KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Hey you, yes you reading this. EVOLVE OR DIE!!

Hey you, yes you reading this. EVOLVE OR DIE!!
Started by: willRules

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (29): « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 29 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DBZ MAN
The First Super Sayain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules
How did Morlum come back from being a pile of dust?

It was a different Morlun.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 12:17 PM
DBZ MAN is currently offline Click here to Send DBZ MAN a Private Message Find more posts by DBZ MAN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sparkz

Originally posted by Arahan
ehm not really

Wait was the gate keeper the big spider or that guy made of spiders im not quite sure.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 12:21 PM
Sparkz is currently offline Click here to Send Sparkz a Private Message Find more posts by Sparkz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arahan
Silver Guy

There is more than one Morlun in the world.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 12:52 PM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

So there could still be another load of Morluns to fight like in.....uhm.......lets see.............the matrix when Neo has to fight all those agents. That would be cool if spidey had to fight more than one morlun at a time.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 02:30 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by Marcus4600
I don't. It's the exact reason I haven't bought a single issue of the Other. After Morlun got his ass handed to him, and Spidey got a little more awesome, it went down from there. I do like the new costume, and the enhanced powers are cool, but a villain made out of spiders was already done before.

Good. Then you have nothing to complain about. happy

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 03:26 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcus4600
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually, I do, because I love the character, and I don't want to see it ruined. The least that they've done is keep Peter in character, because you can tell that even he thinks its a bit ridiculous. Maybe he'll break the fourth wall like Deadpool. Now THAT would be something.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 04:47 PM
Marcus4600 is currently offline Click here to Send Marcus4600 a Private Message Find more posts by Marcus4600 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

I assume when you say there was already a 'villain made of spiders was already done before' you mean gate keeper, or was there someone else made of spiders? If there was then I have never heard of them.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 05:28 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

I think the gatekeeper was the only one to my recollection

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 07:54 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Thats why I said gatekeeper, because that is the only villain I can think of.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 08:34 PM
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

yes

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 08:57 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcus4600
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah. I'm talking about the gatekeeper. Like I said. Spidey even could tell it was flat out ridiculous.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 09:32 PM
Marcus4600 is currently offline Click here to Send Marcus4600 a Private Message Find more posts by Marcus4600 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

I guess gatekeeper is powerful enough to do this kinda.......stuff.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 07:07 AM
Marcus4600
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can just imagine Venom singing this nowadays:

Nobody likes me, everybody hates me, guess I'll go EAT BRAINS!

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 03:28 PM
KnivesOut
nuff sed

lol. i still love you venom! come back! ill make ya a new eddie brock!

[5:20][showcase]

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 04:00 PM
KnivesOut is currently offline Click here to Send KnivesOut a Private Message Find more posts by KnivesOut Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

Thank god this TERRIBLE arc is over.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 04:40 PM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KnivesOut
nuff sed

hes still gonna have the new powers. what is this civil war all about?

[5:20][showcase]

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 04:42 PM
KnivesOut is currently offline Click here to Send KnivesOut a Private Message Find more posts by KnivesOut Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcus4600
Restricted

Account Restricted

I dunno. Nobody has filled anyone in on these forums. It sucks.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 09:25 PM
BlaqChaos

For the next few years, yes he's going to have the new powers. As to whether or not he will keep the costume after the civil war is over, I don't know. Marvel says that Pete feels in debt to Tony for providing him with the new costume. As for what the civil war is about, check out this thread.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...highlight=civil

Also, this arc was about Spidey moving on with his life and putting the mistakes of his past behind him. Mistakes like feeling responsible for his uncle's death. I mean how long has he been carrying that torch anyway? It's almost as bad as how every so often he decides to quit being Spidey. And he's done that on almost every medium. Spider-man and his Amazing Friends, the 90's Spider-man, the MTV Spider-man, the Spider-man movies. It's time for a change for him, instead of them always rehashing old stuff.

Last edited by BlaqChaos on Jan 31st, 2006 at 02:53 PM

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 02:49 PM
BlaqChaos is currently offline Click here to Send BlaqChaos a Private Message Find more posts by BlaqChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcus4600
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hmmmm. After reading that thread, I'm gonna be honest about something. Iron Man will NOT lead those who are for the act. If you read the U.S. War Machine miniseries, you'll understand why. I think that Cap, Spider-Woman, Sentry (because he's retarded), and maybe Ronin will be for the act, leaving Wolverine, Iron Man, and Luke Cage against the act. Knowing Spider-Man, he won't want to be involved, but because of his debt to Iron Man, he may have to.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 06:05 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by Marcus4600
Hmmmm. After reading that thread, I'm gonna be honest about something. Iron Man will NOT lead those who are for the act. If you read the U.S. War Machine miniseries, you'll understand why. I think that Cap, Spider-Woman, Sentry (because he's retarded), and maybe Ronin will be for the act, leaving Wolverine, Iron Man, and Luke Cage against the act. Knowing Spider-Man, he won't want to be involved, but because of his debt to Iron Man, he may have to.

I think Cap is going to be the central figure of the story, as he is supposed to be the "government hero," but because of the recent events... erm

I doubt Sentry will have an opinion. I agree with you on Spider-Woman, but I don't know enough about Ronin to judge. Wolverine and Luke Cage will obviously be against it, and I haven't read the War Machine miniseries to comment on Iron Man, but I thought he was a shoe-in for being for the act. Perhaps that will be a twist in the plot?

I don't believe Spider-Man would ever be for something like this, though, debt or not. Nothing would want to make him risk his personal life, and especially with MJ and May around... erm

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 09:23 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote