KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Silver Surfer Respect Thread (everyone else is doing one)

Silver Surfer Respect Thread (everyone else is doing one)
Started by: HigH ScholaR

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 19 20 [21]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
gaiawolf

vs Thor

Anyone have scans from the times Surfer defeated Thor, from canon and non-canon issues? I remember 2 What if... issues and another from a canon Avengers encounter. What issue was the canon fight?

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 06:09 PM
gaiawolf is currently offline Click here to Send gaiawolf a Private Message Find more posts by gaiawolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Priest

Surfer never defeated Thor to my knowledge.
they went heads up twice, thor is 2-0 against Norrin.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 06:31 PM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Priest
Surfer never defeated Thor to my knowledge.
they went heads up twice, thor is 2-0 against Norrin.
In the first fight they had, Surfer did indeed win, or had him on the ground, and could have applied more force.

Blood and Thunder... well... that's another issue entirely...

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 07:31 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gaiawolf

Originally posted by Tyrant
In the first fight they had, Surfer did indeed win, or had him on the ground, and could have applied more force.

Blood and Thunder... well... that's another issue entirely...

That first incident sounds like SS #4 where Surfer was being goaded by Loki and Thor held back. Thor was indeed a monster in B&T.

There was a What if? issue in which the Surfer did not betray Galactus the first time they came to Earth. The Avengers fought the Surfer and Galactus, and Surfer killed Thor. I think it was What If? vol. 2 #70 (1995). Another poster on this board mentioned 2 more encounters (another What if? and a canon encounter), but I never saw them. Hence I asked for scans.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 08:17 PM
gaiawolf is currently offline Click here to Send gaiawolf a Private Message Find more posts by gaiawolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
no_limits

read the comic properly during the battle the world is being devoured and thor makes a refernce that surfer will perish with him, but surfer says he will not because he's like a star or sumin. its the destruction of earth that destroys thor.... POST THE STRIP! in that comic surfer is killed by explosion caused by dr dooms armour??? hmmmm how impressive

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 11:08 PM
no_limits is currently offline Click here to Send no_limits a Private Message Find more posts by no_limits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by no_limits
POST THE STRIP!
I don't usually post nudes of myself on the internet... but if you insist...

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 11:29 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Question

Considering the immense loss of power the Surfer experienced prior to his first fight with Thor, would it be out of place in the Respect Thread to post a short history of that power loss (aka, Why Loki's Power-Up Was Insignificant)?

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 01:06 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Re: Question

Originally posted by Mindship
Considering the immense loss of power the Surfer experienced prior to his first fight with Thor, would it be out of place in the Respect Thread to post a short history of that power loss (aka, Why Loki's Power-Up Was Insignificant)?
Not at all, considering it explains away why he might not have looked as good during that instance.

Plus, he still won...

Damn sonic shark...

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 01:30 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

The Should-Be-Famous Surfer Power Loss

Below is a brief history of the Silver Surfer's immense loss of power (circa 1966-1969; no retcon since)...

1. FF#50: Galactus removes the Surfer's "space-time powers" (first power reduction). This was how Galactus punished the Surfer for turning against him in trying to save the Earth during Galactus' first visit.

2. FF#72: the Sonic Shark (a projectile of Reed's devising, the prototype of which was used to lure Dr Doom into space when he had the Surfer's powers a few issues earlier) is launched by the US military. It "almost totally" drains the Surfer of cosmic energy (second and most profound power reduction).

3. FF#74: Surfer states (while blasting Galactus' Punisher) that his "...power is but a fraction of what it once had been..."

4. FF#76: Surfer states (while fighting the FF) that he "...no longer possesses the limitless powers of the cosmos..."

5. SS#2, Vol#1: Surfer states (while blasting a giant alien), "Once I might have felled you with a shrug! But, though I am less than before, still am I the Silver Surfer!" (This is just 2 issues before his first fight with Thor. This is also the first time the Surfer's power is referred to as the "power cosmic").

6. SS#4, Vol#1 (prior to fighting Thor): Surfer fights Loki to a draw. This implies that, at best, Loki could only have doubled Surfer's power in prepping him to fight Thor. This still puts Surfer way below his original power level.

----------------------------

...because Surfer fans have a right to know.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Jul 24th, 2007 at 02:54 AM

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 02:48 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Takion

Originally posted by Mindship
Below is a brief history of the Silver Surfer's immense loss of power (circa 1966-1969; no retcon since)...

1. FF#50: Galactus removes the Surfer's "space-time powers" (first power reduction). This was how Galactus punished the Surfer for turning against him in trying to save the Earth during Galactus' first visit.

2. FF#72: the Sonic Shark (a projectile of Reed's devising, the prototype of which was used to lure Dr Doom into space when he had the Surfer's powers a few issues earlier) is launched by the US military. It "almost totally" drains the Surfer of cosmic energy (second and most profound power reduction).

3. FF#74: Surfer states (while blasting Galactus' Punisher) that his "...power is but a fraction of what it once had been..."

4. FF#76: Surfer states (while fighting the FF) that he "...no longer possesses the limitless powers of the cosmos..."

5. SS#2, Vol#1: Surfer states (while blasting a giant alien), "Once I might have felled you with a shrug! But, though I am less than before, still am I the Silver Surfer!" (This is just 2 issues before his first fight with Thor. This is also the first time the Surfer's power is referred to as the "power cosmic").

6. SS#4, Vol#1 (prior to fighting Thor): Surfer fights Loki to a draw. This implies that, at best, Loki could only have doubled Surfer's power in prepping him to fight Thor. This still puts Surfer way below his original power level.

----------------------------

...because Surfer fans have a right to know.

Damn sonic shark!

Thank You Scarlet Speed/Flash/Surfer/GL smile

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 03:53 PM
Takion is currently offline Click here to Send Takion a Private Message Find more posts by Takion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
werehawk

Cosmic Carnage

Any one have scans of Silver Surfer as Cosmic Carnage? I am real curious about this issue (Amazing Spiderman 431) and don't want to shell out the big bucks. Also Cosmic Carnage fought the Avengers in What If? 108. Who won?

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 12:44 AM
werehawk is currently offline Click here to Send werehawk a Private Message Find more posts by werehawk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

most of his speed feats no longer show... problem i am in a debate an i cant use them need help

Old Post Dec 24th, 2008 12:59 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leobama

cool thread

Last edited by Leobama on Dec 25th, 2008 at 09:10 AM

Old Post Dec 25th, 2008 09:05 AM
Leobama is currently offline Click here to Send Leobama a Private Message Find more posts by Leobama Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote