KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » Poetry Corner » Poetry.com ~ Nothing But A Hoax!

Poetry.com ~ Nothing But A Hoax!
Started by: Syren

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 14 15 [16]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
pridemorekatie

Hey guys, I have some work on poetry.com too. I really don't like them either! They just want tons of money! BUT! I found a wayyyyyyyy better site called booksie.com. They don't ask for money, they don't want your money you can publish novels, music, poetry, riddles etc. I have some stuff on there. You guys should check it out! My name on there is Carolyn Lewis Poe. Check me out and comment and rate if you go!

Old Post Oct 25th, 2008 07:31 AM
pridemorekatie is currently offline Click here to Send pridemorekatie a Private Message Find more posts by pridemorekatie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

well folks im old...but i did get published in a book because of them...back several years ago...i did not pay for the book but they sent one anyway...so all I can say is they started out good....probably giving out freebies is what drug them down ..?

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2008 07:32 AM
Jack Daniels is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leaflet92

Miffed poetry.com... my letter

I have also recieved letters which talk of publishing my poem, although, having checked out all the hoax warnings i'm not so sure wat t do. Apparently your poem IS published if you pay the money, if not then they simply wat for yu to pay and publish it i next years.
Also, people have said that the layout of the books is awful as it gives only a small amount of space for each poem. However, in one of my letters it was said that my poem would be featured on a page by istelf, with a short bit of information about me and the poem on the opposite page.
Do they say this to everybody or are the poems genuinely on their own page?

p.s. The title of the book which may include my poem is to be called 'Immortal Verses'

x

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 12:35 AM
leaflet92 is currently offline Click here to Send leaflet92 a Private Message Find more posts by leaflet92 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

As I said before, it's definitely a hoax. I was still receiving the same letters telling me my poem had won and describing the convention I had to attend to collect my award before I moved house. The letters were always exactly the same, word for word. Only difference being the dates.

Your poem may be published, or appear to have been published. But don't think for one second it's genuinely being marketed as they really do just pluck poems at random in order to get as much money out of gullible people as they can.

Best thing I can suggest is that you read this thread from start to finish and do some research of your own on 'poetry.com' as there is plenty of information on the 'net about them and how they've conned people in the past smile

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 10:03 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheStarCeleb

Re: Poetry.com ~ Nothing But A Hoax!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Syren
Please, if any of you have submitted your work to Poetry dot com DO NOT send them any money!! They are nothing but a sham, I submitted some pieces a while back and I still have all of the correspondence regarding the poem that they were going to publish, but I refused to send the extortionate amounts of money they asked for and I didn't go to the 'conventions' or 'award ceremonies' as they were in the US and I'm in the UK... and I'm glad I didn't!

Check out the link and read through, it's absolutely disgusting and I would really hate for any of you to be taken in by their lies. Luckily I wasn't entirely tricked, although I felt extremely let down when I realised my work was never going to be published erm

THANK YOU!!! It's not just me. I had to question whether I was even a good writer when I happened to be at a friends house who was a really poor writer and I happened to see the same letter to her that they sent me! That we were really talented...blah blah blah it all led up to paying $80 for the book they were going to publish it in. This isn't even to mention the letter they send telling you how awesome you are just to be told to be able to show up to one of their ridiculous affairs they wanted me to pay hundreds of dollars. Why? I have more...they continually send me emails telling me they want to publish my poetry and I always reply back saying they DO NOT have my permission yet I get no reply. Are they still going ahead and publishing my poetry and I just don't know? This place IS A SCAM

Old Post Feb 28th, 2009 01:49 AM
TheStarCeleb is currently offline Click here to Send TheStarCeleb a Private Message Find more posts by TheStarCeleb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Visage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ah.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2013 12:45 PM
Visage is currently offline Click here to Send Visage a Private Message Find more posts by Visage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 14th, 2018 03:04 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote