KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » REad this thread! It is important!

REad this thread! It is important!
Started by: jplatinum

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NoFate007

Characters that are completely immortal like Deadpool.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 10:10 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Orestes

Speaking of Emma Frost, her hooker costume ... how, man? How? How does it stay on?? I don't understand ...!!!

"he could......if he needed too....hed juss make up lies about how one was talkin smack bout the other and then they would fight, and after they foughtit out....he would suck the other weakened one into a blackhole." - King KAN explaining how Batman could defeat Thanos and Galactus

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 10:11 PM
Orestes is currently offline Click here to Send Orestes a Private Message Find more posts by Orestes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marvel=DC
Sexy In Any Universe

What about Wonder Woman and Batman he's trained for like what 20 something odd years in martial arts while she's trained since birth for thousands of years has countless more experience at using it and yet somehow he's still able to oppose some sort of threat? In fact Batman period I like him and all but, he shouldn't catch Flash, beat WW, or Green Lantern the rest of the league it actually makes since if he beats them with their weaknesses but the three I just listed please.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2005 01:11 AM
Marvel=DC is currently offline Click here to Send Marvel=DC a Private Message Find more posts by Marvel=DC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

you know what else? how about when ppl crash thru a building but there clothes dont get dirty...WTF!! have you ever seen a wall come down how much dust and particles come with it?.....about two years ago i was helping one of my buddies take down a wall in his home,and even with a freaking face mask everybody had to step outside periodically to get some fresh air, cuz just one slam from the sledge hammer and it was dust like crazy

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Oct 7th, 2005 05:54 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Correct Forum-ized!

Old Post Oct 7th, 2005 05:57 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

I read the coolest book in the world a couple of weeks back, called the"Science of Superheroes". Go out and get this book NOW! Or at least just do a Google search on it, and see what I'm talking about.

About Superman, for instance, it explains that light is just light, no matter whether it's yellow, red, or green with purple spots, so that whole "yellow sun' thing is just so much BS. Same with Green Lantern and his vulnerability to yellow, although they offer the theory that the Guardians actually subconsciously indoctrinate the GLs with that, so that they can not become omnipotent.

Ant Man or Giant Man was awesome, as they actually explain that if you double in size, your strength would be cut in half, because if you double a cube, it's not just two cubes, but FOUR cubes, since we are in a three dimesional world, not a two dimensional world.

About Hulk, which I found wicked, they not just destroy the theory about gamma radiation, but offer an ALTERNATIVE theory, namely, that Bruce Banner actually did research into steroids and adrenaline, which explains the strength and also the uncontrollable rages.

And they look at underwater breathing, and faster-than-ligh speed - go and get this book now, it is brilliant!

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 04:42 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Creshosk
How do you even get power from something that absorbs light?

A blsck hole isn't a valid energy source. . Secret wars you say? That story seems to be so full of PIS it rivals Onslaught. . .

Not all the particles (mass and massless) go past the event horizon, some go around it, at phenomenal speeds !!!!!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 04:46 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Dreampanther
I read the coolest book in the world a couple of weeks back, called the"Science of Superheroes". Go out and get this book NOW! Or at least just do a Google search on it, and see what I'm talking about.

About Superman, for instance, it explains that light is just light, no matter whether it's yellow, red, or green with purple spots, so that whole "yellow sun' thing is just so much BS. Same with Green Lantern and his vulnerability to yellow, although they offer the theory that the Guardians actually subconsciously indoctrinate the GLs with that, so that they can not become omnipotent.

Ant Man or Giant Man was awesome, as they actually explain that if you double in size, your strength would be cut in half, because if you double a cube, it's not just two cubes, but FOUR cubes, since we are in a three dimesional world, not a two dimensional world.

About Hulk, which I found wicked, they not just destroy the theory about gamma radiation, but offer an ALTERNATIVE theory, namely, that Bruce Banner actually did research into steroids and adrenaline, which explains the strength and also the uncontrollable rages.

And they look at underwater breathing, and faster-than-ligh speed - go and get this book now, it is brilliant!

I've read it !!!!!!!!!! Ok , I've read better. The Bible according to G.S. gives a better scientific explanation of Superman's powers.

The chick who wrote the book also forgot the endless possibilities that robotics and nano tech give us. smile

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 04:50 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by yahman
I've read it !!!!!!!!!! Ok , I've read better. The Bible according to G.S. gives a better scientific explanation of Superman's powers.

The chick who wrote the book also forgot the endless possibilities that robotics and nano tech give us. smile

Damn yet another GS reference roll eyes (sarcastic)

This is getting tired youngster. Whirly can handle himself dont involve yourself in his vendettas. smile

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 05:49 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Damn yet another GS reference roll eyes (sarcastic)

This is getting tired youngster. Whirly can handle himself dont involve yourself in his vendettas. smile
No he can't. . . he's banned

Not all the particles (mass and massless) go past the event horizon, some go around it, at phenomenal speeds !!!!!
And? that still doesn't explain how its used as an energy source. . and how it doesn't just suck Doom in. . .

