KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Superman Respect thread

Superman Respect thread
Started by: Creshosk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (119): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Creshosk

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Snoop rolls with you guys and is a big Supes supporter. Just returning the favor. Pal. smile
So you're going to be an ass and stoop to his level? You're justifying Snoops actions.

If I could I'd have a moderator delete all of the disrespectful posts in each respect thread.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 11:04 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

One of my fave moments....wrestling Asmodel, the head angel of the Bull Host of heaven (War Angels.)

(please log in to view the image)

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 12:08 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I don't have anything really against Superman. He is who he is, and I get a little irritated with him having to hold this iconic position of God-like status; no one at Marvel has to hold this position. It's like DC thinks they will crumble if Supes goes down in defeat. A parallel - During his hockey heyday, it was the conspiracy floated around the NHL : No one hits Wayne Gretzky.
Now, I have actually picked him as the winner in many versus matches - all those people claiming Hulk beats Superman, I say No.
I wasn't going to post on here originally. But seeing as Creshosk starts it off with a sentence like:"I can't belive I'm actually doing this..." it's an invitation for dissent, and serious sarcasm for the super-fanboys.
Now, it's Friday. Gotta get back to Friday activities. beer

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 01:02 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

I get paid doing what I do. smile

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 04:30 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Well Guys I did post some disrespecting scans of Norrin Radd but I also posted some scans of him taking it to the Hulk. And I only posted those scans cause they proved something you guys said he can do wrong.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 05:15 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

Originally posted by Mindship
The fact that Superman inspires both such dedication and vehemence--as seen in this thread-- demonstrates, probably more than anything else, the Power he Is as a real-world icon, a Power no other hero has or probably ever will have. You don't see this kinda intense discussion in any other thread regarding any other hero.

And as for the dissenters, Superman himself would probably state, "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend with my life your right to say it."

You could look at like that or you could say there are alot of superman haters out there since I personally have NEVER seen a "repect" thread ever have people try and bash the said character as is going on here.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 06:27 PM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Precisely. What about the Hulk Respect Thread? Or the Human Torch Respect Thread?

Bashing on a respect thread is incredibly low.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 11:32 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediMasterLuke5
Superman is a god

Originally posted by roughrider
Totally unlikely. Only thing going for Superman is that Surfer is a pacifist; he'll drop him off in some red sun system where he can do no harm, then speed off to contemplate cosmic matters while he comforts Lois and Wonder Woman about his neccessary action. wink

Speed Blitz owns. Silver Surfer would be dead before he could even react. Have you ever seen smallville? Clark can come into a place knock some one out and then run away without even being seen, its like he stops time hes so fast.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 06:03 PM
JediMasterLuke5 is currently offline Click here to Send JediMasterLuke5 a Private Message Find more posts by JediMasterLuke5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

There's speed - then there's Silver Surfer speed. Try 350 million times the speed of light, like in The Infinity Gaunlet.
Plus, Surfer would recognize solar energy signature from Superman and know he's coming from who knows how far away.
Check out How Fast is Silver Surfer thread in Comic Books section.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 06:17 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

This is ridiculous, this thread is a superman respect thread it is not in the versus forum so stop trying to make it into a versus thread.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 07:41 PM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I didn't start this whole versus idea. Talk to JediMasterLuke5, he's keeping it going. I wasn't going to say anymore.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 07:51 PM
Bardock42

Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
One of my fave moments....wrestling Asmodel, the head angel of the Bull Host of heaven (War Angels.)

(please log in to view the image)

That's one of my favorites to....came in First in a German Top Ten of the New JLA greatest Moments...well..I disagreed for me it was a second..Batman defeating the Hyperclan should be first.....but Superman had some great moments

Attachment: doomsday.jpg
This has been downloaded 2061 time(s).

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 08:18 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

I didn't start this whole versus idea. Talk to JediMasterLuke5, he's keeping it going. I wasn't going to say anymore.

I wasn't speaking to anyone in particular just saying in general.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 10:09 PM
JediMasterLuke5
Superman is a god

Try 350 million times the speed of light,

How about no. Quick Silver fastest in Marvel. Flash fastest is DC. Superman just below flash. Again Speed Blitz Surfer is Dead.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 11:01 PM
JediMasterLuke5 is currently offline Click here to Send JediMasterLuke5 a Private Message Find more posts by JediMasterLuke5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

See what I mean?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2005 02:22 AM
Creshosk

His power isn't real. Get him out of a system with yellow solar energy, and he has no abilities at all. wink
Look what I found. wink

Attachment: sh6.jpg
This has been downloaded 2262 time(s).

Old Post Oct 17th, 2005 03:02 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Well, of course he can beat the Hulk! (Oops, here come the Hulk fanboys!)

Old Post Oct 17th, 2005 03:37 AM
Dr.Fate
Aztek's only Fanboy

Did you know his heat vision started out as the Heat of his X-ray vision so technically every time he lights someone on hire with them he should he seeing through them

Aztek's Feats. Stealing Kyle Rayner's Ring right off his hand. and stopping a mugging by giving the muggers his lunch money! Beat that!

Old Post Oct 17th, 2005 02:24 PM
Dr.Fate is currently offline Click here to Send Dr.Fate a Private Message Find more posts by Dr.Fate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
How about no. Quick Silver fastest in Marvel. Flash fastest is DC. Superman just below flash. Again Speed Blitz Surfer is Dead.

Now, now....QuickSilver is in no way the fastest in the universe....Silver Surfer is actually faster...and the fastest is Buried Alien...hmm...who could that be.....

Old Post Oct 17th, 2005 03:56 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Theisos

Hero

Quote:

As far as i'm concerned, I don't care if gladiator were more powerful indeed than Superman. I don't care if there's 20 million beings more powerful than Superman. What some people fail to understand is that Superman is an idol. He's the guy that's never going to give up fighting for us. He's the adamant soldier that won't back down even if it costs him his life. Spiderman can do the same, but he has nowhere near the responsibility Superman has. Supes fights for a planet that isn't his own, for what they gave to him in the form of a home. And you can always rely on him. Always.

At least that's how i see Superman.

~wickerman~

Old Post Oct 18th, 2005 03:13 AM
Theisos is currently offline Click here to Send Theisos a Private Message Find more posts by Theisos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote