KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Are You A Cheater?

Do you cheat in videogames?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Hell yeah! 4 13.33%
No way! 7 23.33%
umm, sometimes... 19 63.33%
Total: 30 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Are You A Cheater?
Started by: snake_eyes616

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PINBALL

Hell yeah im an Elite Haxor to the Maxor

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 03:40 AM
PINBALL is currently offline Click here to Send PINBALL a Private Message Find more posts by PINBALL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

I only use strategy guides for RPGs because I'm a perfectionist. And some levels like the Water Temple in Zelda are just damn impossible to get through without some form of help.

I don't use codes unless it's to unlock a costume or something superfluous. Except for the Matrix. Codes were mandatory for that game to be remotely fun.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 03:50 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, the Water Temple was ridiculous.

I for one, use cheats when I'm stuck at a level. I get very busy and my attention span is very limited when it comes to games. Either I beat the game in the two days off I get, or I try to beat it the next couple of days after that. But, once I start playing another game, I never will finish it, so I use a cheat to get past the really tough parts.

I also use cheats when the game is cheap. For example, facing an boss, who is crazy ass tough, but when you wittle his health down, he gets it back, and then the cycle repeats itself. Thats when I use a cheat, because the learning curver is so unbalanced, its almost impossible, unless you keep on playing for months to beat it. But I, dont have that type of time to actually do that.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 04:10 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StaT1c

People have called me a cheater for blocking too much in MvC2 =[

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 11:00 PM
StaT1c is currently offline Click here to Send StaT1c a Private Message Find more posts by StaT1c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tru_Slice
Pun not included

quote: (post)
Originally posted by PINBALL
Hell yeah im an Elite Haxor to the Maxor

What the f**k?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 02:57 AM
Tru_Slice is currently offline Click here to Send Tru_Slice a Private Message Find more posts by Tru_Slice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Next Venom_girl
Scream

On non-online games but ones at home, if I'm having trouble with a game, I like to put on God-mode and play through on the most difficult setting. Then things seem a bit easier on replay. evil face

Girls Kick Butt!Respect Venom|Respect Black Canary|Respect Namor|Respect Hellsing|The Official Symbiote Thread&Picture Thread

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 07:45 AM
Next Venom_girl is currently offline Click here to Send Next Venom_girl a Private Message Find more posts by Next Venom_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MysteryRidah
Living Eternally

Originally posted by DarkC
I used to when I was a kid, but not anymore.

When i was young i used to use cheats, but as i got older and better at games, i dont cheat anymore too. I like doing things without having to use cheats, and finsh the game 100%. Happy Dance

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 05:48 PM
MysteryRidah is currently offline Click here to Send MysteryRidah a Private Message Find more posts by MysteryRidah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon
X/1999 = best anime ever!

Three facts you need to know about cheating:
1. Waste your money
2. Makes you bored
3. Takes away the fun of playing the game

We must not let them disappear! Act now & together we can save them.
Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 06:42 PM
Blue Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skorn254
Renafan

Off and on. I only cheat when I can't get any farther and i've been trying for a long time.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 03:23 PM
Skorn254 is currently offline Click here to Send Skorn254 a Private Message Find more posts by Skorn254 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

I never "Cheat" but I do use "Cheat codes" AFTER I have beten the game (And only if it is a worthless one, like turning all your enemies into uh... CHICKENS! big grin or allows you to go around and blow stuff up... like the Infinate $$ in Mercinarys, which will allow you to buy infanant C4 )

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 07:34 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by Blue Dragon
Three facts you need to know about cheating:
1. Waste your money
2. Makes you bored
3. Takes away the fun of playing the game

Also, when you cheat to get through something, You can't say YOU did it, the cheat did.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 07:40 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon
X/1999 = best anime ever!

...okay, so...right. blink The cheat does it but someone has to make that cheat happen, for eg by insertting a cheat code.

We must not let them disappear! Act now & together we can save them.
Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 09:31 PM
Blue Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote