scary game... and yeah of course they just charge at you, do you think their gonna go "hey bud" and shoot somethin at you? lol

the demo for doom 3 sucked ass too, but when i got the real game, i was addicted for about 4 months straight, and i still play every now and then. same with diablo 2, demo sux, then the game i played for 3 YEARS straight. demo's suck, just face it

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 09:46 PM
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

I loved everything about starship troopers since the first movie.. I even kinda liked the second... I loved the video game that everyone hated.. I liked the look of the game... But it just feels wrong.. I wana be a ruff neck, Not a maruder.. I want bugs filling up the screen with the real fear I might die in a sec, not laughting at them being stuck at a metal wall. The game just felt wrong.. They really need to step it up if there going to bring the experience that I expect from a game baised on a cult movie...

Maybe thats the problem.... Don't do cult movie games....

By Barker

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 12:16 AM
an_old_wonderer

I loved everything about starship troopers since the first movie.. I even kinda liked the second... I loved the video game that everyone hated.. I liked the look of the game... But it just feels wrong.. I wana be a ruff neck, Not a maruder.. I want bugs filling up the screen with the real fear I might die in a sec, not laughting at them being stuck at a metal wall. The game just felt wrong.. They really need to step it up if there going to bring the experience that I expect from a game baised on a cult movie...

Maybe thats the problem.... Don't do cult movie games....
i didnt like the 2nd movie too well, not enough action like the first. the first movie i fell in love with LOL laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 01:44 AM