KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » PS2 Bye-Bye

PS2 Bye-Bye
Started by: hotsauce6548

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

'where he died from a combination of tuberculosis and
a tomahawk to the head' - Mayor Adam West

Old Post Oct 18th, 2005 01:30 AM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Follen
Lord of Azarathian Elves

I think game cube is better they have better harvest moon games...LOL

Old Post Oct 18th, 2005 01:38 AM
Lord Follen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Follen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Follen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
'where he died from a combination of tuberculosis and
a tomahawk to the head' - Mayor Adam West

dude you are the best laughing i love family guy

Old Post Oct 18th, 2005 01:38 AM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

God of War, Devil May Cry trilogy, Dragon Ball Z Trilogy, Ratchet & Clank trilogy, Jak & Daxter trilogy, Resident Evil:Outbreak saga, Sly Cooper trilogy, Chaos Legion, Final Fantasy X & X-2, [If you like them], and Haunting Ground.

That is plenty a reason to own the console, and soon of course, the full version of: Resident Evil 4.

With Ratchet: Deadlocked, Jak X:Combat Racing, Dragon Ball Z:Budokai 4 [I don't know how to type out that word], I think the Ps2 is doing fine for originality.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2005 02:03 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

The first 13 games you named (trilogies etc) were run along platformers with little to no difference.

Proves my point.

THEN you went on to name those games sequels as proof of originality. How? They're more or less all trying to rip of Banjo Kazooie.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Oct 18th, 2005 04:11 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zen2nd
Veridis Quo

All consoles are good. I own all 3. I can say that I enjoyed playing all 3. Different games on each one. But as time passed I moved onto another console. At the moment that console is Xbox. BUT I still like playing Gamecube and PS2.

If you are a real gamer you should appreciate all 3!

Nintendo creates original games

Sony opened up the market

Microsoft create an excellent online service

People who argue about who's console is better, really don't have a clue at all. Since all consoles are good in their own aspects.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2005 04:20 PM
Zen2nd is currently offline Click here to Send Zen2nd a Private Message Find more posts by Zen2nd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by Zen2nd
All consoles are good. I own all 3. I can say that I enjoyed playing all 3. Different games on each one. But as time passed I moved onto another console. At the moment that console is Xbox. BUT I still like playing Gamecube and PS2.

If you are a real gamer you should appreciate all 3!

Nintendo creates original games

Sony opened up the market

Microsoft create an excellent online service

People who argue about who's console is better, really don't have a clue at all. Since all consoles are good in their own aspects.

I'm not saying that PS2 is bad, all's I'm saying is I don't play it, for whatever reason. erm

Originally posted by JToTheP
God of War, Devil May Cry trilogy, Dragon Ball Z Trilogy, Ratchet & Clank trilogy, Jak & Daxter trilogy, Resident Evil:Outbreak saga, Sly Cooper trilogy, Chaos Legion, Final Fantasy X & X-2, [If you like them], and Haunting Ground.

That is plenty a reason to own the console, and soon of course, the full version of: Resident Evil 4.

With Ratchet: Deadlocked, Jak X:Combat Racing, Dragon Ball Z:Budokai 4 [I don't know how to type out that word], I think the Ps2 is doing fine for originality.

I would agree with you, but just about all the games you listed, I don't like. God of War I beat and then returned for thirty bucks. big grin

Devil May Cry could be one that I would be interested in, but as soon as the next gen comes out, I'll probably forget about it. stick out tongue

Resident Evil I've already got on Gamecube. No need to buy it twice. smile

Old Post Oct 18th, 2005 07:45 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon
X/1999 = best anime ever!

I hate all this bye bye console crap! Instead of creating new consoles (to make lots of money) so if people want a game, they have to buy the new console, why not just create the games for the PS2, X-Box, PS2 etc?

They must think that we have more money than sense. Consoles & games costs lots of money, I am still behind of games from PS1. I have forgotten which ones it's been so long & instead been buying a GC game or something.

Unless you are rich, you will not get every game! It's a way of making money, "let's make another Mario game but instead of putting it on the GameCube let's but it on the Revolution so people have to buy the console to play the game! HAHAHA!"

We must not let them disappear! Act now & together we can save them.
Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2005 09:59 PM
Blue Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Originally posted by Blue Dragon

Unless you are rich, you will not get every game! It's a way of making money, "let's make another Mario game but instead of putting it on the GameCube let's but it on the Revolution so people have to buy the console to play the game! HAHAHA!"

Sadly, that's the way it goes.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2005 10:48 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Originally posted by hotsauce6548
I'm not saying that PS2 is bad, all's I'm saying is I don't play it, for whatever reason. erm

I would agree with you, but just about all the games you listed, I don't like. God of War I beat and then returned for thirty bucks. big grin

Devil May Cry could be one that I would be interested in, but as soon as the next gen comes out, I'll probably forget about it. stick out tongue

Resident Evil I've already got on Gamecube. No need to buy it twice. smile

You got cheated out of $20, what a fool, you should of just rented it.

