KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Indigo Prophecy

Indigo Prophecy
Started by: Great Vengeance

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's like a cinematic movie, with lots of cutscenes so far and the game has multiple endings and different choices.

for example. The game can end within the first five minutes of gameplay if you make the wrong choices.

So there's multiple choices to choose from and you control the three main characters for different parts of the story.
The murderer, and the two partner detectives on the murder case.

And it has these action scenes where you use the analog sticks to perform these actions. I haven't experienced any yet, as i just got the game today and was cut short, but it's a good game so far in my opinion.

I should have got it at first like I had planned.

Oh yeah, and you have to keep track of their mental state. You don't want them getting to down and depress or they could commit suicide and stuff. YOu want to keep them at Neutral or as close to it as you can.

For instance, performing the action of drinking a glass of water may raise their mental state level by five points and stuff like that, or something disappointing may drop it five or ten points.

Stuff like that.

is it comprehensible.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 06:39 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat J

sounds like an interesting experience, not my type of game though.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 07:19 AM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

too bad.

but yeah, going by some of your other posts, I can see how it's definitely not your type of game. I should have realized that without saying.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 07:30 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat J

yeah man, wtf is wrong with you? laughing out loud

i used to be into that type of thing, i sort of grew out of it though. id rather build up my character in a game like morrowind or cap some people.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 07:36 AM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah, I read in the instruction book and Intro to the game written by the game creator. It took him 2 years to make this game.
"He said even with all the advancements with games, the developers are not using them to their full potential. That you can have a good game with out sacrificing "narrative" and "interaction". That it doesn't have to be all about hacking and slashing and beating up an enemy like most games seem to focus. Everything is about "adventure" now."

Is it comprehensible.....

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 07:44 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Red Superfly
It's called Fahrenheit over here. That was the original name for the game but because in America, the name "Fahrenheit" is politcally sensitive these days, they changed it to avoid confusion.

I'd recommend it after playing the demo. It only looks like a rental though.

It IS only a rental. Very short.

Storyline started out strong, got retarded at the end.

What happens if, as the police, you do a really crappy job and have no clues on finding the protagonist (name eludes me at the moment)? I've wondered, but I didn't want to sit through large portions of the game where you CANNOT FAST FORWARD OR OUTRIGHT SKIP THEM.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 06:24 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Originally posted by Darth_Veav
Anyone got this game? This game is well detailed and scary. You need very fast reflexes to pass levels and make right decisions.

Played the demo, and ran out of the store without paying the bill. Regretted it.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 07:05 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 06:44 PM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

I forgot to mention that I completed this game yesterday.

It was unlike any game I've played and was exactly what I was waiting for in a game.

This is my kind of game. Very Cinematic, with a lot of cutscenes. I didn't think I'd ever play a game like it.

Now for all of those who completed it, is there 2 ending's you can get or jsut one, b/c I got the good ending.

After I finished I went back and went in the "Chapters" menu where you can replay parts of the chapters in the game if you want and make different decisions. Well at the end, the last chapter was the ending, but it was a different ending from the one I got, it was bad. But the ending I got wasn't there, so I was thinking maybe they just had that bad other ending there so we could see another version of the ending that they were going to use but didn't and since the good ending i got wasn't there, they must not have included it since it was the one ending everybody would get and see if they completed it.

But I don't know, so did anybody get the bad ending?

Anyway, very good game and I read in the booklet how the maker of this game apologized to his son for spending so much time away from him making this game for 2 or 3 years and that he would never do it again, but I hope he does because this game was way too short and I want more.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 05:29 AM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

I'm installing it for PC right now. happy

The European version, that is. stick out tongue

Old Post May 18th, 2006 09:52 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Let us know how you do in the game and what you think of it.

Old Post May 18th, 2006 11:48 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

It doesn't work. laughing Guess that's what you get for piratin'.

Old Post May 19th, 2006 09:32 PM
KingDubya
Mainstream Indie Rocker

I remember when I first picked up the game. When I got to the apartment, I learned that you should never mix aspirin and alchohol... stick out tongue

But I loved this game. It has great replay value due to its multiple endings (I've gotten 5 different ones where you actually get to the end), and it has one of the best stories I've seen/heard.

Old Post May 20th, 2006 09:27 AM
KingDubya is currently offline Click here to Send KingDubya a Private Message Find more posts by KingDubya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarkC
It doesn't work. laughing Guess that's what you get for piratin'.

ummmmmmm i don't see what's funny.

Originally posted by KingDubya
I remember when I first picked up the game. When I got to the apartment, I learned that you should never mix aspirin and alchohol... stick out tongue

But I loved this game. It has great replay value due to its multiple endings (I've gotten 5 different ones where you actually get to the end), and it has one of the best stories I've seen/heard.

5 different endings?

Are you sure?

Old Post May 20th, 2006 04:15 PM
KingDubya
Mainstream Indie Rocker

I'm pretty sure... Not all of them were happy, but I got a few. It might've been 3, now that I think about it...

Old Post May 20th, 2006 05:46 PM
KingDubya is currently offline Click here to Send KingDubya a Private Message Find more posts by KingDubya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

There are only three different endings. And u only have to do the lats lvl over again to get a different ending.

As for the game itself I loved the plot and gameplay, however as the plot evolved and turned all Aliens and science fiction I actually got a bit disappointed. I hope the "sequel" they make will be more realistic, maybe some voodoo or something, but no more flying around matrix style and fighting robots.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 07:12 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Are you sure there's a sequel?

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 04:25 AM
KingDubya
Mainstream Indie Rocker

Originally posted by Morridini
There are only three different endings. And u only have to do the lats lvl over again to get a different ending.

As for the game itself I loved the plot and gameplay, however as the plot evolved and turned all Aliens and science fiction I actually got a bit disappointed. I hope the "sequel" they make will be more realistic, maybe some voodoo or something, but no more flying around matrix style and fighting robots.

1) With his enhanced strength, agility, and reflexes due to the ritual, any fight that Lucas would participate in would seem Matrix-style, just because he sees the world and what happens in it at a different speed than everyone else.

2) When were there robots? Are you talking about the Purple Clan (AI that was disguised as Agatha near the end)?

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 12:56 PM