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 07:15 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Really? eek! Awwwww Yahman you must be distraught sad

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 07:21 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Really? eek! Awwwww Yahman you must be distraught sad

I'm fighting his cause !!!!!!!!!!!! Lets just say i know people in high places

'Wikipedia encyclopedia has been dubbed 'The Bible according to G.S.' for some time now ' stick out tongue

Have you missed me !.... I haven't been on as much ! sad

Cresh ..... use your imagination ..... anything that is moving fast usually has a lot of energy.

.... He could use negative energy to stop it from collapsing on itself. smile

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 10:36 PM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I found that comical.

quote:
And? that still doesn't explain how its used as an energy source. . and how it doesn't just suck Doom in. . .

Doom tells it not to suck him in and tells it to give him energy and the black hole obeys.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 12:53 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

I'm fighting his cause !!!!!!!!!!!! Lets just say i know people in high places

'Wikipedia encyclopedia has been dubbed 'The Bible according to G.S.' for some time now ' stick out tongue

Have you missed me !.... I haven't been on as much ! sad

Cresh ..... use your imagination ..... anything that is moving fast usually has a lot of energy.

.... He could use negative energy to stop it from collapsing on itself. smile
How can he make a profit energy wise off of it?

He'd have to expend an enormous amout of energy just to keep it from sucking him in.

Blackholes are NOT a viable energy source. . .

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 05:01 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

another thing that seems to baffle me is when reg. charcters withstand punches from power houses. most operatively wolverine getting clocked by the hulk on several occasions, spidey getting clocked as well(a powerhouse in his own right but not invulnerable), absorbing man gettin clocked and not exploding in a million pieces everytime, and any poilce or army guys who get grazed by strong guys here and there, what always end up happening his these fools get sent flying instead of showing what would really happen...... exploding in a bloody pulp

for example meet Flint, and average girl from Africa .....who happens to have unbreakable skin and is basically the female Juggernaut of the wildstorm universe, look what happens when she barely taps a sentry at a secret facility

Attachment: img.jpg
This has been downloaded 35 time(s).

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 03:54 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by manjaro
another thing that seems to baffle me is when reg. charcters withstand punches from power houses. most operatively wolverine getting clocked by the hulk on several occasions, spidey getting clocked as well(a powerhouse in his own right but not invulnerable), absorbing man gettin clocked and not exploding in a million pieces everytime, and any poilce or army guys who get grazed by strong guys here and there, what always end up happening his these fools get sent flying instead of showing what would really happen...... exploding in a bloody pulp

for example meet Flint, and average girl from Africa .....who happens to have unbreakable skin and is basically the female Juggernaut of the wildstorm universe, look what happens when she barely taps a sentry at a secret facility

A punch from someone with < Level 4 strength, would feel like a car hitting you at top speeds. Very few people walk away from such forces. smile

Lifting heavy objects should be a immposibility aswell. Ult thing showed us recently that each of his hands could give out a preessure of about 14 000 lbs per square inch. Very few materials can withsatnd such high pressures.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 04:04 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

How come you never see sweat stains soaking through costumes?

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2005 11:44 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
severance
Plot is better than power

ridiculos

Clark Kent is Superman gtfo - oh the glasses brilliant disguise. DC humans must be the dumbest in all comicdom.

Hulks trousers stay on even though his body weight has decupled. Dont tell me the Hulks got a 120" chest but only a 30" waist. Howvever I'm pretty glad they do stay on.

How does iron man fly. His boot jets provide thrust but if his body is horizontal what provides lift (no wings)

and again spidey or Luke cage hitting ordinairy joes. A gorilla can kill a man without really trying these two are about 10 x the strength of a gorilla.

how is spidey able to press 10 tons. no spider in the world has that kinda proportional strength. At best Spider should be able to press 40 times body weight - about 3 tons

Old Post Oct 18th, 2005 01:04 AM
severance is currently offline Click here to Send severance a Private Message Find more posts by severance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by severance
ridiculos

Clark Kent is Superman gtfo - oh the glasses brilliant disguise. DC humans must be the dumbest in all comicdom.

Hulks trousers stay on even though his body weight has decupled. Dont tell me the Hulks got a 120" chest but only a 30" waist. Howvever I'm pretty glad they do stay on.

How does iron man fly. His boot jets provide thrust but if his body is horizontal what provides lift (no wings)

and again spidey or Luke cage hitting ordinairy joes. A gorilla can kill a man without really trying these two are about 10 x the strength of a gorilla.

how is spidey able to press 10 tons. no spider in the world has that kinda proportional strength. At best Spider should be able to press 40 times body weight - about 3 tons

Radioactive-enhanced spider, remember. Or has it been changed yet to genetically-enhanced?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2005 04:16 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by roughrider
Radioactive-enhanced spider, remember. Or has it been changed yet to genetically-enhanced?

It smells like B.S. to me. smile

Old Post Oct 18th, 2005 05:28 PM