I don't see why everyone is whoring themselves to that damn XBox 360, I could careless about that crap. As for Revolution, if Nintendo plans to charge to download old-school games, I'll only download what I need, I may spend more time playing old-school games than newer games anyway. Ps3 is still a ways off, stop getting your hopes so high up.

They spend years making these new games, and they take so long to complete that you have no replay value left at all, this makes me wish I was addicted to fighting and sports games, I'd get so much more out of games these days.

No one said you HAD to buy RE4 on Ps2 you snob, you're saying the Ps2 is dying, and it isn't you fool. I'm buying RE4 on Ps2, for the extras, and because it is that damn incredible, I could see myself giving it at least another 5 plays through the main game, aside from Ada's scenario also.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 02:49 AM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The fanboyism in this thread is making my brain hurt.

All the systems are good for different reasons, it's a matter of opinion and nothing more, it depends on what type of games you want to play and how you want to play them.

Xbox is the only system to approach the PC is pure volume of online gaming. And it's the only console to have this as their main attribute when drawing new customers in. It's more about the online competitive spirt then having overly excellent and unique games.

Gamecube is all about the traditional style of gaming. It's main concern is providing excellent single player games of a traditional and classic manner with their first party titles, which is, in all honesty, the only thing the system really has going for it.

PS2 enjoys a happy medium in between both systems, which is why it is the most successful. It has a large number of quality games, both of a single player traditional manner, and a new age futuristic online manner. It gives both options to the players.

As for originality, as I said, none of the systems have had much originality as of late. The last truley innovative and original console game that came out was, IMO, GTA3, along with maybe Metroid Prime.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 03:38 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

It seems like you are biased against Gamecube and showing your nonfanboyism for the system and that's making my head hurt.

How can you say Gamecube is focused on One Player games. It's like the system with the best multiplayer games ever. Especially SuperSmashBrother's Melee.

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 03:42 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Yes, I'm biased against a system that I own and enjoy. Quite a deduction right there.

I'm going by what's popular on each system. On the GC, it's the single player games that are most popular, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, ect. These are the big name games on the system. It's overall focus is on single player games, rather then pure multiplayer games.

I'm not saying what's "best", because "best" is purely and factually subjective to each person. You think Super Smash bros is the best multiplayer game, someone else may think Halo 2 is. You both have as much merrit and validity because it's a matter of opinion, and nothing more. Something many illogically biased fanboys can't seem to grasp.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 03:58 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

I didn't say I thought SuperSmashBrother's Melee was the best. Grasp my words for a change.

And I was talking about on the Gamecube and Halo 2 isn't on there. So what was that comparison about. I was talking solely Gamecube.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 05:09 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

You said:

quote:
It's like the system with the best multiplayer games ever.

Followed by:

quote:
Especially SuperSmashBrother's Melee.

If GC has the "best multiplayer games", and you point out Smash Bros as "especially" good, as in, better then the rest, then it would be logical to deduce that you are hinting at Smash Bros being the best the GC has to offer. I'll grasp what you say when you say things clearly. If you don't thin SmashBros is the best, then why claim it to be "especially" noteworthy. Why not bring up whatever game you actually think is the best?

quote:
And I was talking about on the Gamecube and Halo 2 isn't on there. So what was that comparison about. I was talking solely Gamecube.

The point I was making was that "best" is a matter of opinion. Your statement of GC having the best Multiplayer game is nothing but a baseless opinion, and one that I can't see as having much merrit. It's obvious that the GC's main attribute is excellent single player game.

The fact that you assume that me bringing it up is some sort of negative speaks volume of your, now obvious, fanboyism for the GC. I never meant it as a negative against the GC, I love the cube, I'm just honest about each system, and can recognize the fault of each system, which is more then some can do, apparantly.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 06:17 AM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

At the end of your posts you are always saying what you can do and what others can't.

Get over yourself.

And you can logically deduce whatever the heck you want. I say what I want and mean what I want and it doesn't have to translate into what you think it should mean.

Yes I said the GAMECUBE (not supersmashbrother'smelee) has some of the best multiplayer games.
Yes I mentioned supersmashbrother'smelee as being ONE of the best(not the best) on the system(not any other system, no xbox included)

So you need to "logically deduce" nothing and just take it as you receieve it.

This is what I said and if you weren't so hellbent on making things sound a certain way to help your argument then things would go much smoother. Even if it means you wouldn't be as right as you want to be.

And it isn't obvious that the gamecube focuses on one player games, obviously.

And yes I like the gamecube, and I also like the playstation 2 too.
It doesn't matter if you are a fanboy.Without fanboys the systems wouldn't be as successful as they are today.
Just because I like something and disagree with you doesn't make me biased towards anything.
So just get over yourself. That's the overall theme of this message.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 06:26 AM
BackFire

quote:
At the end of your posts you are always saying what you can do and what others can't.

Truth is the truth. I've seen to many people being biased and illogical when it comes to the faults of each system, simply denying them without backing up their views with any relevent information other then "I think this so this is this". Case and point - You. Back up what you say. WHY do you think GC has the best multiplayer games? What makes you think this? Defend your stance, rather then claiming me biased for admitting faults that every system has. Yeah, doesn't make much sense when you think about it, does it? Being biased would mean I favor one system over the other. Obviously I don't. Though you do.

quote:
And you can logically deduce whatever the heck you want. I say what I want and mean what I want and it doesn't have to translate into what you think it should mean.

Obviously, you mean what you want. Problem is, what you suggest with your words is different then what you apparantly mean. Not my fault you have a faulty way of expressing yourself.

quote:
So you need to "logically deduce" nothing and just take it as you receieve it.

Which is what I did. From your post I recieved "okay, he thinks Smash bros is the best GC has to offer, since he used it as a special example for what the system has". If you didn't mean this, make yourself more clear. Not too difficult.

quote:
This is what I said and if you weren't so hellbent on making things sound a certain way to help your argument then things would go much smoother. Even if it means you wouldn't be as right as you want to be.

What? I am the one that admitted that there is no "right" or "wrong" in a subject as subjective as video games. I'm simply giving my opinion on the matter using reasoning to back it up. You're the one that claimed I was "biased" for being honest about each system. Keep in mind, I think every system has it's faults, GC isn't the only one. I have no problem admitting everything I've said is my opinion, I make this glaringly clear by saying "I think" in front of my statements. Unlike you, who presents their opinion as if it's some kind of fact - "How can you say Gamecube is focused on One Player games. It's like the system with the best multiplayer games ever. Especially SuperSmashBrother's Melee."

quote:
And it isn't obvious that the gamecube focuses on one player games, obviously.

It isn't? Gee. What great games that are primarily multiplayer are on the system? Is the number anywhere near the number of outstanding single player games that are available on the GC? Feel free to present information that may back up your opinion, it may help you.

quote:
It doesn't matter if you are a fanboy.Without fanboys the systems wouldn't be as successful as they are today.

So? Doesn't mean that they're worth a damn. Fanboys are stupid obnoxious idiots who can't grasp the simple difference between an opinion and a fact, and can't admit that their systems have any fault. They're what gives video gamers such a bad name.

quote:
Just because I like something and disagree with you doesn't make me biased towards anything.

Oh? But apparantly me acknowledging the faults of a system makes me biased against it, right? While you not admitting the fault of a system you like makes you completely unbiased? Yeah...oh wait, no,flip that around, then it's correct.

quote:
So just get over yourself. That's the overall theme of this message.

Yes, because acknowledging the fact that I can admit faults to each system while also pointing out that fanboys generally can't/won't do this because it would mean that their system of idiotic choice isn't perfect (which is true) means I'm full of myself or something, yeah? No.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 06:55 AM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh my god.

Read carefully. I didn't say SSBM is the best multiplayer. Receive it.

I did say you were bias for stating faults, state away. Receive it.

Did I say I favor the Gamecube over anything, nope. Receive it.

Oh yes, in order say I like a certain system, which I haven't, I have to state every single problem that the system has,NOT. Receive it.

All this crap about me being a Gamecube biased fanboy is crap. Just because I disagree with some of your statements doesn't make me anything. It could be the playstation 2 we're talking about right now and I would still be against some of your statements. It just so happens that you were blabbering away about this system so that's what we're talkingabout. RECEIVE IT!

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 07:06 AM
BackFire

quote:
Read carefully. I didn't say SSBM is the best multiplayer. Receive it.

No, but the way you presented your statement suggested that you did. But, seeing as this was simply a miscommunication, we'll just move on. So what game do you think IS the best GC multiplayer game? You still haven't said.

Nor have you backed up any of your arguments in any way. You said the GC is the best multiplayer system ever. What makes this so? What makes it a better multiplayer system then the Xbox, who's main attribute is their online MULTIPLAYER games.

quote:
It just so happens that you were blabbering away about this system so that's what we're talkingabout. RECEIVE IT!

What the shit? I was discussing ALL the system in my initial post. YOU are the one that singled out the GC and said my acknowledgement of, what I consider to be, a fault in the system means I'm biased. You're the one that started the whole "your biased" thing without merrit or reasoning, you'd do well to remember that, kiddo. I simply stated that from what you are saying, you seem to fall under the category as a fanboy for attacking someone for saying that a system you like isn't perfect. That's one of the biggest red flags for a fan boy. From what I've read from you, you seem to be one. Of course, if you're not, then you have nothing to worry about, right?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 07:15 AM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well I don't recall how this all started and don't feel like going back and reading it so whatever.

I rather not say which game I THINK is the best multiplayer on the GC.

And I wasn't including online and all that stuff. I am talking about original multiplayer games where there's 4 controllers with all the players in the room.
And I don't think I said the GC is the best system.

And I am not a fanboy.

I plan on getting the PS3, Revolution, and Xbox360.
The only system I don't have is the Xbox, because I dont like it's library of games overall.
Every blue moon a game will come out for it that looks good like Fable and that other RPG Fighting game with the elements and the woman and man.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 07:22 AM